Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hurlingstick

The team is named on the county website. A few of our stronger players on the bench. Not sure why N. McCauley is named at full back. Great to have Eddie Mccloskey back. We're still a bit short of real quality in too many positions

Sham Man

Quote from: Gaabellting on January 10, 2015, 09:55:22 AM
Any idea of team that will line out against DIT in first outing of the year for the hurlers? Will Kevin Ryan have a look at a lot of the newer lads. Looks a good opportunity to start year off with a win at home and final of this competition being played in croke park this year so it's a nice reward for players in what is a Mickey Mouse competition
No matter what way you look at it, its competition and very much what we need, each team still has to beat what is in front of them. Why would any team not like to win games and progress to a Final in Croker.  Jaysus sake, we have not been there in >25 years.  Any tournament or competition that gets us more games is most welcome, and good that Leinster Council so fit to include ourselves and Galway in it.  Ffs, get real man!  :o :-[
Shamrocks are winners!

btdtgtt

Great to see McCloskey back - forwards like that are a rare breed.

25 years tho?
We beat dublin in HQ some years ago?
Albeit not a knockout game.

I see the Rossa intermediate game is fixed for mullingar - will make the trip to that.
No senior semi this year - I hope JC is supporting the ports however!

imtommygunn

Sure we won the christy ring in the noughties there too ;)

johnneycool

Quote from: btdtgtt on January 10, 2015, 09:29:00 PM

25 years tho?

I see the Rossa intermediate game is fixed for mullingar - will make the trip to that.

Off course I'll be hoping they do well, why wouldn't I? I've had my day in the sun, time they had a go at it, especially when their assistant coach is a former team mate and two of their main players da's were Ballygalget men whom I'd the pleasure of playing along side, albeit very young.

btdtgtt

Quote from: johnneycool on January 10, 2015, 10:13:01 PM

25 years tho?

Off course I'll be hoping they do well, why wouldn't I? I've had my day in the sun, time they had a go at it, especially when their assistant coach is a former team mate and two of their main players da's were Ballygalget men whom I'd the pleasure of playing along side, albeit very young.

That sounds like "yes......... But......." ;)
How does the ballygalget connection go down with the locals on each side?

Sham Man

25 years tho?

btdtgtt- I was referring to Antrim getting to an All Ireland Final - >25 yrs. Totally agree about Eddie, a rare talent there's no doubt.  Hopefully Eddie, Shorty and PJ will peg on a good tally of scores.

What's the story about "no senior semi final" - please elaborate?
Shamrocks are winners!

bannside

Rem Christy Ring 2006

btdtgtt

Quote from: Sham Man on January 11, 2015, 12:12:43 PM

25 years tho?

btdtgtt- I was referring to Antrim getting to an All Ireland Final - >25 yrs. Totally agree about Eddie, a rare talent there's no doubt.  Hopefully Eddie, Shorty and PJ will peg on a good tally of scores.

What's the story about "no senior semi final" - please elaborate?

In antrim we can't be fussy about why we're at croke park sham!

I've always felt the attention put on Watson sometimes took away from McCloskey - he's a class act.

Semi-final? I just mean no club senior semi to watch this year with portaferry coming out of Ulster.
Anyone hear how rossa getting on in preparations?  I know they have played the local Uni's.

Antrim should runaway with 2nd half here at St pauls. If it's pre-season or the weather there is no difficulty catering for the "crowd".

Seamroga in exile

Antrim won 1-22 to 2-12.   8)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Sham Man

Jonhston, McManus, Shorty and Eddie put in a good shift today.  McCrory and Clyde also showed well.  Hamill at top of the left was poor, but he is still young and a bit of filling out to do.  All in all, not a bad show for January, the pitch was in great shape, fair dues to St. Pauls.  A game of two halves really with the very strong breeze. McConnell made a great save all the same in the dying minutes. If that had of gone in, could have been a lot tighter finish.  Fair fcuks to the boyz, dug in and grinded out a result.  You cant ask for much more really.  :D

Interestingly, both penalties one on one were saved - (First half and 2nd half).  A bit ominous, when no gaols scored from penalties, still makes a good case for slapping it over the bar?  :-\

One on one , and striker having to hit it outside the 20, gives any keeper worth his salt, good odds in my book.  ???
Shamrocks are winners!

johnneycool

Quote from: btdtgtt on January 10, 2015, 10:53:53 PM

25 years tho?

From my perspective I couldn't give a shit, Big BA has always played for the ports even if his Da played for us, cougie played for us up until minor and then fell out over a knee injury he got playing soccer and we refused to stump up for it. Shit happens and best of luck to both of them in February.

I played on the edge (and beyond) and been on the receiving end as well but don't go on and carry that shit on, lifes too short, so get on with it.

Milltown Row2

Well said JC. Ports deserve their day in the sun... Better team won on the day
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Na Glinntí Glasa

never got to the game on sunday which was a pity as it looked a decent game by the reports. good to see Eddie back in the team again. thats def an impressive half forward line we named in Neil, eddie and shorty. they are prob the best 3 forwards in antrim at the moment and im looking forward to seeing how the 3 operate together.

Dublin in the next game is it?
hurl like f**k boi!

btdtgtt

Quote from: johnneycool on January 11, 2015, 10:14:59 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on January 10, 2015, 10:53:53 PM

25 years tho?

From my perspective I couldn't give a shit, Big BA has always played for the ports even if his Da played for us, cougie played for us up until minor and then fell out over a knee injury he got playing soccer and we refused to stump up for it. Shit happens and best of luck to both of them in February.

I played on the edge (and beyond) and been on the receiving end as well but don't go on and carry that shit on, lifes too short, so get on with it.

I wasn't aware that Cougie had played for Ballygalget at all!

I assume Ballygalget & Ballycran are separate parishes and Portaferry seen as a "townie" team?
How do the Ards clubs get on in general?
Healthy rivalry - or toxic? Maybe it depends on the individual people?

I think Portfarry's win also shows what championship is about - I would have put Ballycran as the strongest Down team in recent years and yet it's Portaferry who not only win Down but Ulser!

I'm sure they will bring a big support from the Ards but I can't see them getting as close as 'Galget id with newtownshandrum - although Kilmallock dont seem to have that pedigree.