Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sleeping giant

Young Elliot from dunloy also.i think a year with the county could bring him on again. For the speed and stick work he has.hasnt been clinical enough for me.had chances against cdall and blared them wide
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

hurlingstick

Yes SG, can accept that point on dropping ball. Another player I like is the Ballycastle full back. If I'm not mistaken his bake is Douthard. Maybe Bonamargy can shed some light on this?

Bonamargy

I am guessing you mean James McShane, nickname Dooher?? Yes he has improved a lot this last couple of seasons. First cousin of Cormac Hippy Donnelly. His mum is Hippy Seniors sister

hurlingstick

Quote from: Bonamargy on November 13, 2014, 08:41:12 PM
I am guessing you mean James McShane, nickname Dooher?? Yes he has improved a lot this last couple of seasons. First cousin of Cormac Hippy Donnelly. His mum is Hippy Seniors sister

Yes Bonamargy, that's the boy I was talking about. I have been well impressed by him this past season. Thanks

paddyjohn

Chrissy
Martin Burke Neal McAuley Aaron Graffin
Paddy McNaughton Tony McCloskey Jackson McGreevey
        McManus & Shorty
Saul McCaughan Eddie McCloskey Conor Carson
Ciaran Clarke Sean McAfee Daniel McKernan

btdtgtt

Quote from: mickey80 on November 13, 2014, 10:35:59 PM
Agree with most of your selections.  But definitely a few Belfast men in there that I think could line out and play at inter-county level or at least add something to the squad after seeing them this year and over the last few.  Some have played at Inter-County level, others have in a limited way.

Rossa - Shannon, McGuinness, McClelland
St Johns - McCrory, McFall, Johnstons
Galls - McGreevy
Sarsfields - McKernan, McKenna
Gorts - McClean

Can't think of anyone from LD, St Pauls or any other Belfast clubs but would be open to criticism on that one. 
Anytime Antrim has been successful (pound for pound, there have been Belfast men in it)  ;D

Indeed.

NAG1

Quote from: btdtgtt on November 14, 2014, 09:01:59 AM
Agree with most of your selections.  But definitely a few Belfast men in there that I think could line out and play at inter-county level or at least add something to the squad after seeing them this year and over the last few.  Some have played at Inter-County level, others have in a limited way.

Galls - McGreevy
Gorts - McClean

Can't think of anyone from LD, St Pauls or any other Belfast clubs but would be open to criticism on that one. 
Anytime Antrim has been successful (pound for pound, there have been Belfast men in it)  ;D

Indeed.

Not with that selection though  ???

btdtgtt

Quote from: NAG1 on November 14, 2014, 09:15:25 AM
Quote from: btdtgtt on November 14, 2014, 09:01:59 AM

Galls - McGreevy
Gorts - McClean

Indeed.

Not with that selection though  ???

I can't argue with that either!

Genuinely not winding up here - but would it be fair to say that the Belfast players have been less guilty of bringing club issues to the county set-up? Greater buy-in?
Perhaps a result of not having significant grievances due to championships being generally dcided between the Glensmen - however when Rossa were competitive I dont recall any issues and similarly I dont recall The Johnnies lads being antagonistic with them.
Just a thought, not a slant on anyone!

hurlingstick

City boys live among one another. For small places like Loughiel, Dunloy, Cushendall and Ballycastle they are isolated and I can understand the issues that arise. Different way of life. There lies the challenge.

btdtgtt

Quote from: hurlingstick on November 14, 2014, 09:59:55 AM
City boys live among one another. For small places like Loughiel, Dunloy, Cushendall and Ballycastle they are isolated and I can understand the issues that arise. Different way of life. There lies the challenge.

True. But when it comes to the County set-up the city boys get along with those they live with and play against in the city - and also those they don't live with in the country?
I understand your point - but I still ask the question therefore - do the City players generally buy into the county set-up more than Glens players?
Again, before someone takes offence, I'm not trying to get at anyone!

hurlingstick

Lol some people on here are very easily offended.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on November 14, 2014, 10:06:42 AM

True. But when it comes to the County set-up the city boys get along with those they live with and play against in the city - and also those they don't live with in the country?
I understand your point - but I still ask the question therefore - do the City players generally buy into the county set-up more than Glens players?

City boys just get blocked ffs!! To me the best committed players are the SW (mainly football) lads and I don't know why but fair fecks to them
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 14, 2014, 01:50:42 PM

City boys just get blocked ffs!! To me the best committed players are the SW (mainly football) lads and I don't know why but fair fecks to them

Terrible generalisation MR2!
Does that include the St Galls lads?
Glens lads have had their fair share of rogues!

Aye ok, there's evidence to support it then! ;D
Even blocked the City lads are just so friendly ;D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on November 14, 2014, 02:49:37 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 14, 2014, 01:50:42 PM

Terrible generalisation MR2!
Does that include the St Galls lads?
Glens lads have had their fair share of rogues!

Aye ok, there's evidence to support it then! ;D
Even blocked the City lads are just so friendly ;D

Stand outside Thompsons any night of the week.....
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

----- and u might see a few North antrim boys spill out too!

Wouldn't deny the tendency for the coy lads to have the demon drink & I've commented on that before here!
But the glens lads have pubs too!
Sure aren't they even using ours!

Anyway - totally different point to the one I made.
I just asked if city men are quicker (and have been i the past) to put club rivalry aside in the county set up.

I'll leave it before I offend someone!