Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btdtgtt

Aidan Kelly (St John's)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on September 24, 2014, 11:09:11 PM
Aidan Kelly (St John's)

good man for the job. Well done Aidan
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

hurlingstick

Would be good for hurling to see two good games. Here's hoping!

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

btdtgtt

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 25, 2014, 10:53:44 PM
Aidan Kelly (St John's)

Lets hope so is right - if making a prediction however I would say both games will be over as a context with at least 10mins left on the watch.

DearyMe

Quote from: btdtgtt on September 26, 2014, 11:42:40 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 25, 2014, 10:53:44 PM
Aidan Kelly (St John's)

Lets hope so is right - if making a prediction however I would say both games will be over as a context with at least 10mins left on the watch.

Would have to agree!  If ARMOY can somehow grind at Rossa, they could get close - but i cant see it happening!

If Galls are within 5 at half time, then the changing room will be an interesting one.  However, its about staying within 5 points!  Dall will have learned from a few years ago, that Galls can turn up and play! But they will be ready this time!

I think a few admirers would love to see Galls do the double  ;)

Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking!

maxpower

Cushendall don't run up massive points tallies, 12 points against Loughgiel, 10 points against us and I'd bet not dissimilar scores over the last 4 years in most championship matches.  The point I'm making is they don't blitz teams.

This is perhaps largely due to their defensive solidity, Campbell shores up the half back line well and there forwards are all capable of being out of the game for periods but then chipping in with crucial scores. 

I expect St Galls to drop a man back in front of natty and also withdraw a half forward to midfield, force a long point shoutout early on to keep the scores down and give them something to fight for in second half.  If St Galls get ahead at any stage then they will cause problems but ultimately i can't see Cushendall letting this slip

And as I said before, no one would begrudge them this title
What happens next????

hurlingstick

They deserve it given the opponents they have beat to get here. Whoever wins on Sunday will deserve to be champions.

Milltown Row2

I hope we give the neutrals something to cheer about tomorrow, I want us to compete and challenge for every ball, and we give an effort/display that is worthy of any finalist.

No doubting the talent and emerging talent at Cushendalls disposal, but like us they can only put 15 players on the pitch and if we fight for every shitty ball and put our bodies on the line for the whole game then I'll be a happy Galls man. To walk away whether you win lose or draw after putting up the effort then I wouldn't ask for anymore than that.

It's a game that takes me back to Cushendun's final appearance, one shot and to be fair to them they put in a great effort that day in Casement, they just came up short. Anyway I hope we get a great day and two good games
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Sleeping giant

Best of luck to st galls and c,dall tomorrow.
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

hurlingstick

And to Armoy and Rossa

btdtgtt

All four teams can't have the luck! ;)

Any advice on parking in ballycastle? Normal dump it as close as I can get it?

hurlingstick

If you're going to both matches you'll get into the car park.

Sleeping giant

Yes.  Also armoy and rossa!! 
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

hurlingstick

Congratulations Cushendal. Deserved winners. Credit to St. Galls for large parts of the game they matched Cushendal. Missing scoreable chances was the difference.