Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Last Man

Quote from: Dunloy realist on October 17, 2014, 09:28:49 AM
if the balls there to be played then its fair game, if and mean if you aren't going to hurt someone to do so. if the defender gets out in front and the attacker pulls on it and hits the defender then yes its a foul but in a 50/50 situation the balls there for both players to have a go.
If the defender gets out in front then surely the fwd will be looking to flick the ball to his advantage, as long as he has denied the defender clean possession then he has him rattled. Why horse the timber in to him, concede the foul, free out, chance gone. Maybe i'm being too nice???

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Last Man on October 17, 2014, 10:37:02 AM
if the balls there to be played then its fair game, if and mean if you aren't going to hurt someone to do so. if the defender gets out in front and the attacker pulls on it and hits the defender then yes its a foul but in a 50/50 situation the balls there for both players to have a go.
If the defender gets out in front then surely the fwd will be looking to flick the ball to his advantage, as long as he has denied the defender clean possession then he has him rattled. Why horse the timber in to him, concede the foul, free out, chance gone. Maybe i'm being too nice???

If you were able to catch him Last Man you'd have given him timber  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

CitySlicker11

A Dunloy player had his jaw broken in Casement a few years back by one of these pulls, against Loughgiel.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on October 17, 2014, 01:24:50 PM
A Dunloy player had his jaw broken in Casement a few years back by one of these pulls, against Loughgiel.

And I remember one at Casement when Wilson when playing for Down, was caught on the knee, now that one was done with intent
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gizzy15

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 17, 2014, 01:34:34 PM

And I remember one at Casement when Wilson when playing for Down, was caught on the knee, now that one was done with intent

if its the same Wilson im thinking of (Simon) he gave a right bit of Timber out himself. wasn't slow to pull 0n a 30/70 ball and clean right through ye.

Gizzy15

Was it during an Ulster final?? bout 10 Year ago??  LW??

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Gizzy15 on October 17, 2014, 02:38:32 PM

10 points  ;)

btdtgtt

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 17, 2014, 04:50:10 PM
Quote from: Gizzy15 on October 17, 2014, 02:38:32 PM

10 points  ;)

Poor LW. You guys always have it in for him  ;)

getevennotcross

If the ball is loose and in play, any player has the right to pull on it.  Faking the dipped ball in front of the oncoming defender, a very good ploy.  It's not a dirty action just a clever action.   The defender will think twice about the next incoming ball.  Simple solution, defender gets out in front of his marker or side on.

maxpower

Quote from: getevennotcross on October 17, 2014, 06:10:20 PM
If the ball is loose and in play, any player has the right to pull on it.  Faking the dipped ball in front of the oncoming defender, a very good ploy.  It's not a dirty action just a clever action.   The defender will think twice about the next incoming ball.  Simple solution, defender gets out in front of his marker or side on.

That's just nonsense and incredibly cynical, lure an opponent into a belt!
What happens next????

getevennotcross

Quote from: maxpower on October 17, 2014, 07:17:47 PM
Quote from: getevennotcross on October 17, 2014, 06:10:20 PM

That's just nonsense and incredibly cynical, lure an opponent into a belt!
You are taking things out of context here me thinks, not once have I mentioned belting, striking or injuring someone, have I?  At all times I have made specific reference to striking the ball. :-X  Your sidekick is obviously one of the new boys?

Sleeping giant

i think you'll find it was a Loughgiel man got his jaw broke. 
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

theskull1

Quote from: Sleeping giant on October 18, 2014, 03:21:24 AM
i think you'll find it was a Loughgiel man got his jaw broke.
100%

It was a loughgiel man who 'tried' to break someone's jaw with one of those wild pulls but didn't succeed.   :P
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

getevennotcross

Totally agree, if the ball in loose and two players contesting, its fair game. No cynicism in that, well in my book anyway.

Seamroga in exile

Slaughtneil are Derry football champions. What a year for them. They'll be buzzing for next Sunday.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"