Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: hardstation on September 04, 2014, 07:29:30 PM
Brian Cody.

Should be easy to convince him that it's Kilkenny.

What about the north antrim accent, always get an interpater
At least they could flak all round them and the press wouldn't call them dirty
If coady was in charge of them last week
Mr2 woukd be getting  shocking abuse In the press for sending men of

'' it's a mans game '' blah blah blah

I see he has willie o Conner trying to influence the ref for Sunday in the press
He knows all the tricks in the book

http://www.hoganstand.com/Forum/MessagePage.aspx?TopicID=90110

Read here
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Sleeping giant

Quote from: sylvieslynanesnutsack on September 04, 2014, 01:59:51 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on September 04, 2014, 01:32:00 PM
Quote from: sylvieslynanesnutsack on September 04, 2014, 12:59:58 PM
If last weekend taught us anything is that this championship has been full of upsets. Just ask Loughgiel, Ballycastle or St. Paul's.  St. Galls won't do 'nasty'.

Follow the form??

Cushendall,  with a full 15 out were beat the Sunday before championship. I was there. Ballycastle were quietly fancied to go the whole way. I notice you selectively left out Armoy v St. Paul's. And St. Galls were a split second from going out.

Think that counts as surprises. I'll finish with this point. Standing among the Cushendall fans on Sunday night you would think they had won the All Ireland. Believe me they were gladly surprised. I agree Loughgiel have been poor all year.but deep down most people thought they would turn it on come championship.
lol got that myself.  I must have left before presentation :)   Think that's just what we bring to the table. Everyone loves to beat us. Lol. Use are no different. Won a league game and use were gonna win the championship.  It's cdalls to loose now IMO
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Glensman

Quote from: btdtgtt on September 04, 2014, 07:05:51 PM
Quote from: Glensman on September 04, 2014, 06:28:52 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on September 04, 2014, 10:57:05 AM
Quote from: Bonamargy on September 04, 2014, 10:08:21 AM
Quote from: btdtgtt on September 04, 2014, 09:44:25 AM
I'm finding it difficult to believe that an referee turned a 21yard free into a penalty?

Casement saga in court next week it appears.

Cloughmills player ran in and tackled McKernan when he was striking the free from 25 yards. Jackie booked the Cloughmills player and awarded a penalty. Sarsfields scored their goal from the rebound.

So is this adjudged to be a separate infringement and hence the penalty award?
But surely even this wasnt within the square?
I would have though book the guy and move to a more advantageous position?
Did Cloughmills not go crazy at the time! Seems a strange one to me!

Going crazy on the sideline is a different thing from in the heat of battle just getting on with it as players - would Jackie has changes his mind? Probably not and issued a yellow card. It was not inside the box (either infraction) and it appears should not have become a penalty in any event - should have been moves forward to the more advantageous position as noted. Bit of a disgrace.

Have a lot of sympathy for refs but getting these basic things wrong cost CMills dearly...not necessarily the reason they lost but was a huge turning point.

Can referees not get together and agree positions on things where they come up in games. I was stood not too far away from another well respected referee in the county who called these two things and a couple more differently. A high pressure position alright but the least players deserve is consitency and rules applied.

Yes I understand a referee making a debateable call in an ambiguous scenario - we're all human an all that.
But this just seems such a blatant error in a basic rule!
Hard to get the head round for anyone let alone a cloughmills man!

Think we're on the same wavelength here!

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: Sleeping giant on September 04, 2014, 08:06:47 PM
Quote from: sylvieslynanesnutsack on September 04, 2014, 01:59:51 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on September 04, 2014, 01:32:00 PM
Quote from: sylvieslynanesnutsack on September 04, 2014, 12:59:58 PM
If last weekend taught us anything is that this championship has been full of upsets. Just ask Loughgiel, Ballycastle or St. Paul's.  St. Galls won't do 'nasty'.

Follow the form??

Cushendall,  with a full 15 out were beat the Sunday before championship. I was there. Ballycastle were quietly fancied to go the whole way. I notice you selectively left out Armoy v St. Paul's. And St. Galls were a split second from going out.

Think that counts as surprises. I'll finish with this point. Standing among the Cushendall fans on Sunday night you would think they had won the All Ireland. Believe me they were gladly surprised. I agree Loughgiel have been poor all year.but deep down most people thought they would turn it on come championship.
lol got that myself.  I must have left before presentation :)   Think that's just what we bring to the table. Everyone loves to beat us. Lol. Use are no different. Won a league game and use were gonna win the championship.  It's cdalls to loose now IMO
I don't agree SG..Dunloy will fancy their chances & have a very clever manager in place.
I always thought they would win the QF. The Town have some poor hurlers. When was the last time they beat one of the other 3 in C'Ship Hurling??
C'Dall will be wary of Dunloy. I'd say the Dall supporters enjoyed it so much cos it was a bit of a suprise especially after last years final performance & the commitment/passion of their players on Sunday.

I'd expect St Galls to win the other semi though those 2 matches should help the Paddies.

imtommygunn

The last two years against dunloy cushendall have been exposed a bit in the centre of defense through nigel elliot's pace.

They'd need to fix that to win. Seemed more susceptible to than to shorty though he's playing much better this year. Should be an interesting game.

btdtgtt

Quote from: mickey80 on September 04, 2014, 11:00:40 PM
Sad news from Lamh Dhearg with the death of referee Eddie Fitz. A good committed member of our association.  RIP

Shocking news. Heart goes out to a great family. RIP Eddie.

Na Glinntí Glasa

i wasnt that confident going into the ballycastle game of us winning. i knew that we had that mental edge of beating them the past 2 times in the championship but that counts for nothing when your not consistent like we are.

cushendall will be massive favourites, and rightly so, with the team they have. the young lads they have are impressive and have stepped up to the mark this year for them. having a sucessfull minor team and building into U21 then senior has helped them. it will be interesting to see if this is a new period of domination in antrim hurling.

i would love us to win, and im a lot more confident now after the ballycastle game but it will be a big ask to turn them over. will be a good game hopefully
hurl like f**k boi!

Bonamargy

Ok, my predictions for the championship semi finals. What do you think?

Senior:
Cushendall V Dunloy - Cushendall by 3
St Galls V Sarsfields - St Galls by 4

Intermediate:
Carey V Rossa - Carey by 2
Armoy V Glenariff - Glenariff by 9

Junior:
Rasharkin V Glenarm - Glenarm by 3
Glenravel V St Agnes - Glenravel by 2

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Bonamargy on September 05, 2014, 02:27:07 PM

Senior:

Intermediate:

Junior:

Can't (probably best) predict games until referees have been decided ffs!!!! Oh I can our game, hopefully we win by 1
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Bonamargy

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 05, 2014, 02:34:11 PM

Senior:

Intermediate:

Junior:

Can't (probably best) predict games until referees have been decided ffs!!!! Oh I can our game, hopefully we win by 1

Lol, you may keep your powder dry until then! When will the referees be allocated?

Milltown Row2

Soon id imagine but with Whats happened recently things may take a while to get sorted
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gelvis

Senior:

Intermediate:

Junior:

Cushendall by 3
Galls by 6

Rossa by 8
Glenariff by 12

Rasharkin by 20
St Agnes by 1
"If you worried about falling off the bike, you'd never get on"

Seamroga in exile

Dunloy by 2/4 points.
Sarsfields by something similar.

Good job I'm not a betting man.  ;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 06, 2014, 10:54:20 AM
Dunloy by 2/4 points.

Cause youre shit lol

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 06, 2014, 01:09:36 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 06, 2014, 10:54:20 AM
Dunloy by 2/4 points.

Cause youre shit lol
not the first time I've heard that.  ;)

Congrats to Rossa on winning the minors.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"