Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Na Glinntí Glasa

i think its the only ground thats actually open for business. would it not of been better at the Dub?
hurl like f**k boi!

Gizzy15

Quote from: Bonamargy on January 05, 2015, 12:39:26 PM
I presume the DIT game has been changed to St Paul's because our Tarmac work isn't completed yet. The county can't be expecting a big crowd. There was almost 2000 at the McKenna Cup game V St Marys, St Paul's couldn't have coped with that surely? Where are spectators meant to park? St Paul's car park holds about 20 cars maximum. Only one side of the pitch available to spectators as well.

if there was almost 2000 people yesterday at Creegan I will eat my hat, 250 people max and that's from someone who seen the second half. unless 1750 people walked out past me at half time I would say 250/300 max. but I do agree st pauls is a terrible venue for County games esp national league games. it may well be able to cope with the vast flux of people going to the DIT game but that would be about it. the wee man must be taking over already in prep for the big job next year.

Na Glinntí Glasa

st pauls have gotten a national league game this year have they not? is it football or hurling?

i know ballycastle will have a double header for the football and hurling on one of the weekends
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Gizzy15 on January 05, 2015, 02:37:08 PM
I presume the DIT game has been changed to St Paul's because our Tarmac work isn't completed yet. The county can't be expecting a big crowd. There was almost 2000 at the McKenna Cup game V St Marys, St Paul's couldn't have coped with that surely? Where are spectators meant to park? St Paul's car park holds about 20 cars maximum. Only one side of the pitch available to spectators as well.

if there was almost 2000 people yesterday at Creegan I will eat my hat, 250 people max and that's from someone who seen the second half. unless 1750 people walked out past me at half time I would say 250/300 max. but I do agree st pauls is a terrible venue for County games esp national league games. it may well be able to cope with the vast flux of people going to the DIT game but that would be about it. the wee man must be taking over already in prep for the big job next year.

Whats wrong with using Queens? great venue and facilities
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

Pitch is too short for hurling, no midfield!

brendanbelfast

I'd say there was 400 - 500 there yesterday.

Na Glinntí Glasa

I havent been in creggans pitch since playing there in the minor football and that was in the late 90's! whats it like to watch a match at, i cant rem a thing about the pitch.

is it the same as ahoghill with limited viewing options?
hurl like f**k boi!

btdtgtt

Quote from: Dunloy realist on January 05, 2015, 03:57:54 PM
I havent been in creggans pitch since playing there in the minor football and that was in the late 90's! whats it like to watch a match at, i cant rem a thing about the pitch.

is it the same as ahoghill with limited viewing options?

Creggan certainly a better option that St Paul's - as would Ahoghill.
The new pitch at the Dub is too short for Gaelic football let alone hurling - Fitzgibbon was played to top pitches.

Oh the farce in 2015 of a county scampering around for a pitch to play on!
And we all know why!

Bonamargy

My apologies I had the 2000 figure in my head from a reply given to a question on the county guestbook. Quote copied below:

Name : big g30 December 2014
whats the capacity for st pauls ground for county games? great to see the football team back in belfast.

St Paul's have been able to cater up to around 2000 people at their Ulster Minor Final.

Gizzy15

Quote from: Bonamargy on January 05, 2015, 09:23:08 PM

My apologies I had the 2000 figure in my head from a reply given to a question on the county guestbook. Quote copied below:

Name : big g30 December 2014
whats the capacity for st pauls ground for county games? great to see the football team back in belfast.

St Paul's have been able to cater up to around 2000 people at their Ulster Minor Final.

All is forgiven lol. I was wondering where you got 2000 from.

Na Glinntí Glasa

seen the pics there on the antrim gaa page of the work. looks a good job, was badly needed at that corner of the grounds.
hurl like f**k boi!

north_antrim_hound

http://www.stpaulsgac.com
God help any one from dublin looking direction via at pauls website check this out
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Na Glinntí Glasa

thats just west belfast talk, us country yokes cant understand them! lol

their twitter page is more up to date tho
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Don't bother coming  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 06, 2015, 11:03:56 PM
Don't bother coming  ;)

no aul odd chat will put me off  ;D

im heading up on sunday to watch this match, any idea as to what sort of team were likely to see? i assume KR will try alot of new people out
hurl like f**k boi!