Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 11, 2014, 04:43:14 PM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 11, 2014, 04:40:05 PM
why do I get the feeling we will be in ballycastle for the next lot of years

Confident? You'll have to get past Cushendall first  ;)

;D I would love to be that confident! haha if I had our team from the late 90's I would be confident for this weekend.

I think its going to be a tough ask to beat that Cushendall team,
hurl like f**k boi!

Na Glinntí Glasa

just updated on the BBC site

Building a new 38,000-seater GAA stadium that visually integrates within its west Belfast neighbourhood is impossible, a court has been told.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-29159764
hurl like f**k boi!

btdtgtt

You see hardstation - sometimes we do agree!

Yes - the social club contributed handsomely to Antrim GAA.
No - the social club did not hold the development up.

Yes - the stadium had been sold from under us.
It's like the North American settlers selling off the natives land - which they never owned to sell!

Yes - we may get used to county fixtures & club championship elsewhere!

Shame it has taken so long for the majority of true gaels to see the deceit and self promotion of personal interests of those at the top table in ulster council & Antrim - and certain politicos.

Milltown Row2

Ok seeing as I'm not involved this weekend I can have a go at predicting the games this weekend

Naomh Gall v Sarsfields us by 2
Dunloy V Cushendall Dall by 4
Carey V Rossa Rossa by 6
Glenariff v Armoy Glenariff by 7
Con Magees v St Agnes'  Aggies to get over the heartache of last weekend by 3
St Mary's Rasharkin v Shane Uí Néill  Shane O'Neill's by the minimum (they'd have to improve on game I saw them play)

I hope I only get one result right  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: hardstation on September 11, 2014, 04:29:50 PM
They've made some mess, that's for sure.

If Antrim have already signed the ground over to Ulster Council's control, we don't really have a say what happens to it.

Our county's greatest asset has possibly been given away.
That's just superb.

hold on a minute, are you saying that the ulster council will own our county ground. I thought it belonged to us, by us i mean the clubs. surely the clubs would have to be consulted about this
can someone tell me for instance who's  name is on the deeds on N I land registry
do we have more  legal claim to casement than the ulster council or croke park
I wouldn't be to happy if those sh..heads have signed over any ownership without briefing all the clubs
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Gold

Quote from: hardstation on September 11, 2014, 10:46:06 PM
Jeez, I've been saying this all along. Yes, the new stadium will be owned & under the total control of Ulster GAA. We are giving away a site worth God knows how many millions for £0.00.

The names on the deeds, to my knowledge were Edward McMahon (Milky Bar) and Pat Hasson from Rasharkin.

I imagine (though I'm not sure) that it has been signed over to the Ulster Council at this stage.

f**king unbelievable
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: hardstation on September 11, 2014, 10:46:06 PM
Jeez, I've been saying this all along. Yes, the new stadium will be owned & under the total control of Ulster GAA. We are giving away a site worth God knows how many millions for £0.00.

The names on the deeds, to my knowledge were Edward McMahon (Milky Bar) and Pat Hasson from Rasharkin.

I imagine (though I'm not sure) that it has been signed over to the Ulster Council at this stage.

that's fair enough if your not sure, but MC Mahon and Pat Hasson do not own casement they are trustees
I'm not an lawyer and not to sure if these two can sign over casement to anybody as they don't own it
if it is the case then the committees we have running our clubs either haven't been informed or have been misled which is illegal in my view

the whole thing stinks to high heaven and i can understand N I executive not trusting a clown like our chairmen and his cronies with 70 odd mill and letting the ulster council handle it with a hand from croke park but who the f..k said they could sign it over without consulting the clubs

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: hardstation on September 11, 2014, 11:29:13 PM
It is symptomatic of all the problems this development has had from the beginning.

Rush it through, it'll be grand.

Residents - to hell with them.
Social club - put a sign on the door saying it's closed.
Site ownership - aye, just sign it over.

Procedure, consultation etc are not in their minds.

As for not consulting the clubs- our clubs have been treated disgracefully. Certainly in regards to the debacle with the social club. Our clubs were told that the social club owed the county £36000. Our county executive asked for a vote to be taken whether or not the county should take the social club to court. Clubs voted yes (which is fair enough).

What our clubs weren't told was
a) the £36000 was plucked from the sky. Indeed, you could knock about £30000 off that bill for a more realistic value.
b) on two occasions, the committee of the social club asked for an itemised bill which the county refused to provide.

At the end if it all, the social club didn't have to pay £36000 to the county but, sure, it wasn't our county executive who decided to take the social club to court, it was the clubs in Antrim.

The clubs are completely duped.

yes yes I know the clubs where hoodwinked and the whole social club affair was a farce grounded on lies. but with the individuals involved are you really supprised
but signing over OUR grounds is a completely different ball game
I'm going to ask our chairman on this matter at the first opportunity to see how much the clubs have been informed

there seems to be people within ulster council and antrim that have lost the run of themselves about what they can actually do by law
its one thing alienating club members and clubs through bad management on all fronts but they cant turn round and giveaway something that doesn't belong to them

orangeman

Could be an interesting Antrim AGM in December if there's not an EGM beforehand.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: hardstation on September 11, 2014, 11:54:51 PM
So, you thought all along that Antrim would continue to own Casement Park?

No, sure, ffs the rest of the counties would go up the wall that we are getting this money from ni executive.
So Ulster Council decided that a land grab would be the best bet.

the rest of the ulster counties have their county grounds for there various championship finals etc. I cant see any of them signing them over to achieve provincial status and quite rightly so
Just because clones gets an ulster final doesn't mean monaghan had to sign it over

I had the seemingly naive view that Antrim owned the place and that appropriate county activity would be as before
ulster council had access to the venue for ulster finals and the like and whatever commercial revenue that was generated there was under there control also

now if you told me  the county executive had sold casement to the ulster council for an amount that could finish the dunsilly project and that was our new county grounds then maybe i could stomach that. If it was ratified by the clubs

Gizzy15

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on September 11, 2014, 11:47:19 PM
It is symptomatic of all the problems this development has had from the beginning.

As for not consulting the clubs- our clubs have been treated disgracefully. Certainly in regards to the debacle with the social club. Our clubs were told that the social club owed the county £36000. Our county executive asked for a vote to be taken whether or not the county should take the social club to court. Clubs voted yes (which is fair enough).

a) the £36000 was plucked from the sky. Indeed, you could knock about £30000 off that bill for a more realistic value.
b) on two occasions, the committee of the social club asked for an itemised bill which the county refused to provide.

At the end if it all, the social club didn't have to pay £36000 to the county but, sure, it wasn't our county executive who decided to take the social club to court, it was the clubs in Antrim.

yes yes I know the clubs where hoodwinked and the whole social club affair was a farce grounded on lies. but with the individuals involved are you really supprised
I'm going to ask our chairman on this matter at the first opportunity to see how much the clubs have been informed

there seems to be people within ulster council and antrim that have lost the run of themselves about what they can actually do by law
its one thing alienating club members and clubs through bad management on all fronts but they cant turn round and giveaway something that doesn't belong to them

I feel like I've logged into 2013 FFs not just that we're talking about the same points but the fact that some people still didn't know after all this debate that we will no longer have a county ground.

Apart from maybe the first year (for show) our underage teams, school teams and colleges will never see the inside of this stadium,    And our county teams Will be lucky to get more than one run out a year

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Gizzy15 on September 12, 2014, 12:31:17 AM

I feel like I've logged into 2013 FFs not just that we're talking about the same points but the fact that some people still didn't know after all this debate that we will no longer have a county ground.

Apart from maybe the first year (for show) our underage teams, school teams and colleges will never see the inside of this stadium,    And our county teams Will be lucky to get more than one run out a year

apologies gizzy I must have been of the boards at that time and i didn't realise that if you missed it the first time round then the topic was null and void.

we can get through this without your input I'm sure

Gizzy15

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on September 12, 2014, 12:39:50 AM
Quote from: Gizzy15 on September 12, 2014, 12:31:17 AM

apologies gizzy I must have been of the boards at that time and i didn't realise that if you missed it the first time round then the topic was null and void.

we can get through this without your input I'm sure

And your arrogance also could be done without

Na Glinntí Glasa

and so could yours in assuming that every single Antrim supporter has been provided with the in-depth facts of the dealings at casement park.

I didn't know that we had, as hardstation says, signed over casement to the ulster council for nothing. im astounded that this has happened.

as the man says, the clubs have been duped.
hurl like f**k boi!

btdtgtt

At least people are now becoming aware of the deceit and lies that are sweeping the GAA away from ordinary members - I mean aware in general across the county not this board which is of course a tiny snapshot!
The trend is the same across Ireland as we've seen over the Sky deal and booking Croke Park for American Football etc.

So the next time you see a nice little photoshoot of a GAA (paid & salaried) official cuddling up with politicians - be aware and be afraid!
We are about sport and culture, not our officials using our Asssociation to further themselves and politics!