Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: btdtgtt on September 18, 2014, 08:54:25 PM
Suggesting the shamrocks are finished after one defeat reminds me of the years when Dunloy were supposedly finished - still lifted the volunteer cup again.
I don't think they'll be far off again next year - or the year after that either.

No problem for me supporting the Antrim champions - our city teams don't have are not rivals of the glens sides any more unfortunately! One day eh!

Prove me wrong MR2?

agreed, I've heard so many times over the past 6-7 years that we as a club were done, that we had nothing coming through etc. etc. everything goes in phases in antrim, loughgiel have had their period of dominace same as ourselves and Cushendall in the past 20 years. I would be surprised if loughgiel started to dominate again as the team they have is just that much older.

Cushendall look really good, a mix of youth and experience in their team and they aren't that old either. that's not saying they will automatically win this years final but they look have it in them to become the team to beat over the next few years
hurl like f**k boi!

Antrim2011

anybody else thinks that it odd that there is no referee announced yet for the junior and intermediate hurling championship final on saturday

this decision should have been made at the start of the week

My prediction would be for the two blue and yellows, Rossa and Rasharkin

btdtgtt

Maybe a name one of the four teams isn't happy about  ;)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Antrim2011 on September 19, 2014, 03:11:57 PM
anybody else thinks that it odd that there is no referee announced yet for the junior and intermediate hurling championship final on saturday

this decision should have been made at the start of the week

My prediction would be for the two blue and yellows, Rossa and Rasharkin

I'd say the referee knows he's doing it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

sylvieslynanesnutsack

MR2 did you get one of the games?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: sylvieslynanesnutsack on September 19, 2014, 05:27:20 PM

Nope. Owen got intermediate. Think Ill head down
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

sylvieslynanesnutsack

I'm sure you're a bit disappointed. Competition is tough between referees. Colm Cochrane junior I see.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: sylvieslynanesnutsack on September 19, 2014, 06:30:36 PM
I'm sure you're a bit disappointed. Competition is tough between referees. Colm Cochrane junior I see.

Not at all, I've done a decent game this year and can't complain in fairness, I think the appointments this year have been spot on, a great spread of experienced referees and new referees getting games. Also all divisions were given referees who'd normally be doing higher league games. So all in all I don't think their can be too many gripes.

manballandall

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 19, 2014, 07:01:14 PM

Not at all, I've done a decent game this year and can't complain in fairness, I think the appointments this year have been spot on, a great spread of experienced referees and new referees getting games. Also all divisions were given referees who'd normally be doing higher league games. So all in all I don't think their can be too many gripes.
That answer should get you a few more games next year ;)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: manballandall on September 19, 2014, 07:10:06 PM

That answer should get you a few more games next year ;)

If I'm not too busy :o

hurlingstick

Fair play! Yeah I saw Eamonn Hasson (a top referee) doing a number of lower league games. Well considering the game they gave you they obviously respect you. With the way the draw went any referee getting a quarter final on that side was always getting a tough game.

keep her low this half

Quote from: Bonamargy on September 18, 2014, 10:25:02 PM
Senior: Cushendall by 10+
Intermediate: Rossa by 15+
Junior: Rasharkin by 6

Looks like 3 forgone conclusions I am afraid.

You don't watch much hurling do you?

keep her low this half

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 19, 2014, 05:48:53 PM
Quote from: sylvieslynanesnutsack on September 19, 2014, 05:27:20 PM

Nope. Owen got intermediate. Think Ill head down

Owen is a fine referee, if we are beat tomorrow it will not be the referees fault. ( Note I said that before the game, I reserve the right to change my opinion after the match  :D )

keep her low this half

Quote from: hardstation on September 19, 2014, 09:45:02 PM
If we are beat, it will be the referee's fault.

There.

:)

Fair does that is a good reply. If we are beat tomorrow I will blame the county board who would not put off the match until next week. We have a young girl getting married tomorrow who has two brothers on the team and a husband and brother in law on the bench. Despite asking for the match to be put off for a week we were denied as it might interfere with county board members going to the all ireland REPLAY. [b The prospect of an intermediate final as curtain raiser to the senior final was also unthinkable to our county board. What a fine upstanding bunch of gentlemen they are.

keep her low this half

Quote from: hardstation on September 19, 2014, 09:58:16 PM
We're in the u16 county football final tomorrow as well.

Glad to see they pay your lot as little respect as our lot, hope you win the football, give you something to celebrate tomorrow :o  ;)