Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CentreHalfBack

Quote from: theskull1 on October 22, 2014, 05:52:39 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on October 22, 2014, 04:36:58 PM
Do you not feel since the inception of the full time county secretaries funded by the Ulster Council that organisationally things have got better, slicker, no?

8)

All its brought is more subservience AFAICS.

Pay a man to tell (email) volunteers what they must do!
When does his contract finish? Might alloy, handy wee number.
New season - new reason

getevennotcross

Quote from: CentreHalfBack on October 23, 2014, 06:11:31 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on October 22, 2014, 05:52:39 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on October 22, 2014, 04:36:58 PM
Do you not feel since the inception of the full time county secretaries funded by the Ulster Council that organisationally things have got better, slicker, no?

8)

All its brought is more subservience AFAICS.

Pay a man to tell (email) volunteers what they must do!
When does his contract finish? Might alloy, handy wee number.
are you a Knight, a Shinner or a crackpot????  If no, don't apply  ;D.

btdtgtt

Milltown Row2

So why are the Knights who run other counties, do so well? Are the Antrim Knights just rubbish?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

getevennotcross

Knights or Shinners, Priests etc. (pillars of society who we are supposed to revere) same thing really, all would betray you,  just as easily. 

You could incorporate a few other individuals, known to be members of other clandestine and sinister organisations.  It is rumoured a few referees among them also, but just what I have been told of course, I cannot confirm it's substance.  Possibly rumour, speculation, hearsay, but one never knows, does one?  Worrying all the same.  :-X

blueblood

The Prelature of the Holy Cross or better known as Opus Dei!

Na Glinntí Glasa

so what about Rossa and Cushendalls chances this weekend then?

Rossa will get it tight against coleraine. was impressed with them in their semi final win though they relied on the McGolderick brothers very heavily in the game.

coleraine were unlucky last year in losing to Cloney after extra time so I fancy them to go one further and win this by 2 points.

when will Cushendall kick into life? all throughout the antrim championship they were flat and against Sneill they looked flat. with Sneill winning the football last week it might have eaten into them a bit. Cushendall may have the edge with that. saying that Sneill will be well up for this.

im saying a 1 point win for Cushendall.
hurl like f**k boi!

Last Man

Quote from: Dunloy realist on October 24, 2014, 09:03:24 AM

Rossa will get it tight against coleraine. was impressed with them in their semi final win though they relied on the McGolderick brothers very heavily in the game.

coleraine were unlucky last year in losing to Cloney after extra time so I fancy them to go one further and win this by 2 points.

when will Cushendall kick into life? all throughout the antrim championship they were flat and against Sneill they looked flat. with Sneill winning the football last week it might have eaten into them a bit. Cushendall may have the edge with that. saying that Sneill will be well up for this.

Rossa will win with a bit to spare IMO, Cushendall have another gear in them but will they find it against a team in a very good place mentally. If Sean Delargy is back will certainly help them and I'm sure they've been working on the forward play this past fortnight.  Will Slaughtneil have had enough time to work on their own mistakes? Too tight to call.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Dunloy realist on October 24, 2014, 09:03:24 AM

Eoghan Rua by 4 points and Slaughtneil by 2 points. I think this game might be beyond a young Rossa side. Eoghan Rua are very physical and fit and might be just be too cute for Rossa with Seán Leo pulling the strings

S'neil are full of confidence, it will be tight but will win by 2 points or thereabouts

maxpower

Only going for a Rossa win as I think they have a number of top players in that team.

Cushendall need goals to win games, but they have the poachers to get them.  I think they need to start shane and play him in the withdrawn role, let him interchange with Paddy Magill.  I think Loughgiel pitch will suit them too as it is tighter and easier to bypass the midfield which is an area of strength for S'Neil.

It has to be an advantage having two weeks to recover and prepare, I don't care what crest of a wave S'Neil are coming in on it must take a lot out of the body to keep going as they have (Its not as if any of their recent games have been over with 10 mins to go).

Look at Wexford v Limerick, Wexford had all the momentum and when they started poorly the bodies surrendered!
What happens next????

johnneycool

WTF is this Knight, Opus Dei crap, is it an Antrim thing?

I know a few ex-county chairmen, might have to ask them if there's any truth in it.

imtommygunn

Quote from: johnneycool on October 24, 2014, 01:17:38 PM
WTF is this Knight, Opus Dei crap, is it an Antrim thing?

I know a few ex-county chairmen, might have to ask them if there's any truth in it.

I think it's a west belfast thing johnney...

Hopefully two antrim wins this weekend. Would be surprisd were Rossa to lose. Cushendall will hopefully have enough.

Saffrongael

Is Gavin Bell back for Rossa, having not played all year ?
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Seamroga in exile

Cushendall should win by at least 5 if they're on form. Same goes for rossa.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

btdtgtt

Dall to pull away in later stages as slaughtneil tire from their efforts.

Rossa to win with a few to spare - the return of bell to the squad would be staggering at this stage?

Opus dei has tentacles well beyond west belfast I might add!