Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Well that's the main thing
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Na Glinntí Glasa

personally I couldn't give two fiddler about a social club. ive been in it once in my life and ive been going to casement park for matches since I was a kid in the mid 80's.

i couldn't care less if it was never built.

we need our county ground back and sorted. with the greatest of respect to ballycastle its not a county ground. they have done a brilliant job this year providing for the national league games and leinster championship games but its a club ground, it has no shelter, limited toilet facilities plus when the win blows its bloody freezing lol

being fair ballycastle did a good job but we need a county ground, the quicker this is sorted the better for all parties.

hurl like f**k boi!

btdtgtt

Quote from: DearyMe on September 11, 2014, 01:15:38 PM
Why have ago at me btdgtt?

Unfortunately you clearly struggle with grammar.  The 'whatever' i refer to is part of the option clause i've used as a list.  It does not refer to 'i don't care'!  It is an ignorant 'whatever', meaning i lack the knowledge as to why Casement has stalled! 

To clarify my very very basic post.

I would love to see Casement open for business, ideally with upgrades included.

Deary deary me...

Fair enough DearyMe, maybe I just wish less people were ignorant of the situation with our county ground.
Although you can never be too sensitive on this board ;)

And thats the point - as DR says - it should be OUR county ground.

The fact is - it's been userpt from under us by the personal egos of GAA people putting their agenda before Gaels, and politicians.

We might have to get used to games at Ballycastle and the other grounds (fair dues they've done a great job).
Because we won't have free use of Casement.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on September 11, 2014, 03:19:28 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 11, 2014, 02:35:36 PM
Well, for the social club, it is.
Sure it wouldn't me jack shit to them where the social clubs, is as long as it's in that area they will be happy
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on September 11, 2014, 03:26:42 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 11, 2014, 03:21:36 PM
Quote from: hardstation on September 11, 2014, 03:19:28 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 11, 2014, 02:35:36 PM
Well, for the social club, it is.
Sure it wouldn't me jack shit to them where the social clubs, is as long as it's in that area they will be happy
And?

And what? as long as they aren't losing out then, that's good?

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: hardstation on September 11, 2014, 03:26:15 PM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 11, 2014, 02:45:29 PM
personally I couldn't give two fiddler about a social club. ive been in it once in my life and ive been going to casement park for matches since I was a kid in the mid 80's.

Well, obviously, it's no odds to you. Why would it be?
I mean, only people in Rossa would be concerned when our social club closed.
I wouldn't really care if a social club up the country closed down.

Doesn't mean those who go to it wouldn't care.

point is that the redevelopment of our county ground has been halted over a social club. well it was halted I should say, but it was bloody ridiculous. does our county receive any money from this place? it seems that its not.

also Rossa social club closing down was a shame, it was a pity that it did as it was a valuable source of income for your club. no one likes to see a club suffer.
hurl like f**k boi!

sylvieslynanesnutsack

Atmosphere can be great at Ballycastle as it can at Loughgiel. I would love to be going to all 3 games on Saturday but it is impossible. Quite frustrating!!! I will make up for it on Sunday by getting to all 3 games.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on September 11, 2014, 03:34:07 PM
Yes. Good job they took on the fight though.

Yep as there aren't enough bars about that area that you could have a decent drink in

NAG1

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 11, 2014, 03:34:50 PM

point is that the redevelopment of our county ground has been halted over a social club. well it was halted I should say, but it was bloody ridiculous. does our county receive any money from this place? it seems that its not.

also Rossa social club closing down was a shame, it was a pity that it did as it was a valuable source of income for your club. no one likes to see a club suffer.

DR I think I would do a fact check on your post before sticking that up.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: hardstation on September 11, 2014, 03:53:18 PM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 11, 2014, 03:34:50 PM

What the actual fcuk??
a) Casement Social club did not halt the progress of the new stadium at all.
so that dragging session through the courts, seeking new sites for them to be located, meetings etc didn't hold it up?
b) 100% of Casement Social club's profits go to Antrim GAA.
hence why I asked that, spot on
c) The new development will belong to Ulster GAA, not Antrim.
But sure...... ::)

so we don't own our own ground.........
you don't need to add the fcuk in it to make a point either. im asking genuine questions seeing as no one has a clue whats going on at casement park!
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on September 11, 2014, 04:02:55 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 11, 2014, 03:40:20 PM
Quote from: hardstation on September 11, 2014, 03:34:07 PM
Yes. Good job they took on the fight though.

Yep as there aren't enough bars about that area that you could have a decent drink in
Yeah, get rid of Sarsfields, St Teresa's, St Agnes' etc. there's loads of clubs in the area people can play for drink in .

For a start

Na Glinntí Glasa

jaysus im sorry I asked now.

feck it, keep the ground at ballycastle.
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on September 11, 2014, 04:20:09 PM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 11, 2014, 04:18:27 PM
jaysus im sorry I asked now.

feck it, keep the ground at ballycastle.
I genuinely believe that will happen if the new stadium goes ahead. Certainly for the National League games.

So if it all goes tits up, will they reopen Casement? I mean have they not given away a load of stuff and demolished things so far?

Na Glinntí Glasa

why do I get the feeling we will be in ballycastle for the next lot of years
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 11, 2014, 04:40:05 PM
why do I get the feeling we will be in ballycastle for the next lot of years

Confident? You'll have to get past Cushendall first  ;)