Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

getevennotcross

Quote from: Sleeping giant on December 15, 2014, 10:36:40 PM
Not like generals or shinners, just never thought there was any need for it in Antrim.
Thats all very well for a North Antrim man. I say that with all dye respect if course, but born, bred and living in the west qualifies me for a differing perspective on things. Sure its all political no matter what way you skew it.

You see my politics are simple, i.e. Integrity, credibility, social conscience and decency. Throw in a degree of reliability, high moral fabric and volunteering for no monetary or political gain, thats me! I dont know of too many political parties with such ideals or principles, hence I dont vote for them.

Ironically though, whose to blame, surely not those in positions of power and control (CB & Shinners) but those who who elect them and give them a mandate!

None so blind as those who cannot see! Come and live here to witness it. Be thankful ur from North Antrim. Keep ur enemies close and ur supposed friends even closer, it wont be the enemies who let you down.

Sleeping giant

Think your maybe on the wrong thread
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

NAG1

SG dont even entertain him by replying.

Na Glinntí Glasa

whats the chances of this being settled today?

do we get used to county matches in ballycastle, loughgiel, dunloy etc?
hurl like f**k boi!

btdtgtt

Quote from: Dunloy realist on December 16, 2014, 10:01:45 AM
whats the chances of this being settled today?

do we get used to county matches in ballycastle, loughgiel, dunloy etc?

Interesting who's involved in these discussions - Shows those who have the vested interests, and those capable!

getevennotcross

Quote from: NAG1 on December 16, 2014, 09:33:18 AM
Bloody marvellous!  You must be a Dunloy Shinner me thinks, now there's democracy for ya, freedom of expression and all that - 'Ourselves alone and nobody else', an appropriate mantra for the Shinners - why share the pie, when we can have it all ourselves.  DR - why don't you GET REAL? Your accordion maybe needs tuning  ;DJohnny Ping lives on.

Sleeping giant

Can any hurling man say that Antrim need that stadium? Am not looking hundreds of thousands spent on them. But spend a few quid on the stadium that was there and spend a few quid on trying to develope ourselves into a position that Antrim hurling should be in. I see limerick has a good man in now as director of youth.  Something like this if it was the right man, would be money better spent. 
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: getevennotcross on December 16, 2014, 12:44:59 PM
Bloody marvellous!  You must be a Dunloy Shinner me thinks, now there's democracy for ya, freedom of expression and all that - 'Ourselves alone and nobody else', an appropriate mantra for the Shinners - why share the pie, when we can have it all ourselves.  DR - why don't you GET REAL? Your accordion maybe needs tuning  ;DJohnny Ping lives on.

i honestly have no idea what your on about with these posts. :-\
hurl like f**k boi!

theskull1

Quote from: Sleeping giant on December 16, 2014, 12:57:35 PM
Can any hurling man say that Antrim need that stadium? Am not looking hundreds of thousands spent on them. But spend a few quid on the stadium that was there and spend a few quid on trying to develope ourselves into a position that Antrim hurling should be in. I see limerick has a good man in now as director of youth.  Something like this if it was the right man, would be money better spent.

I've heard the southerners say we're great at spending our money on bricks and mortar
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

getevennotcross

Quote from: Dunloy realist on December 16, 2014, 01:01:55 PM
Quote from: getevennotcross on December 16, 2014, 12:44:59 PM

i honestly have no idea what your on about with these posts. :-\
Sincere and humblest apologies DR, my response was directed at NAG1, a Dun Laithai man all the same!

theskull1

You are aware that you make little sense alot (not all) of the time?

NAG is not a Dunloadian BTW
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

getevennotcross

Quote from: theskull1 on December 16, 2014, 04:39:55 PM
You are aware that you make little sense alot (not all) of the time?

NAG is not a Dunloadian BTW
I'll reserve my judgement on your suggested good counsel Skull.  Not that I have anything personal against most Dunloy men/people.  Fine upstanding people as with the majority of North Antrim Gaels.  I have lived in the city too long possibly  ::).

Na Glinntí Glasa

So any more word on this farce. according to papers the 3 groups haven't sat down to talk yet. has anyone heard anything to the contrary?
hurl like f**k boi!

the waffler

Id say there will be a lot o houses and apartments and a move to the maze or somewhere else

Na Glinntí Glasa

i was thinking the same myself.

if it fails sell casement off and let them build houses/commercial properties etc. find a greenfield site and build it there. the residents get no compensation package at all.

i dont understand how they are entitled to any money in the first place. ravenhill went up without a mute and it situated in an area where property is at a mental high and Windsor has went up without a mute either.
hurl like f**k boi!