Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apparently so

Quote from: Bonamargy on September 05, 2014, 02:27:07 PM
Ok, my predictions for the championship semi finals. What do you think?

Senior:
Cushendall V Dunloy - Cushendall by 3
St Galls V Sarsfields - St Galls by 4

Intermediate:
Carey V Rossa - Carey by 2
Armoy V Glenariff - Glenariff by 9

Junior:
Rasharkin V Glenarm - Glenarm by 3
Glenravel V St Agnes - Glenravel by 2

Cushendall by a few points. They will be on a massive high still from beating Loughgiel. A good mixture of youth and experience in that Cushendall team. Young Sambo is a fantastic hurler

St Galls v Sars - Really could go either way this one but I think St Galls will sneak it

Carey v Rossa - Carey are always a brilliant championship team and I think they will give Rossa a much better game than most expect. Will be another very tight game but I think Rossa will come through in the end by a point or two

Armoy v Glenariff - Again, I don't think this is going to be as one sided as most people think. Armoy are a very handy team who won't stop the whole game. Glenariff are in for a battle in this one but will probably win by about 5 points

Rasharkin v Glenarm - Rasharkin gave Glenarm a doing in the league not so long ago and Glenarm have really been struggling for a while now but if they are on the game they are capable of, I think they should win. If they keep playing the way they have been the last few months, Rasharkin will win it easy enough. Hard to predict as you don't know what Glenarm will turn up but I will say Raskarkin by by 6 points

Glenravel v St Agnes - Glenravel have a lot of momentum gathered up. Unbeaten league season and have already played a couple of championship games. St Agnes yet to win a game this season although in a higher league. Glenravel by 10

DearyMe

Will be very surprised if its not a dall v galls final!

Rossa should be winning the intermediate - if they want it! Im hearing many in the club dont want to admit theyre playing in it, never mind having to win it!!!
Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking!

Sleeping giant

:o I no.  Like why would you want to win a championship. 
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Na Glinntí Glasa

two points in it either way between ourselves and cushendall. I can see it being a really tight game.

the other semi final will be the exact same. tbh I wouldn't be shocked if sarsfields won it. semi final, nothing to lose and a final up for grabs for someone.

im going to be biased and pick us to win by 2 points and it be a Dunloy v Sarsfields final! im going against the groove here lol
hurl like f**k boi!

DearyMe

Quote from: hardstation on September 08, 2014, 08:17:03 PM
I'm not even sure what that means tbh.

Not surprising really!!! :o

CitySlicker11

Explain what you mean DearyMe? I don't know how anyone could hold that attitude to a championship game.

DearyMe

Dont wanna touch a nerve Slick, but i would be familiar enough with a fair few Rossa men who place zero value on the intermediate championship.  This probably stems from the clubs history in senior.  So what i mean is... some arent bothered if Rossa win it or not!!! 

This is no slight on anyone btw - but its not hard to understand fellas who are used to playing senior, and competing, with a history of winning, undervaluing a perceived lesser competition. (which btw isnt my opinion).

Clear?

btdtgtt

Quote from: DearyMe on September 09, 2014, 02:18:15 PM
Dont wanna touch a nerve Slick, but i would be familiar enough with a fair few Rossa men who place zero value on the intermediate championship.  This probably stems from the clubs history in senior.  So what i mean is... some arent bothered if Rossa win it or not!!! 

Surely if they value it or not is irrelevant - they should still want to win it?
To be beaten in it would be more of a slap in the face than having dropped down a level?

This is no slight on anyone btw - but its not hard to understand fellas who are used to playing senior, and competing, with a history of winning, undervaluing a perceived lesser competition. (which btw isnt my opinion).

How many of the current Rossa team are used to winning at senior?

Clear?

Last Man

Quote from: btdtgtt on September 09, 2014, 02:42:16 PM

Surely if they value it or not is irrelevant - they should still want to win it?
To be beaten in it would be more of a slap in the face than having dropped down a level?

Cant see why people are putting Rossa under the spotlight, tradition counts for little in the city at the present. Keeping a steady drip feed of minors into the senior panel is hellish hard, if they don't immediately get a starting place they just don't come back, if not from a strong hurling family.  They are having to blood a lot of younger fellas at once now to rebuild the panel. They know where they are and are doing what they have to do regardless of anyone.

Clear?

btdtgtt

Quote from: Last Man on September 09, 2014, 03:02:44 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on September 09, 2014, 02:42:16 PM

Cant see why people are putting Rossa under the spotlight, tradition counts for little in the city at the present. Keeping a steady drip feed of minors into the senior panel is hellish hard, if they don't immediately get a starting place they just don't come back, if not from a strong hurling family.  They are having to blood a lot of younger fellas at once now to rebuild the panel. They know where they are and are doing what they have to do regardless of anyone.

Clear?

Couldnt agree more Last Man - I'm questoning what DearyMe was saying and if that was the mentality in Rossa - its doenst hold up.
Their recent results in the last number of years, and the make-up of their team at present show that they are far from too good for intermediate as the successful seniors have gone - its a new young team and senior is beyond those younger players who may be swamped by bigger sides. They should be trying to win it as a building block one would imagine?

DearyMe

Guys am I making it up then?

I agree with whats being said btw - about winning it etc

Im just saying what has been said to me - and to answer the question regarding those current players who have played senior championship - there are a few!
But some prominent ex players certainly snub it!

But listen, im not commenting on this to start a row! Thats me done on it now!  It seems that if people on here disagree, because they havent heard it, then it must be wrong!

Looking forward to games at weekend!

btdtgtt

Quote from: DearyMe on September 10, 2014, 10:51:26 AM

Im just saying what has been said to me - and to answer the question regarding those current players who have played senior championship - there are a few!

The point you (or Rossa) made was about be SUCCESSFUL at senior - I'm saying that not many (if any) of the current squad have won many (if any) senior games at all!

I will leave that to HS but its not relevant anyway.
But listen, im not commenting on this to start a row! Thats me done on it now!  It seems that if people on here disagree, because they havent heard it, then it must be wrong!

This weeked has its pick of games for my liking.

Dunloy V Cushendall is the county final in disguise - every way I look at it I see a Dall victory - but its championship, and its Dunloy - so who knows!
I will be pulling moves to try and get my way to the Sarsfield V St Galls game. Can see St Galls winning this with their more competitive edge across the 15 positions, especially is the Paddies are missing a few.

On a side note - does anyone have any idea on the release of tickets for the All-Ireland replay?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on September 10, 2014, 12:00:18 PM
Quote from: DearyMe on September 10, 2014, 10:51:26 AM

The point you (or Rossa) made was about be SUCCESSFUL at senior - I'm saying that not many (if any) of the current squad have won many (if any) senior games at all!

I will leave that to HS but its not relevant anyway.

This weeked has its pick of games for my liking.

Dunloy V Cushendall is the county final in disguise - every way I look at it I see a Dall victory - but its championship, and its Dunloy - so who knows!
I will be pulling moves to try and get my way to the Sarsfield V St Galls game. Can see St Galls winning this with their more competitive edge across the 15 positions, especially is the Paddies are missing a few.

On a side note - does anyone have any idea on the release of tickets for the All-Ireland replay?

Should we beat Sarsfields on Saturday (I think the minimum score will win it, for either team) well beat Dunloy or Cushendall in the final!!!

Now go get money on us quickly
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

Would love to see it MR2 but I think the days of the city teams catching the big Glens teams out in championship are gone - for a while at least.

Your boys should have too much for the Paddies - so you won't get to Ref the county final this year!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on September 10, 2014, 12:19:31 PM
Would love to see it MR2 but I think the days of the city teams catching the big Glens teams out in championship are gone - for a while at least.

Your boys should have too much for the Paddies - so you won't get to Ref the county final this year!

At a loose end this weekend!! So I'll be in Corrigan with gear  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea