Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonamargy

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 03, 2014, 10:25:31 PM
Quote from: Minder on September 03, 2014, 10:24:00 PM
Sarsfields had a man sent off after about 15 mins too so great performance

Mate was at it and said the lights were pathetic

Straight red?

Yep, straight red. Late pull to the head. Deserved red. Very strange atmosphere at the game. County couldn't even send down two linesmen to a Senior championship match. Cloughmills threw it away again. Should have won both games, they will be kicking themselves tonight, were 5 points up halfway through the second half but then couldn't win a puckout. Sarsfields had a lot of chances of points in the last 15 minutes and hit a lot of wides, but got there in the end in injury time. Was a competitive game, Sarsfields did well to win having played 45 minutes a man short.

Glensman

Straight red?

Straight red. Dirty pull.

Took a run over to it. Given I answered your question I've two of my own.

1. Can a 30 yard free ever become a penalty? Sars man went to hit shot for goal quickly, CMills man stepped across. Moved in for a penalty. They scored the rebound.

2. Quick puck out to a player in midfield who had broken a hurl in last phase of play and was running to sideline to get hurl. He had half a stick in hand. He caught, took 2/3 steps and laid off to teammate. Blown up, free given, point. If you have half a stick is that not technically a stick? Would say 75% of players and refs don't actually know exactly what rule is on playing with no stick, handpassing off if you'd dropped it etc.

Cheers

Glensman

Quote from: Bonamargy on September 03, 2014, 10:33:04 PM

Straight red?

Yep, straight red. Late pull to the head. Deserved red. Very strange atmosphere at the game. County couldn't even send down two linesmen to a Senior championship match. Cloughmills threw it away again. Should have won both games, they will be kicking themselves tonight, were 5 points up halfway through the second half but then couldn't win a puckout. Sarsfields had a lot of chances of points in the last 15 minutes and hit a lot of wides, but got there in the end in injury time. Was a competitive game, Sarsfields did well to win having played 45 minutes a man short.

Pretty much agree with all points. CMills had the winning of both games.

Agree re linesmen - at the very least Ballycastle should have been asked (not Ballycastle fault) to provide linesman. One man in CMills top and one in a Sarsfields top. Needless to say the old GAA beauty of "if it's at our side and there is a shred of doubt it's our ball". Not great in senior championship.

In fairness to both teams while lights didn't look great there wasn't much to suggest they had a huge impact. No real dropped catches/fumbles etc.

Daniel McKernan is a Rolls Royce of a wee player - floats along the ground. Shame he wasn't just a wee bit bulkier.

Mickey Devlin for CMills has the makings of a very good player.

thegladiator

Quote from: Glensman on September 03, 2014, 10:45:17 PM
Quote from: Bonamargy on September 03, 2014, 10:33:04 PM

Straight red?

Pretty much agree with all points. CMills had the winning of both games.

Agree re linesmen - at the very least Ballycastle should have been asked (not Ballycastle fault) to provide linesman. One man in CMills top and one in a Sarsfields top. Needless to say the old GAA beauty of "if it's at our side and there is a shred of doubt it's our ball". Not great in senior championship.

In fairness to both teams while lights didn't look great there wasn't much to suggest they had a huge impact. No real dropped catches/fumbles etc.

Daniel McKernan is a Rolls Royce of a wee player - floats along the ground. Shame he wasn't just a wee bit bulkier.

Mickey Devlin for CMills has the makings of a very good player.

It was a definite red,  it was inevitable as soon as he switched over with jingo. Young daniel is a cracker and is blessed with a good temperament as well which is a bonus. Great for us to get the win and hopefully we will have a few lads back from hols etc and a few injuries cleared up for the semi.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Glensman on September 03, 2014, 10:36:50 PM

Straight red?

1. Can a 30 yard free ever become a penalty?
Sars man went to hit shot for goal quickly, CMills man stepped across. Moved in for a penalty. They scored the rebound.

2. Quick puck out to a player in midfield who had broken a hurl in last phase of play and was running to sideline to get hurl. He had half a stick in hand. He caught, took 2/3 steps and laid off to teammate. Blown up, free given, point. If you have half a stick is that not technically a stick? Would say 75% of players and refs don't actually know exactly what rule is on playing with no stick, handpassing off if you'd dropped it etc.

Cheers

Penalty is when you foul the man in the, well penalty area, foul the ball 21 yard free and if you move it forward for dissent it's still a 21 yard free, anybody can play without a stick stupid rule/nonrule as such
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Glensman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 03, 2014, 11:29:58 PM
Quote from: Glensman on September 03, 2014, 10:36:50 PM

Straight red?

1. Can a 30 yard free ever become a penalty?
Sars man went to hit shot for goal quickly, CMills man stepped across. Moved in for a penalty. They scored the rebound.

Cheers

Penalty is when you foul the man in the, well penalty area, foul the ball 21 yard free and if you move it forward for dissent it's still a 21 yard free, anybody can play without a stick stupid rule/nonrule as such

Cheers - both decisions by Jackie were wrong therefore cost CMills 1-1. A bit of salt in their wounds I would say. The penalty was a pretty game-changing moment as got them some momentum as despite CMills getting a fee points after it they never properly shook Sarsfields off.
Momentum is a mad thing in hurling - seriously hard to break.

Was McKenna injured Gladiator - started very well but faded.

btdtgtt

I'm finding it difficult to believe that an referee turned a 21yard free into a penalty?

Casement saga in court next week it appears.

Bonamargy

Quote from: btdtgtt on September 04, 2014, 09:44:25 AM
I'm finding it difficult to believe that an referee turned a 21yard free into a penalty?

Cloughmills player ran in and tackled McKernan when he was striking the free from 25 yards. Jackie booked the Cloughmills player and awarded a penalty. Sarsfields scored their goal from the rebound.

maxpower

That's unusual.  Though I couldn't claim to know the rules inside out I can't ever recall a penalty being given for an infraction outside the box! 
What happens next????

btdtgtt

Quote from: Bonamargy on September 04, 2014, 10:08:21 AM
Quote from: btdtgtt on September 04, 2014, 09:44:25 AM

Cloughmills player ran in and tackled McKernan when he was striking the free from 25 yards. Jackie booked the Cloughmills player and awarded a penalty. Sarsfields scored their goal from the rebound.

So is this adjudged to be a separate infringement and hence the penalty award?
But surely even this wasnt within the square?
I would have though book the guy and move to a more advantageous position?
Did Cloughmills not go crazy at the time! Seems a strange one to me!

north aontroim gael

Not been on here in a while but congrats to Cushendall. Best team won on the day.

Our lads had a good run and will hopefully be back.

north aontroim gael

Sounds like Cloughmills got a raw deal last night, surely a referee should be fully versed on all the rules of the game? 

manballandall

St galls v sarsfields in corrigan sat week @6pm

sylvieslynanesnutsack

Both semi finals should be close, competitive games. Will be a good weekend of hurling.

NAG1

Anyone actually think Sars will give St Galls a game?