Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Last Man

The reffing was typical of an Ulster hurling final, without mentioning any names i think we have all seen worse. Doesn't really matter now anyway. C'dall could have folded but didnt and with a small bit more composure could have nicked it, but will still be happy enough taking another crack at it.  As a neutral I'd happily head to Owenbeg again, i've never experienced it on a bad day though but couldn't be much worse than B'castle. They could drop the blades on the mower a nick if i was to criticize anything. 

btdtgtt

Quote from: Last Man on October 13, 2014, 10:54:28 AM
The reffing was typical of an Ulster hurling final, without mentioning any names i think we have all seen worse. Doesn't really matter now anyway. C'dall could have folded but didnt and with a small bit more composure could have nicked it, but will still be happy enough taking another crack at it.  As a neutral I'd happily head to Owenbeg again, i've never experienced it on a bad day though but couldn't be much worse than B'castle. They could drop the blades on the mower a nick if i was to criticize anything.

Talking to the Rossa lads this morning and they were not happy with their ref despite winning.
Player down injured but ref refused to stop game and gave hop ball because keeper didnt puck it out with injured lad in front of him.
Also umpires and ref gave a wide but linesman awarded point - the Rossa tinted glasses inisted it was wide and no Keady player complained.
Did Glenravel have bad luck anyone?

Last Man

Replay confirmed for 26th, no venue yet.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Last Man on October 13, 2014, 10:54:28 AM

Hmmm!! I hope you ain't talking about me there lol!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

theskull1

Is your name John Anthony?  ;D
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Milltown Row2

Quote from: theskull1 on October 13, 2014, 11:19:59 PM

had little altercation with Last man on Sat at match. I kidda lost it after he questioned my fitness lol
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

theskull1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 13, 2014, 11:22:20 PM

had little altercation with Last man on Sat at match. I kidda lost it after he questioned my fitness lol

I take you whipped out the garmin stats on a yellow coloured sheet/card?  :)

Last Man

Quote from: theskull1 on October 13, 2014, 11:35:57 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 13, 2014, 11:22:20 PM

I take you whipped out the garmin stats on a yellow coloured sheet/card?  :)
I'd say the satellite thought he was one of the pitch flags, the only thing moving was his head. :-))

theskull1

So he only runs in division 1 and saves himself in the lower leagues?

johnneycool

JA Gribben was a great referee if you play by the rules,  ;)
He may have been a bit tight on the physical stuff, but there was no doubt in anyones mind what way the free was going once he blew that whistle.

His two gun salute (pre red card days) are a thing of legend when showing you to the line.

Strangely, him and I got on well.

btdtgtt

Quote from: johnneycool on October 14, 2014, 09:40:06 AM

JA Gribben was a great referee if you play by the rules,  ;)
He may have been a bit tight on the physical stuff, but there was no doubt in anyones mind what way the free was going once he blew that whistle.

His two gun salute (pre red card days) are a thing of legend when showing you to the line.

Strangely, him and I got on well.

He had the unique ability to leave both sets of teams and supporters completely dumb-founded.
Only matched by a Garrett's ability to leave them both enraged!

Gizzy15

nice to see at least 9 hurling matches on for Sunday at same time as County football final. 16 of the clubs are from Antrim and im sure at least some of the players and supporters from these clubs would have liked to watch the Galls v Cargin game.

There is definitely no rhyme or reason to the way fixtures are put on or the importance shown to a showpiece final in this county. I understand there is a "two different codes" argument to this, but we are the one association with one County board. not a Football board and a Hurling board pushing in different directions but it does feel like that at times. very frustrating.

jdyok

Dual clubs are an inconvenience...
:-\

getevennotcross

Quote from: jdyok on October 14, 2014, 04:58:36 PM
Dual clubs are an inconvenience...
:-\
Dual clubs are not an inconvenience, just an excuse!

Other than this years All Ireland Hurling Final on first Sunday (Sept 14), Sniel v Dall was the 2nd best game I have seen this year, mighty stuff indeed.  Quite happy to take my loss with PP on Slaughtniel by 2.  Owenbeg was in great shape also and apart from referees performance, it was a superb game. Demonstrative of the standard of hurling refereeing in Ulster all the same, extremely poor. (And no I didn't stop off at The Elk for some more stimulating conversation with old Derry mates).  Just stopped off at the Gravediggers instead, a few scoops and then packing my work bag for early start in London on Monday. The joys of an exile plumber, you folk have it easy at home.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: theskull1 on October 14, 2014, 08:18:04 AM
So he only runs in division 1 and saves himself in the lower leagues?

Hey!! I'd done full gym session that morning that included a spin session!! I upped the pace a bit more in the second half ;)

So people are never happy lol. It's funny though that the ones that complain about keeping up with play are standing in the same position as you and see something different!!