Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

themac_23

Could the Sars replay not have been played this weekend? I know its all football championship games on but with neither of the 2 teams involved in the football championships i couldn't see there being any problems, or is there another reason for this?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 02, 2014, 08:54:47 AM
must admit i was quietly happy with ourselves on saturday. the 3 goals aside we were never in any trouble. i dont think we got out of 3rd gear the whole match.

game as a whole was dead flat for both teams. dont understand ballycastles team line up at all? the best centre half in antrim in midfield? a full back who hasnt touched leather in 2 years in centre half? no sense at all.

we can play much better than that in the semi final but im quiet happy not being the favs for this game.

Yep can't argue with that, Your bench may not be as strong as Cushendall, but your best 15 will certainly give them a game. Cushendall now need to prepare for a different game. Their whole season would have been leading up to that Loughgiel game, so getting prepared for the next game will be key. Should be a cracker
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

thegladiator

Quote from: themac_23 on September 02, 2014, 09:15:02 AM
Could the Sars replay not have been played this weekend? I know its all football championship games on but with neither of the 2 teams involved in the football championships i couldn't see there being any problems, or is there another reason for this?

No, just the usual lack of foresight and planning associated with this county. Would a  loughiel and Cushendall replay been forced to play on Wednesday night in ballycastle? The match was on the county website for saturday afternoon yesterday,  don't know why it was changed.

theskull1

Country teams have played championship midweek up in Casement under floodlights.
We've played StGalls & Loughgiel on Wed nights in recent years.

I would say officials being in Dublin for the AI is the reason Saturday isn't a flyer (not saying its right though)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 02, 2014, 09:19:12 AM
must admit i was quietly happy with ourselves on saturday. the 3 goals aside we were never in any trouble. i dont think we got out of 3rd gear the whole match.

game as a whole was dead flat for both teams. dont understand ballycastles team line up at all? the best centre half in antrim in midfield? a full back who hasnt touched leather in 2 years in centre half? no sense at all.

we can play much better than that in the semi final but im quiet happy not being the favs for this game.

Yep can't argue with that, Your bench may not be as strong as Cushendall, but your best 15 will certainly give them a game. Cushendall now need to prepare for a different game. Their whole season would have been leading up to that Loughgiel game, so getting prepared for the next game will be key. Should be a cracker

ive been thinking that myself, this game will have been a big push for them mentally. it was the same last year against ourselves. we didnt play well and shot bad wides and ended up losing it. Cushendall went to the final and lost. i maintained that beating us was what they pushed hard for that season. Could it be the same this year in beating loughgiel? who know.

loughgiel havent been playing well this year. Eddie mc closkey has been their stand out player all year and without him on sunday past the score would of been worse. a long winter off and possibly some retirements in their team needed.

Cushendalls young team look like they could dominate for a few years now. very impressed with them
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 02, 2014, 01:25:16 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 02, 2014, 09:19:12 AM

ive been thinking that myself, this game will have been a big push for them mentally. it was the same last year against ourselves. we didnt play well and shot bad wides and ended up losing it. Cushendall went to the final and lost. i maintained that beating us was what they pushed hard for that season. Could it be the same this year in beating loughgiel? who know.

loughgiel havent been playing well this year. Eddie mc closkey has been their stand out player all year and without him on sunday past the score would of been worse. a long winter off and possibly some retirements in their team needed.

Cushendalls young team look like they could dominate for a few years now. very impressed with them

They have a great mix of older players, Karl, seasoned campaigners Delargy, Garrfin NMcM and these young lads coming through, Campbell Christy and others. They won't be bullied with the experienced heads about which is brilliant to have. You'll have your work cut for ya's come this match.

BTW, you's also have similar team make up
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Bonamargy

I can't see any reasoning as to why Cloughmills and Sarsfields are being asked to play their championship quarter final at our pitch under floodlights. Our lights wouldn't be at the standard that Casement Park (remember that place?) would have been. They are ok for football, or a pre season hurling friendly at best. Why can they not play the game on Saturday?  The most important games (championship) in all our clubs calendar should be treated with a bit more respect! Handy for me to see the game all the same lol.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Bonamargy on September 02, 2014, 08:31:12 PM
I can't see any reasoning as to why Cloughmills and Sarsfields are being asked to play their championship quarter final at our pitch under floodlights. Our lights wouldn't be at the standard that Casement Park (remember that place?) would have been. They are ok for football, or a pre season hurling friendly at best. Why can they not play the game on Saturday?  The most important games (championship) in all our clubs calendar should be treated with a bit more respect! Handy for me to see the game all the same lol.

Agreed, think it's a bit tough on them but it will be the same for both (equally hampered), hopefully they will have had their carrots, why was there no extra time? All Junior and intermediate games could go to extra time but not senior. Cloughmills to win this

btdtgtt

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 02, 2014, 08:36:14 PM

Agreed, think it's a bit tough on them but it will be the same for both (equally hampered), hopefully they will have had their carrots, why was there no extra time? All Junior and intermediate games could go to extra time but not senior. Cloughmills to win this

Sure let's play it indoor, or in the street.
It'll be the same for both after all.

I raised this a few posts back - it is nothing short of scandalous and represents the utter contempt the club scene is treated with. Yet again.

County takes up all year so one club draw and look at the chaos or shoddy administration - despite the fact this is where the vast majority of Gaels compete.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on September 02, 2014, 10:17:59 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 02, 2014, 08:36:14 PM

Sure let's play it indoor, or in the street.
It'll be the same for both after all.

Now you're being silly, the street lights aren't great ;)

btdtgtt

Sure the DUP are for turning them off!
Must be all the westies running their houses off them!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on September 02, 2014, 10:24:09 PM

So has there been any more development with Casement?

btdtgtt

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 02, 2014, 10:28:32 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on September 02, 2014, 10:24:09 PM

So has there been any more development with Casement?

Social club issue sorted - but still residents issue to be dealt with?
Hardstation will surely know better?

johnneycool

Surely to god there's a standard from Croke Park on the quality of floodlighting required to hold a competitive game, no?

Playing a game in poor lighting can turn the game into a bit of a lottery with someone losing sight of the ball in the floodlights or other.

Years ago I remember playing a winter friendly up in Glenullin who at that time had as good a set of floodlights going and you could see lads struggling for position under a dropping ball coming out of the sky.

Madness if the lights are as Bonamargy suggests!

Megaman

Have to agree with Bonamargy, ive trained a few times under Ballycastles floodlights and while they are very good for that, i certainly wouldn't want to play a very important championship match under them.

What is wrong with Saturday, the Minor Final is set for Saturday.