Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: getevennotcross on November 11, 2014, 09:05:39 PM
Quote from: blueblood on November 11, 2014, 05:16:56 PM
Geteven I see one of your fav refs if your to believe your posts has called it a day in the Antrim Post today, to be fair its not a bad read whatever opinions you have of the individual, deals with an issue that is getting worse not better if truth be told.It must have been that big cheque for the Derry Final Lol
Nope, not me. To put things in perspective, I for one dont have a fav referee. To be perfectly honest, never had any great love for them, opportunists, egotists and shiesters, well the majority of them anyway. The only decent ones I recall, Billy Reid, Gough and Tommy Mc a something from up the country. Good, decent, genuine and principled individuals.

In addition, I dont subscribe to the local toe rags, CAP, AN, IN etc. I'more of an Irish Times man and Examiner myself. I'll have to take your word for it that its not a bad read, but maybe, you would know about such a subject matter, more so than I?  Bottom line for me, I dont give one jot. I suspect that may be where all refs differ?

You must be some craic on a night out. Proper dark cloud
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

blueblood

Geteven I have to concur with MR2, I sense a different tune on that old fiddle of yours?

TheGeneral

There hasn't been a decent hurler out of Antrim or Ulster since the 90's, Although I'll not argue with the fact any county in Ireland would have Winker, Dublin more so. They must try stretch their budget that little bit further this year if they wish to lure an Antrim legend from the rolling hills of Loughgiel.
Goals win championships

Seamroga in exile

"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

NAG1

Quote from: tam moore 84.. on November 11, 2014, 07:56:30 PM
Its great that we as a county have so many great hurlers to chose from that we can leave the best hurler antrim or indeed ulster has ever seen out.  A man that set a record on all-ireland club hurling day final in croker scoring 3 - 7 and on all ire-land semi final day scored 16 points.  A man that any other county would only be too delighted to have.  All this 'oh were better off with out him'.  What garbage.

That sort of reminded me when I read it of Eoin Kelly Waterford, eventually they got tired of the BS too and he was deemed surplus to requirements and he was a serious talent too. So he is not alone and Antrim are not alone in their approach.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: NAG1 on November 12, 2014, 11:59:59 AM
Quote from: tam moore 84.. on November 11, 2014, 07:56:30 PM
Its great that we as a county have so many great hurlers to chose from that we can leave the best hurler antrim or indeed ulster has ever seen out.  A man that set a record on all-ireland club hurling day final in croker scoring 3 - 7 and on all ire-land semi final day scored 16 points.  A man that any other county would only be too delighted to have.  All this 'oh were better off with out him'.  What garbage.

That sort of reminded me when I read it of Eoin Kelly Waterford, eventually they got tired of the BS too and he was deemed surplus to requirements and he was a serious talent too. So he is not alone and Antrim are not alone in their approach.

Some players regardless of the their talent cause more discord and acrimony within a team than there worth
Eoin Kelly is a good example of Ger o Grady from tipp
I doubt if the county discussion fourums down there have posters blaming all the managers for the duration of the said players careers
What the LG posters who fights his corner they have to realise is we acknowledge his worth as a player but just don't want him
"You can buy gold to expensive"
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Seamroga in exile

And some players have more influence on the management than others. Why is that acceptable? In fact, is it acceptable for any current player on the Antrim panel to have any influence on the management?

NAG1

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on November 12, 2014, 02:07:32 PM
And some players have more influence on the management than others. Why is that acceptable?

Maybe because the commit to the cause, the managers respects them and values their opinion. I dont know a manager around that doesnt have a couple of go to players that can gauge ideas and theories off.

Think you are reading way too far into that, but I guess that ship has sailed since you have been on about it since this time last year  ;)

Seamroga in exile

The ship sailed long ago. We all know that. But it was much more than one person's attitude that was at fault for it. The whole thing was a shambles. All we can hope for is that lessons have been learned all around.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on November 12, 2014, 02:07:32 PM
And some players have more influence on the management than others. Why is that acceptable? In fact, is it acceptable for any current player on the Antrim panel to have any influence on the management?

I think I know the player your talking about, was it the one that helped him with the U/21 squad when no one else would on top of his senior duties. Was it the one that a few months ago told the irish news he  was glad the LG players where back
Is it the player that never lambast other clubs or managers or his county via social media
Is it the player one of the more experienced members of the county squad and the manager values his input (see henry shefflin and brian Cody) because of this
I spare me the nobody will pass LG players the ball gaff to
Didn't see young mc Fadden being ignored in a game
Catch a grip, the sort of sniping has any evidence to back it up.
Could you tell us what county panelist you do respect and why compared to this player

Seamroga in exile

And fair play to him for that. No question. Back in 2012 however, There were incidents in County training and one match in casement where the ball wasn't being passed to the loughgiel players. It was that which started the whole thing. From what I gather people have been talking  and getting issues sorted out. Fair play to all for that. It seems more optimistic than has been for quite some time.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on November 12, 2014, 02:49:26 PM
And fair play to him for that. No question. Back in 2012 however, There were incidents in County training and one match in casement where the ball wasn't being passed to the loughgiel players. It was that which started the whole thing. From what I gather people have been talking  and getting issues sorted out. Fair play to all for that. It seems more optimistic than has been for quite some time.

Well if there is dialogue and an attempt at resolving things then why bring it up
As for selective passing I have been to most games and never noticed it but I could offer up a theory
If there is one criticism of the player in question it's he is a bit greedy sometimes meaning there have been instances where a lay off was the better option and he didn't, but it wasn't resticted to players of a certain club. His form has dipped of late but two years ago he was Antrims stand out player and was lined out at any position we where in trouble
Maybe what your saying is accurate but I never seen it

Seamroga in exile

On another note, it's good to see PJ back at the helm in loughgiel. Also a few familiar faces back from overseas and closer to home rejoining the squad. Should be an interesting club scene next year.

btdtgtt

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on November 12, 2014, 03:22:21 PM
On another note, it's good to see PJ back at the helm in loughgiel. Also a few familiar faces back from overseas and closer to home rejoining the squad. Should be an interesting club scene next year.

It's more interesting than Antrim's inter-county scene again anyway!

getevennotcross

The self righteous would have you all believe they are fulcrum of their respective clubs and county.  This is one poster who us not to be conned by such devious and self serving imposters.  Nothing to offer other than self gratification and what the can make out it, despite the casualties along the way. Decency, loyalty and bravery not among their finer qualities, the complete opposite in fact. Like twisted Shinners, they play to the gallery and talk a good show. But all of no substance, just claptrap and idol threats.