Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on August 23, 2014, 04:44:46 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on August 23, 2014, 04:29:03 PM
This Clare team are unreal. Pace, physicality and skill all over the field. Young Clarke playing well for Antrim. Great run to set up mcafee's goal.

The goal that wasn't
Put it in with his hand. Clarke got three balls in to him and looks lively
Some basic errors making the score line worse
He'd be a hard nosed sh*te that wouldn't have let that one go in the circumstances.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

sylvieslynanesnutsack

Eoghan Campbell, Stephen McAfee and Jackson McGreevey all holding their own too.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: sylvieslynanesnutsack on August 23, 2014, 04:50:53 PM
Eoghan Campbell, Stephen McAfee and Jackson McGreevey all holding their own too.

Stogie in the game since he moved out
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

theskull1

Such is Clares power, pace, movement, decision making etc.... I see no Antrim player able to hold their own. They play next to no 50:50 balls
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

sylvieslynanesnutsack

Saul also doing well since he came on. Don't talk nonsense skull!!

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: theskull1 on August 23, 2014, 05:03:25 PM
Such is Clares power, pace, movement, decision making etc.... I see no Antrim player able to hold their own. They play next to no 50:50 balls

Their some team
Is that young Burke on Cunningham
He's getting some roasting

north_antrim_hound

Fair play to clare manager on Antrim
Saying Antrim need better matches before this stage
He even slated ulster council

sylvieslynanesnutsack

Agree north antrim he was honest and dignified!! Good to hear.

theskull1

Quote from: sylvieslynanesnutsack on August 23, 2014, 05:06:33 PM

One mans doing well is another mans holding their own it would seem
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: theskull1 on August 23, 2014, 05:32:22 PM
Quote from: sylvieslynanesnutsack on August 23, 2014, 05:06:33 PM

One mans doing well is another mans holding their own it would seem

I thought sol should have started. He must not have been training or something
Some decent performances from some antrim players against a team with players with all iteland senior medals

Clare's better hurling- pace strength, speed of thought all come form better training regimes and tougher matches. Most of those players have trained for years now under davy fitz plus u21 training
Clare spent 900 grand on county teams last year and 1.2 mill the year before
How much did we spend

I was disappointed with out 50/50 ball contesting
You can't stand and watch someone catch a ball and do nothing

The clare manager is dead right u21 and minor into Leinster as well

Problem for us is the good will and commitment there from players, clubs and fans

Anyway well done to clare- what a fantastic team   

btdtgtt

Going into Leinster raises financial questions - it should happen but with our county executive lets not forget sambo wasn't allowed to take a team down for a friendly game!
If it does happen - and I hope it does - it cannot be allowed to paralyse club fixtures otherwise we just go the same way as our seniors.

Bonamargy

Quote from: sylvieslynanesnutsack on August 23, 2014, 03:21:14 PM
Bonamargy, unlike division one, division 2 teams put out full teams for league games and have a big incentive to win the league or come second. Based on that, Sarsfields were a better team than Clooney Gaels last year. Your point on championship quarter final is very valid though and hard to argue with. PS I'm assuming you're either Ballycastle or Carey, based on your username.

I don't think anyone at Clooney Gaels would swap their season last year for that of Sarsfields. As has been discussed on this site in detail this week. Leagues are for playing, championships are for winning. I am indeed black and amber.

sylvieslynanesnutsack

League incentive is different for division 2 teams though.......Don't think a Ballycastle man should be using that quote. Almost 30 years if I'm not mistaken.

Bonamargy

Quote from: sylvieslynanesnutsack on August 23, 2014, 09:30:26 PM
League incentive is different for division 2 teams though.......Don't think a Ballycastle man should be using that quote. Almost 30 years if I'm not mistaken.

28 years. Doesn't mean you stop trying, or place more importance in winning the league over championship. I would swap 10 worthless league titles for another volunteer cup. Only The Shamrocks have more championships than us atm. Nobody gives a fiddlers about the leagues. It is all about championship at all levels of hurling from under 14 feile to the all Ireland championship. Have you not been around hurling for long enough to understand that? I am proud of the history of my club McQuillans Ballycastle. What club are you from yourself? You haven't included that in your profile.

sylvieslynanesnutsack

I agree it is all about championship Bonamargy but surely you can understand the importance of a senior division two team and the importance they attach to gaining promotion. Your own club has done it in the recent past. There is a lot more to be gained in development and experience  (regularly playing the top teams) from this as they have little chance of winning the championship. Ask Glenariffe, Sarsfields, Naomh Gall. Staying or getting promoted to the top flight is high on their agenda. I seem to have hit a nerve. Bit of humility goes a long way.