Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesusjones

Utter tripe fella. Complete balls.

Jesusjones

Its been taken on the chin and we are moving on. As I've posted more than once congratulations to Portaferry, the best team won. I just won't let someone spout utter rubbish about one of our players without challenging them.

theskull1

Quote from: MoChara on November 03, 2014, 06:53:06 PM
A concussion is different to being knocked out.

from where I was it looked like he was knocked out, if you believe he wasnt that's fair enough, I'm sure it'll come to light. Never the less my issue was with the action causing it rather than the result of it.

Yes you're right, but to be knocked out (i.e lose consciousness for a few seconds or more) is to be, at the very least, concussed.

The reality is I don't know if he was or not. The way he got up and played on it didn't look like it but its happened before where players who have been weren't spotted as being concussed (but still maintained consciousness) and played on, so what do I know?   ... its getting pedantic now but there you go

JJ I agree in principle that an opponent shouldn't touch any injured player on the ground but I've never seen or heard of anyone getting the line for doing it so I dont see why it should have been the case yesterday
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Sham Man

Quote from: Jesusjones on November 03, 2014, 08:41:33 PM
Its been taken on the chin and we are moving on. As I've posted more than once congratulations to Portaferry, the best team won. I just won't let someone spout utter rubbish about one of our players without challenging them.
Come on JJ, what will them McCooey - chip eaters think of us? Fur Fux to ya man, I like your style.  All good things have a start and an end, despite the end being a bit premature, its all over for 2014. Always next year though, and lets hope the draw is a more favourable one?
Shamrocks are winners!

Jesusjones

We'd like a handier quarter final in 2015 right enough!!

Seamroga in exile

On another note, I see Antrim can resume training on the 15th November. I wonder what plans kevin has in store this season.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Jesusjones

It will be interesting to see how we shape up with a full panel from the start.

Sham Man

Quote from: Jesusjones on November 03, 2014, 08:52:50 PM
We'd like a handier quarter final in 2015 right enough!!
Either way JJ, it still has to be won.  Sure on Graffins predictions, you may win one cup or possibly two next year, but certainly not three, thats along way off yet.  TM Cup will be out of reach for another while I reckon.  ;)  Donnae let that Graffin boi get you lads ahead of yourselves, a major mistake as has been proven.
Shamrocks are winners!

Minder

Guys, guys can we not just all get along and pay tribute to a mighty Portaferry performance ?!
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Sham Man

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on November 03, 2014, 08:56:12 PM
On another note, I see Antrim can resume training on the 15th November. I wonder what plans kevin has in store this season.
Will he (KR) not need to consult with McManus and S. McNaughton firstly?  ;D
Shamrocks are winners!

Sham Man

Quote from: Minder on November 03, 2014, 09:02:20 PM
Guys, guys can we not just all get along and pay tribute to a mighty Portaferry performance ?!
Totally agree, bloody marvelous performance by Portaferry.  Their gutsy endeavours warranted the victory.
Shamrocks are winners!

Sleeping giant

Quote from: mickey80 on November 03, 2014, 08:39:50 PM
Do ye reckon that getevennotcross, sham-man, dearyme and a few others are the same person?
yes.  And he's not from Loughgiel.  Fact!!!
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Sham Man on November 03, 2014, 09:03:08 PM
Sure I wouldn't know about that Ted. 😉

"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Sham Man

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on November 03, 2014, 09:10:56 PM
Quote from: Sham Man on November 03, 2014, 09:03:08 PM
Sure I wouldn't know about that Ted. 😉

Sure lets 'Doogle' it??
Shamrocks are winners!

johnneycool

Ports cutting up rough eh, never thought they had it in them!