Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sylvieslynanesnutsack

Well if it's true (i don't believe it for a second) was wondering how that suddenly increases Sarsfields chances? I'm not trying to be smart by the way, but I am interested in your view.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: sylvieslynanesnutsack on August 23, 2014, 01:22:47 PM
Well if it's true (i don't believe it for a second) was wondering how that suddenly increases Sarsfields chances? I'm not trying to be smart by the way, but I am interested in your view.
well, I'm only going by what I was told. Clooney would be favourites with a first choice team but if the injuries are as bad as I've heard then surely it cuts the strength of their team bringing sarsfields more into the equation. By the way, it was a question. 😉
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

sylvieslynanesnutsack

Naomh Gall people may have something to say about that??? Not sure either how you have Clooney Gaels as favourites?? Sarsfields were a better team than them last year and if anything have grown (albeit a little) this year, with the experience of playing better teams.

Seamroga in exile

I never said anything about st galls and neither did the fella I was talking to other than it was a physical game. I don't know what you're getting at.

sylvieslynanesnutsack

Are you talking about hurling championship?

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: sylvieslynanesnutsack on August 23, 2014, 01:40:28 PM
Are you talking about hurling championship?
aye. Apparently they've injuries carried over from the football championship. Am I missing something here? I don't think it's that complicated.

sylvieslynanesnutsack

My point is surely St.Galls are favourites, given it is they who play Clooney Gaels in the quarter final. If St. Galls do get through (take nothing for granted this is a tough game) they again would be slight favourites against Sarsfields.

Milltown Row2

Sarfields have not got past the first round of the Intermediate championship in 6/7 years never mind the senior championship!! Sarsfields will be favs against Cloughmills and we'll be favs against Clooney Gaels, Cloughmills and Clooney Gaels have done well recently in the league and bring form, as for Ahoghill's game against us, it was pretty pedestrian and they must have got hurt somewhere else, I was at the game also and never noticed it being tough.

Sarsfields first 15 is very good, be hard to handle if they all click, be level enough with us, and have beaten us a few times these last couple of years, so there are no hang ups, discipline is maybe their only downfall. I hope we meet them in the semi, petty Casement is gone, would have been a cracking day on the Andytown road
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Bonamargy

Quote from: sylvieslynanesnutsack on August 23, 2014, 01:33:55 PM
Naomh Gall people may have something to say about that??? Not sure either how you have Clooney Gaels as favourites?? Sarsfields were a better team than them last year and if anything have grown (albeit a little) this year, with the experience of playing better teams.

Clooney Gaels beat Sarsfields in the quarter final of last years intermediate championship, so clearly Clooney were better than Sarsfields last year. Still fancy St Galls to beat them this year though. Cloughmills will beat Sarsfields in the other quarter final. Sarsfields never seem to bring it onto the championship field. Will be two tight games in any case.

Seamroga in exile

I don't know why I thought clooney played sarsfields. My bad.  :-[

Anyhow, they've got injuries apparently.  :-\

sylvieslynanesnutsack

Bonamargy, unlike division one, division 2 teams put out full teams for league games and have a big incentive to win the league or come second. Based on that, Sarsfields were a better team than Clooney Gaels last year. Your point on championship quarter final is very valid though and hard to argue with. PS I'm assuming you're either Ballycastle or Carey, based on your username.

sylvieslynanesnutsack

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on August 23, 2014, 03:18:43 PM
I don't know why I thought clooney played sarsfields. My bad.  :-[

Anyhow, they've got injuries apparently.  :-\

SIE I was wondering how we got our wires so crossed

Seamroga in exile

I couldn't make it down for the u21 semi this year. I'll have to watch it on tg4 and try to decipher the commentary with my extremely ropey Irish.

Seamroga in exile

This Clare team are unreal. Pace, physicality and skill all over the field. Young Clarke playing well for Antrim. Great run to set up mcafee's goal.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on August 23, 2014, 04:29:03 PM
This Clare team are unreal. Pace, physicality and skill all over the field. Young Clarke playing well for Antrim. Great run to set up mcafee's goal.

The goal that wasn't
Put it in with his hand. Clarke got three balls in to him and looks lively
Some basic errors making the score line worse
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets