Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonamargy

Quote from: btdtgtt on January 14, 2015, 09:11:25 AM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on January 14, 2015, 08:50:05 AM
the fact it was voted 24-20 shows how tight it was at mondays meeting.

does anyone know if it means the senior championships only in both codes or is it the intermediate and junior also?

Talking to a few people yesterday aggrieved that their club wasnt informed this was on the agenda for the meeting! Rail-roaded through?

The voting system plays into the hands of the bigger clubs. It is not one vote per club at congress and county meetings. The bigger the membership you have the more delegates/votes you have at county meetings. I am not sure of exact numbers but loughgiel/Ballycastle/Cushendall/Dunloy with the biggest memberships could have 5 delegates/votes each, whereas Cushendun/Carey/Clooney could have 2 votes and down the leagues the smallest clubs could only have one vote for their club. If the big clubs knew about the vote in advance and brought all their delegates to the meeting it was job done and was always going to be passed. cloak and dagger!!

jdyok

Each club had one vote...

Bonamargy

I see in the county website that only 8 teams decided to enter the Senior championship this year. Cloughmills and Sarsfields in the intermediate this season.

btdtgtt

Quote from: Bonamargy on January 14, 2015, 03:15:33 PM
I see in the county website that only 8 teams decided to enter the Senior championship this year. Cloughmills and Sarsfields in the intermediate this season.

So the 4 seeds play St galls johnnies rossa & clooney.
All that's left to be decided is who plays who in the semis?
St John's Ballycastle may seem closest possible chance of a shock - but in championship I wouldn't give the johnnies a chance.

Neutral venues at quarters?

Na Glinntí Glasa

whos Clan na nGael and st patricks in the U21 hurling?
hurl like f**k boi!

hurlingstick

Quote from: Dunloy realist on January 14, 2015, 04:06:30 PM
whos Clan na nGael and st patricks in the U21 hurling?

Naomh Padraig is Armoy, Cushendun and Carey

paddyjohn

I think St Patricks could be C'Dun, Armoy & Carey.

Bonamargy

Yep St Patrick's is Carey, Armoy and Cushendun at underage. Glenshesk is now gone as they hadn't enough players to field at younger age groups, so needed Cushendun as well to be able to field.

SaffronHeart

Think Clann na NGael are supposed to be for the Football. I think not 100% sure that its Eire Og, St Agnes, Lisburn

Na Glinntí Glasa

from further noseying of Mondays meeting it was indeed what people had though why it was seeded. the county didn't want a scenario like last year happening again where all the 'top' teams ended up in one side of the draw leaving too many poorly attended games. yes they made money at the bigger games like Cdall v lgiel, dunloy v ballycastle and the  dunloy v cushendall semi final but the other games were not as well attended.

its a bit of a poor reason to seed it but thats what we voted for. interestingly ballycastle didn't vote for it even tho they would be seeded. we did vote for it tho they didnt care if it passed or not and were happy either way.

another point is that it wont be necessarily 1v4 and 2v3 for the semi finals if all the top seeds get through the quarter finals. those are going to be drawn out as well. so you could have dunloy v loughgiel or cushendall v loughgiel in the semi should they progress.
hurl like f**k boi!

btdtgtt

Quote from: Dunloy realist on January 15, 2015, 08:51:10 AM
from further noseying of Mondays meeting it was indeed what people had though why it was seeded. the county didn't want a scenario like last year happening again where all the 'top' teams ended up in one side of the draw leaving too many poorly attended games. yes they made money at the bigger games like Cdall v lgiel, dunloy v ballycastle and the  dunloy v cushendall semi final but the other games were not as well attended.

its a bit of a poor reason to seed it but thats what we voted for. interestingly ballycastle didn't vote for it even tho they would be seeded. we did vote for it tho they didnt care if it passed or not and were happy either way.

another point is that it wont be necessarily 1v4 and 2v3 for the semi finals if all the top seeds get through the quarter finals. those are going to be drawn out as well. so you could have dunloy v loughgiel or cushendall v loughgiel in the semi should they progress.

I just think that if they are going to bite the bullet and seed teams - then it's easiest to rank them 1,2,3 &4 from the previous year's league.
Adds the bonus of giving the league some impetus.

hurlingstick

Fair play to Ballycastle for taking a stance - good sporting ethics.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: btdtgtt on January 15, 2015, 09:13:29 AM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on January 15, 2015, 08:51:10 AM

I just think that if they are going to bite the bullet and seed teams - then it's easiest to rank them 1,2,3 &4 from the previous year's league.
Adds the bonus of giving the league some impetus.

that will happen for next season. the positions in the league this year will determine who will be seeded. so it should in theory make the league more competitive this year.

thats assuming its not changed again lol
hurl like f**k boi!

Gizzy15

Lámh Dhearg in Junior Hurling Championship I must say im not amused >:(. it was no more than two years ago they were putting proposals in to county to stay in Div2 and avoid relegation. now a self imposed relegation into the Junior Hurling Championship. Must be desperate for a worthwhile presentation night. I Really Really hope they don't win it and are exiled there for the foreseeable future.

Na Glinntí Glasa

would glenravel not have moved up to the intermediate after winning junior and reaching the ulster final?
hurl like f**k boi!