Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sylvieslynanesnutsack

NAG, they definitely will. There is nothing to suggest this will be one sided. Both at a similar league standing. Both beat similar opposition in the quarter final. If anything St. Galls are lucky to be there. Sarsfields are there on merit. 

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: NAG1 on September 04, 2014, 12:46:35 PM
Anyone actually think Sars will give St Galls a game?

Yip, baton down the hatches...

NAG1

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on September 04, 2014, 12:50:20 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on September 04, 2014, 12:46:35 PM
Anyone actually think Sars will give St Galls a game?

Yip, baton down the hatches...

Fair enough, I would have thought that once Galls got that game over them and got KS back that they would be a lot stronger.
From seeing them both during the year I still think that Galls would be good favourites.

btdtgtt

Galls will win by at least 4.

manballandall

Never much between the sides and will all boil down to who takes their chances.
Sarsfields don't have a strong bench so with a straight red last night and mc Kenna carrying an injury they might struggle. However I watched sarsfields draw with St. John's a few weeks back and was impressed with them, should have won and this against a St. John's team who st galls handy a week before . This will go down to the wire and could be nasty :)

sylvieslynanesnutsack

If last weekend taught us anything is that this championship has been full of upsets. Just ask Loughgiel, Ballycastle or St. Paul's.  St. Galls won't do 'nasty'.

thegladiator

Quote from: Glensman on September 04, 2014, 12:14:34 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 03, 2014, 11:29:58 PM
Quote from: Glensman on September 03, 2014, 10:36:50 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 03, 2014, 10:25:31 PM
Quote from: Minder on September 03, 2014, 10:24:00 PM
Sarsfields had a man sent off after about 15 mins too so great performance

Mate was at it and said the lights were pathetic

Straight red?

Straight red. Dirty pull.

Took a run over to it. Given I answered your question I've two of my own.

1. Can a 30 yard free ever become a penalty?
Sars man went to hit shot for goal quickly, CMills man stepped across. Moved in for a penalty. They scored the rebound.

2. Quick puck out to a player in midfield who had broken a hurl in last phase of play and was running to sideline to get hurl. He had half a stick in hand. He caught, took 2/3 steps and laid off to teammate. Blown up, free given, point. If you have half a stick is that not technically a stick? Would say 75% of players and refs don't actually know exactly what rule is on playing with no stick, handpassing off if you'd dropped it etc.

Cheers

Penalty is when you foul the man in the, well penalty area, foul the ball 21 yard free and if you move it forward for dissent it's still a 21 yard free, anybody can play without a stick stupid rule/nonrule as such

Cheers - both decisions by Jackie were wrong therefore cost CMills 1-1. A bit of salt in their wounds I would say. The penalty was a pretty game-changing moment as got them some momentum as despite CMills getting a fee points after it they never properly shook Sarsfields off.
Momentum is a mad thing in hurling - seriously hard to break.

Was McKenna injured Gladiator - started very well but faded.

Yeah, tweaked a hamstring in a football game last Wednesday night. Didnt play in  the first game but took the risk last night. He is a very important player for us, unfortunately he only really lasted about 20 mins before playing on with it. Hope he didnt do too kuch more damage to it.

thegladiator

Quote from: manballandall on September 04, 2014, 12:59:16 PM
Never much between the sides and will all boil down to who takes their chances.
Sarsfields don't have a strong bench so with a straight red last night and mc Kenna carrying an injury they might struggle.However I watched sarsfields draw with St. John's a few weeks back and was impressed with them, should have won and this against a St. John's team who st galls handy a week before . This will go down to the wire and could be nasty :)
[/quote

Think you are being a bit harsh there. We don't have the players to earn that reputation! For once we have more skillful hurlers than physical hurlers and long may it continue. The sending off will probably help us for the semi final as he is always likely to do something daft. Hopefully niall mc alea and ciarnan rea will be available so we should be a bit stronger than last night. Both teams will fancy their chances.  Could even go to a replay. ... is Ballycastle free?

NAG1

Quote from: sylvieslynanesnutsack on September 04, 2014, 12:59:58 PM
If last weekend taught us anything is that this championship has been full of upsets. Just ask Loughgiel, Ballycastle or St. Paul's.  St. Galls won't do 'nasty'.

Actually no, last weekend didnt show us any surprises really. Showed us you dont pay attention in class  ;)

Ballycastle poor form coming into the game, starting a player only back from 2 years out showed they werent in a good place. Yet you still backed them.
Loughgiel struggling for form all year, the form team Cushendall coming in and you went for LG again, ignoring the form guide.
Galls came through as expected, as did Sars.

No shocks or surprises there, pure and simple follow the form stuff.

sylvieslynanesnutsack

Quote from: NAG1 on September 04, 2014, 01:32:00 PM

Follow the form??

Cushendall,  with a full 15 out were beat the Sunday before championship. I was there. Ballycastle were quietly fancied to go the whole way. I notice you selectively left out Armoy v St. Paul's. And St. Galls were a split second from going out.

Think that counts as surprises. I'll finish with this point. Standing among the Cushendall fans on Sunday night you would think they had won the All Ireland. Believe me they were gladly surprised. I agree Loughgiel have been poor all year.but deep down most people thought they would turn it on come championship.

NAG1

Quote from: sylvieslynanesnutsack on September 04, 2014, 01:59:51 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on September 04, 2014, 01:32:00 PM

Follow the form??

Cushendall,  with a full 15 out were beat the Sunday before championship. I was there. Ballycastle were quietly fancied to go the whole way. I notice you selectively left out Armoy v St. Paul's. And St. Galls were a split second from going out.

Think that counts as surprises. I'll finish with this point. Standing among the Cushendall fans on Sunday night you would think they had won the All Ireland. Believe me they were gladly surprised. I agree Loughgiel have been poor all year.but deep down most people thought they would turn it on come championship.

Armoy in Ballycastle against a poor St Pauls team, by their own admission to me doesnt constitute a shock.

Ballycastle to be honest were not fancied by anyone outside of their own camp. LG missing two key forwards through injury and struggling for form were there for the taking.

I'm not getting at you but you just cant come off with blase statements about shocks were there were none.

sylvieslynanesnutsack

Your argument was based on form!!!!

Based on form Armoy are in a lower division than St. Paul's. Cloughmills are in a lower division than Sarsfields.

Based on form .......loughgiel beat Cushendall in their most recent league game and Cushendall lost their league game previous to championship.

Blase???? Not a bit NAG.

NAG1

Quote from: sylvieslynanesnutsack on September 04, 2014, 02:57:49 PM
Your argument was based on form!!!!

Based on form Armoy are in a lower division than St. Paul's. Cloughmills are in a lower division than Sarsfields.

Based on form .......loughgiel beat Cushendall in their most recent league game and Cushendall lost their league game previous to championship.

Blase???? Not a bit NAG.

Not going to drag it out any more, just pointing out what I see as an inaccuracy in your previous post.

I dont think most hurling people would have found any of the results a shock. But maybe that's just me.

sylvieslynanesnutsack

Fair enough, you're being reasonable. Hard to go down the form route in Antrim hurling with the lack of importance attached to leagues.

Megaman

NAG, wind your neck in, the only shock result last weekend was Cushendall beating Lougheil. And if you thought otherwise you are totally delusional.

Dunloy beating Ballycastle was not even close to a shock. Dont understand peoples optimism for ballycastle each year, they are a poor side which last weekend showed.

Really pointless debate all the same  :-X