Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Raven

What happen the game was it finished or is it to be replayed

btdtgtt

Quote from: theskull1 on November 27, 2014, 01:19:47 AM
Guys I think just a bit of balance needs to be found here. Isnt the benefit of hindsight great.

a) In 99% of occasions the referee playing on keeps the game moving. He must have thought he just needed to recover from a winding (and in 99.9% of the time he'd be right)  and didnt think it worthwhile to stop the game. That works for me in all the occasions I have seen it used. Although I can't for the life of me understand him being down for 4 mins and the game going on without the referee stopping the game or rossa mentors going over to him. Doesn't make sense.

b) Lambasting the lack of medical assistance at this game whilst ignoring the fact that the vast majority of games are played in similar circumstances isn't a very considered opinion IMO. No one can fore see a sporting injury, so whats your solution that will give all players at all age groups and all leagues proper medical expertise at their game?

+1

ManInBlackandGreen

He started it first, sneil man pulled and got ball and shoulder at sane time, no free, ref did not stop anyone from coming into the field nor instruct to stop them, he actually waved to get someone on, he was attended to for less 1 min, no rossa medics, lad walked on his own to.changing room, collie or any rossa mentors never told or showed who was down ref just got abuse from him,to ref was blocked to see how kid was by verbal abuse, ref did not see man down in car park. Linesman told him while trying to pull collie away from ref. Ref was not allowed to find anything out due to the foul and abusive language being spat into his face. The kid injured himself in the second tackle not the first. 2nd tackle was a shoulder to the chest late by about 4 days and he then was bent over and ref was seen pointing to the line to sort but they didn't. No rule to stop game for an injury outside the field of play. kids were laughing as they were being pulled off by collie

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on November 27, 2014, 01:42:04 PM
He started it first, sneil man pulled and got ball and shoulder at sane time, no free, ref did not stop anyone from coming into the field nor instruct to stop them, he actually waved to get someone on, he was attended to for less 1 min, no rossa medics, lad walked on his own to.changing room, collie or any rossa mentors never told or showed who was down ref just got abuse from him,to ref was blocked to see how kid was by verbal abuse, ref did not see man down in car park. Linesman told him while trying to pull collie away from ref. Ref was not allowed to find anything out due to the foul and abusive language being spat into his face. The kid injured himself in the second tackle not the first. 2nd tackle was a shoulder to the chest late by about 4 days and he then was bent over and ref was seen pointing to the line to sort but they didn't. No rule to stop game for an injury outside the field of play. kids were laughing as they were being pulled off by collie

and the ref still did nothing?!

Gizzy15

Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on November 27, 2014, 01:42:04 PM

No rule maybe, but the welfare of the child must come first as outlined by the GAA in their child protection policy for children and young adults. with the way your describing the barriers which PREVENTED the Ref intervening anyone would think you were the Ref or at least able to read his mind.

Im also wondering how you can be blocked to see how the kid was by verbal abuse? I do understand how some mentors can be over the top but if the Ref really wanted to find out how the lad was surely this verbal abuse could not have stopped him.

theskull1

Quote from: Gizzy15 on November 27, 2014, 02:01:02 PM
No rule maybe, but the welfare of the child must come first as outlined by the GAA in their child protection policy for children and young adults. with the way your describing the barriers which PREVENTED the Ref intervening anyone would think you were the Ref or at least able to read his mind.

Im also wondering how you can be blocked to see how the kid was by verbal abuse? I do understand how some mentors can be over the top but if the Ref really wanted to find out how the lad was surely this verbal abuse could not have stopped him.

So you're totally content with the way the Rossa mentors/first aiders/sideline put the welfare of the young lad first? I don't understand why the referee is being hung out. Can't help but think he's the easy target for people who've their heads in the sand. Sounds to me that the Rossa sideline need to look in the mirror as well if lessons are to be learn't or have they really nothing to be ashamed of in terms of their behavior during the whole incident?

Some very one sided suit your own perspectives being posted here.

CAVEAT: I wasn't there so I'm only picking up on whats being reported here
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

The Raven

Quote from: theskull1 on November 27, 2014, 03:34:55 PM

So you're totally content with the way the Rossa mentors/first aiders/sideline put the welfare of the young lad first? I don't understand why the referee is being hung out. Can't help but think he's the easy target for people who've their heads in the sand. Sounds to me that the Rossa sideline need to look in the mirror as well if lessons are to be learn't or have they really nothing to be ashamed of in terms of their behavior during the whole incident?

What was the outcome of the game

btdtgtt

Sounds like MIBAG & OE are one in the same!

Is it not very simple?

BOTH the referee AND the rossa sideline have questions/issues to answer for here?

Trying to blame each and the other - does not absolve either!

Sham Man

Fur fux sake lads, ye just cant be blaming the referee (OE) in such circumstances ::).  A fine, upstanding and loyal servant such as OE, certainly did not deserve such a barrage of abuse.   Firstly, is he a qualified, trained and experienced clinician and in a position to make a call on a serious internal injury, I think not!  Surely the team mentors and medical staff were better placed to assess the extent of the injury to the poor lad.  The saving grace here, the lad is on the mend and thankfully.

CM certainly deserves a bollicking for his antics with the Ref, the Ref did not deserve such a tirade of abuse regardless of the circumstances.

Just to deflect a tad, I see the bald headed learned one from the Dall is casting on us all, his opinion and wisdom on all things related to Kilkenny hurling retirements, really does beggar belief! I think I should just stick to the Ballymena dailys.
Shamrocks are winners!

Lecale2

Really good that the young lad apparently is on the mend. Hope he gets well soon. I wasn't at the match but I think Skull talks a lot on sense.

ManInBlackandGreen

Quote from: btdtgtt on November 27, 2014, 06:38:27 PM

Is it not very simple?

BOTH the referee AND the rossa sideline have questions/issues to answer for here?

What has the Referee to answer for?  You jump on here with a story from a man who knew a man who knew a man etc etc, tell us? As Skull says its always the Ref that's the easy target. Being at the game and hearing the constant verbal attack at me oops sorry Owen Elliott from the very first ball, one thing was obvious Collie doesn't like Owen Elliott, the abuse and language was completely unacceptable in any arena. Young Shannon was unfortunate and thank god he is on the mend. So again what has Owen Elliott got to answer for?

Gizzy15

I don't think I blamed the ref once during my post, but rather questioned MIBAG on his statement that the ref was prevented at all turns from dealing with the matter. And my mention of child welfare being the main priority concerns all adults involved coaches, mentors, parents and officials inc the ref, I didn't say it was the refs job, it's for all adults to prioritise.

The last statement was.more around the walking off the pitch from Rossa. As I think things should be put into perspective when incidents such as this take place. It was mentioned that the ref awarded the game to slaughneil when rossa didn't return to the field. Which while I feel it was unfair, I also feel Rossa did the right thing while something so serious was developing concerning one of their players off the field.

takeyourpoint

Quote from: Gizzy15 on November 28, 2014, 07:54:31 AM

I don't think I blamed the ref once during my post, but rather questioned MIBAG on his statement that the ref was prevented at all turns from dealing with the matter. And my mention of child welfare being the main priority concerns all adults involved coaches, mentors, parents and officials inc the ref, I didn't say it was the refs job, it's for all adults to prioritise.

The last statement was.more around the walking off the pitch from Rossa. As I think things should be put into perspective when incidents such as this take place. It was mentioned that the ref awarded the game to slaughneil when rossa didn't return to the field. Which while I feel it was unfair, I also feel Rossa did the right thing while something so serious was developing concerning one of their players off the field.

The Referee in this case wouldn't have the power to award the game to anyone. It is organised by Ballinascreen and sanctioned by Ulster Council. They would decide Rossa's fate not the Referee.

concernedgaa

I see it is not only on this topic that MIBAG is airing his non truths and volunteering other peoples' names i.e. Owen Elliott and Collie and Shannon from Rossa, whilst he remains under his pseudo name.  Not very mature or professional.  One would think that the MIBAG may well be a Referee who HASS a gripe.  ONE DOES PROTEST A LITTLE TOO MUCH  obviously this is all IN MY OPINION which is what this forum is all about  (isn't it) ?

btdtgtt

Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on November 28, 2014, 06:30:09 AM
Quote from: btdtgtt on November 27, 2014, 06:38:27 PM

Is it not very simple?

What has the Referee to answer for?  You jump on here with a story from a man who knew a man who knew a man etc etc, tell us? As Skull says its always the Ref that's the easy target. Being at the game and hearing the constant verbal attack at me oops sorry Owen Elliott from the very first ball, one thing was obvious Collie doesn't like Owen Elliott, the abuse and language was completely unacceptable in any arena. Young Shannon was unfortunate and thank god he is on the mend. So again what has Owen Elliott got to answer for?

He should have allowed the medics on to look at the players quicker than he did.
The fact that the behaviour of the Rossa sideline is no better - does not negate the fact that OE refused them access to an injured player.
Persoanlly I feel that if Rossa refused to take the field - depsite the referree not offically ending the game - then they should forfeit the match.
If the Rossa sideline behaved in an unacceptable manne then they should be sanctioned.
But none of this changes the fact that the ref refused to allow attention on to an injured players for too long. The fact he didnt know the extent of the injury is irrelevant.
We're all human - and the ref made a mistake here. It was a wrong judgement call.
The fact that the Rossa sideleine seem to have behaved badly - doesnt change that.
So yes - OE did make a mistake.
Unbelievable, Shock, horror, dismay - a ref made a mistake. The real news will be if a ref ever admits one.