Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gizzy15

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 10, 2014, 12:22:23 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on September 10, 2014, 12:19:31 PM
Would love to see it MR2 but I think the days of the city teams catching the big Glens teams out in championship are gone - for a while at least.

Your boys should have too much for the Paddies - so you won't get to Ref the county final this year!

At a loose end this weekend!! So I'll be in Corrigan with gear  ;)

I didn't think the Refs committee would worry what club you refereed considering some recent appointments, so you never know you might still get to ref the final even if Galls are in it ;) , what you need is a guy from your club appointing the ref that's all it takes ;D ;D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Gizzy15 on September 10, 2014, 02:17:53 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 10, 2014, 12:22:23 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on September 10, 2014, 12:19:31 PM
Would love to see it MR2 but I think the days of the city teams catching the big Glens teams out in championship are gone - for a while at least.

Your boys should have too much for the Paddies - so you won't get to Ref the county final this year!

At a loose end this weekend!! So I'll be in Corrigan with gear  ;)

I didn't think the Refs committee would worry what club you refereed considering some recent appointments, so you never know you might still get to ref the final even if Galls are in it ;) , what you need is a guy from your club appointing the ref that's all it takes ;D ;D

Now now, someone has to give up their own time to organise officials for games, I don't know of too many people willing to do it even for their own clubs never mind ensuring that the league/championships games are officiated in the first place.

as other mentors/managers and generally helpers within their club will tell you, come the AGM, nobody is queuing up to give a hand ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Glentaisie

I think Cushendall will beat Dunloy.  They have more all over the pitch and while Dunloy will work like dogs and have Shiels Cushendall will have too much for them.

I really hope St Galls come through the other side.  It'll mean that that cnut Duffy won't get the final and just to stuff it to him Cushendall will stuff them.  No offence MR2 but he screwed you as well as sticking it to the Town.

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Lecale2

btdtgtt

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-29151332

Very reasonable if you ask me.
New stadium? Yes please!
But let's not make it too big for both residents and the GAA!
We all want a functional stadium - not a picture postcard that's never more than half filled!

Na Glinntí Glasa

was wondering this last night, are the residents wanting any financial bribery to let this go through? or is it a case of they want a smaller stadium?

my way of sorting it out. dump the stadium plan at Casement park, sell it off for development, buy a new green field sight and put one there. end of. no residents, no social club, no bother.........but we cant afford to do that......we cant afford to finish our 'centre of excellence' can we?

hurl like f**k boi!

johnneycool

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 11, 2014, 10:18:20 AM
was wondering this last night, are the residents wanting any financial bribery to let this go through? or is it a case of they want a smaller stadium?

my way of sorting it out. dump the stadium plan at Casement park, sell it off for development, buy a new green field sight and put one there. end of. no residents, no social club, no bother.........but we cant afford to do that......we cant afford to finish our 'centre of excellence' can we?

Don't get those we's mixed up, one is the Ulster Council and the other is Antrim CB.

For some reason the Casement site was the only option seriously considered irrespective of what consultation process the gimps in the Ulster Council try to bullshit us with, not sure of the reasons, political or whatever, but its going to be there one way or another in some shape or form.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnneycool on September 11, 2014, 10:26:05 AM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 11, 2014, 10:18:20 AM

Don't get those we's mixed up, one is the Ulster Council and the other is Antrim CB.

For some reason the Casement site was the only option seriously considered irrespective of what consultation process the gimps in the Ulster Council try to bullshit us with, not sure of the reasons, political or whatever, but its going to be there one way or another in some shape or form.

Green field site 1/4 mile away from Casement ffs!! Would suit everyone not too many residents to pay off oops  please. Was already mentioned before. Driving past Casement the other week. Waste of fecking time, all those games in past 2 years that could have went ahead only for it to be wasted
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Na Glinntí Glasa

im the same, this has went on too long, if this was any other type of commercial development it wouldn't have dragged its ass this long.

im like most other fans in Antrim, we have accepted it wont happen and we are an embarrassment.
hurl like f**k boi!

btdtgtt

I can agree with so much there!

Firstly, the current proposal for Casement suits neither the residents nor the GAA - the stadium is too big for both.
But the "powers that be" both political and Ulster Council just saw a big glossy stadium that they could claim their legacy. The functionality and suitability was irrelevant - it was all about the photoshoots.

The dogs in the street know thsi, despite what the PR spin might have anyone believe.

An alternative site was never really considered - such was the haste of the push for Casement linked to the politics of Revenhill & Windsor Park.

My personal feeling was a revamped Casement on a small but modern scale (Ravehill is a beautiful and fit for purpose stadium). Also, this should be tied in with Antrim County Board not surrending control of the asset - after all it belongs to all of us.

Side notes, the residents I have spoken to are not all about getting a few quid "bribe". Not by a long stretch - despite what certain people with personal agendas might spread.
Also, dont start me on Dunsilly!

DearyMe

Legacy/residents/county board/whatever - all a pity really - would love to see it!

Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking!

Na Glinntí Glasa

Dunsilly is the elephant in the room with regards to Antrim.

I agree that a 32k all seater stadium is excessive. whilst it would be nice to have such a place to play our games in reality how many times a year would be filled to capacity? also the ulster council would prefer to keep the ulster final over the border! but anyway that isn't the point here.

the point is we were more or less forced into revamping our county ground. we all knew it needed massive work but it should of been done at our agenda and not a political one. our county finals would attract what, 3000 people maybe if it was double header and the fixtures looked good? do we need 28k empty seats? no.

one big main stand stretching the entire length where the existing is situated and open seating behind the goals and terracing on the existing side would do. upgrade the toilets, amenities, disabled facilities, match day offerings etc and we would all of been happy - even the residents.
hurl like f**k boi!

btdtgtt

Quote from: DearyMe on September 11, 2014, 11:47:53 AM
Legacy/residents/county board/whatever - all a pity really - would love to see it!

Not far off the mark DR, fair play.

As for this DearyMe - I'm not sure what it is you would love to see, but "whatever" is precisely the attitude that has us here.
Sure ignore everything and everyone and stick Garth Brooks in Croke park for 5 days running as well - "whatever".

DearyMe

Why have ago at me btdgtt?

Unfortunately you clearly struggle with grammar.  The 'whatever' i refer to is part of the option clause i've used as a list.  It does not refer to 'i don't care'!  It is an ignorant 'whatever', meaning i lack the knowledge as to why Casement has stalled! 

To clarify my very very basic post.

I would love to see Casement open for business, ideally with upgrades included.

Deary deary me...
Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking!