Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sylvieslynanesnutsack

Yeah that game was very flat, I was surprised. I suppose some people may feel the Dall had their final against Loughgiel but still I think they are slight favourites. Hopefully it will be a good game. Strange championship season this year!!!! 

keep her low this half

Quote from: Minder on September 13, 2014, 08:26:47 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 13, 2014, 08:21:23 PM
Quote from: Minder on September 13, 2014, 07:48:18 PM
Armoy beating Glenariffe handily in extra time  :(

Get out of here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Armoy won 5-17 to 4-16, not a massive surprise to me !
Well it was a pleasant surprise for me. Great guts and fitness from our lot although Glenariffe had a couple of players who stood up well particularly Mc Killop at midfield and the number 4 ( don't know his name ). For us Rocky + Eamon McCaughan were massive and everyone else emptied the tank. Cossie got a great goal to level the match late on in normal time, Glenariffe faded badly in extra time although the full forward battled well.

sylvieslynanesnutsack

Definitely a surprise! Some result. Hate to say it but I think you will find it very tough in the final. Great to see progress being made by a good hurling club.

Gizzy15

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 13, 2014, 11:50:24 PM
Quote from: sylvieslynanesnutsack on September 13, 2014, 11:41:36 PM
He is quick and stylish, I imagine he would make most of the big clubs' teams. Will be interesting to see who comes out of other semi final tomorrow. Think Dunloy would suit you boys more.

If I had a magic wand, yeah Dunloy would certainly be the best bet for us. Cushendall are a lot slicker than us for sure. Dunloy are a very hard working team with some cracking hurlers. They didn't even get going to beat a hyped up Ballycastle team so maybe something left in the tank for them. Will be a ding dong battle that's for sure

Good win today MR2 just checked there and if all goes well in the football you will be the first club to appear in both finals since johnnies in 1986. Would be some feat, last team to win both was again johnnies in 1969. A dual club is hard on the modern player and a lot of your boys would be dual. But just shows that every so often it can be done, but maybe not sustainable. Not having a go just genuinely saying I'm impressed.

keep her low this half

Quote from: sylvieslynanesnutsack on September 14, 2014, 12:04:27 AM
Definitely a surprise! Some result. Hate to say it but I think you will find it very tough in the final. Great to see progress being made by a good hurling club.
First time in an intermediate final for more than 10 years. I think we will do enough to keep the ball pucked out to Rossa ;)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Gizzy15 on September 14, 2014, 12:05:42 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 13, 2014, 11:50:24 PM
Quote from: sylvieslynanesnutsack on September 13, 2014, 11:41:36 PM
He is quick and stylish, I imagine he would make most of the big clubs' teams. Will be interesting to see who comes out of other semi final tomorrow. Think Dunloy would suit you boys more.

If I had a magic wand, yeah Dunloy would certainly be the best bet for us. Cushendall are a lot slicker than us for sure. Dunloy are a very hard working team with some cracking hurlers. They didn't even get going to beat a hyped up Ballycastle team so maybe something left in the tank for them. Will be a ding dong battle that's for sure

Good win today MR2 just checked there and if all goes well in the football you will be the first club to appear in both finals since johnnies in 1986. Would be some feat, last team to win both was again johnnies in 1969. A dual club is hard on the modern player and a lot of your boys would be dual. But just shows that every so often it can be done, but maybe not sustainable. Not having a go just genuinely saying I'm impressed.

Yep though in fairness the draw was kind and we beat the teams we were expected to beat by the minimum. I know we will have a different approach now come the final, but its in 2 weeks and we'd need 4 weeks I'd say to sort out a game plan, but sure we'll way in and give it a go, we couldn't be any worse than Cushendall last year ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on September 14, 2014, 11:58:05 AM
10 years since the last time minor & senior titles in both codes were all won by Belfast teams!

Good luck St Galls.

God I was in both clubs that night till 12 the next day if I can remember right!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

Some fine talent on show in croker today.  ;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Seamroga in exile

Jaysus. Young christy is some hurler.

Milltown Row2

Tony Baloney

Tony Baloney

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 14, 2014, 06:08:20 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 14, 2014, 06:05:47 PM
Jaysus. Young christy is some hurler.

score half time analysis
are you forgetting this is me? I don't do reporting.

Currently 2-08 to 0-10

Seamroga in exile

Seamroga in exile

Dall win. 2-10 to 0-11