Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Milltown you talk about the scoring averages etc. to avoid cushendall until the final but is it not the case that the semis are open draw? This could then mean 1st and 2nd in the one group could play each other? Or is it open in that you can draw any of the top two in the other group(but not the one in your own)?

milltown row

not sure about draw after groups, would seem only fair though.

last year the johnnies (came second) got Loughgiel (finished first) and the same for the other group. so i was assuming that is the case for this year

Give-it-Timber

Quote from: milltown row on August 09, 2007, 10:00:15 AM
not sure about draw after groups, would seem only fair though.

last year the johnnies (came second) got Loughgiel (finished first) and the same for the other group. so i was assuming that is the case for this year

would seem to be only fair Milltown, but as far as i am aware last year it was an open draw.

not sure though if it was an open draw between all four teams or between each group, but the two teams who came first could have played each other.

waawaa

balboa if anything the slabbering was coming from the glenariffe players....two sent off....one who wasnt even on the field....what was that for? and i would like to know who it was that was doing the slabbering from loughgiel??your dead right....loughgiel could get another kick in the balls this year...but we'll keep pluggin away.

milltown row

balboa and waawaa knock it on the head, sour grapes by balboa and you dont need to rub it in waawaa.

match report please, what were the the positions of loughgiel and what tactics did they play

same for you Skull home work needed for our games 8) dick scoring 2-6 not bad for an aul hand

imtommygunn

Last year the draw was made after Cushendall - Ballycastle.

It coincidentally worked out to be 1st v 2nd in the other group. Like I and give-it-timber said though can't be sure if it's completely open - ie can teams from the same group play each other.

milltown row

would be really unfair lets say loughgiel and dunloy who play last in our group manage to get through (no sniggering please) so the next game they will play will be a championship semi final ??? not right

North Antrim

Waawaaa - another bodie in town - were you playing last night or are you one of the crowd who just shout vulgar abuse!! WaaWaa - do you feel you have improved from previous years??

Its an open draw lads as far as i know - crazy stuff indeed.......Miltown - in your honest opinion - who do you feel youu have a chance of beating - Loughgiel or dunloy?

milltown row

in all honesty North antrim we've no chance of beating them, but we will be giving it a lash and i might eat my words but we will  not drop our heads till the final whistle. it's the final ten minutes where teams run out with a big score.

our lads dont fear teams or reputations, if we had the committment of our footballers we would really have a chance, of taking one of the big teams. in the last 3 championship meetings with loughgiel it's been a four point win for them. Dunloy well they have beaten us handy enough in championship but no cricket score

milltown row

see they are spouting off again on the hogan stand:

Loughgiel Shamrocks
Simply superb performance by the Shamrocks last night, on that evidence, nooone will be able to stop us this year, we have had 4 years of disappointment, but i think we finally showed last night taht we are up for the battle, and big ears will be winging its way to the pound in time for Christmas.

Id go as far as to say that another repeat of 83 is on the cards - this team has the ability to go far.

Up the Shams!
Loughgiel , Ireland , 09/08/2007 at 13:46

Balboa

Quote from: milltown row on August 09, 2007, 03:31:51 PM
see they are spouting off again on the hogan stand:

Loughgiel Shamrocks
Simply superb performance by the Shamrocks last night, on that evidence, nooone will be able to stop us this year, we have had 4 years of disappointment, but i think we finally showed last night taht we are up for the battle, and big ears will be winging its way to the pound in time for Christmas.

Id go as far as to say that another repeat of 83 is on the cards - this team has the ability to go far.

Up the Shams!
Loughgiel , Ireland , 09/08/2007 at 13:46

Par for the course for Hogan Stand, will they ever learn?

waawaa

milltown....do you honestly think this was posted by a genuine loughgiel person?? maybe you should join the hoganstand chat if you think so....

milltown row

just highlighting the pressure that you fans/friends put you under.

are you saying someone from dunloy is putting it on?

kids from all clubs are doing it.....we beat gorts in the football (minor) and you would have thought we won it.

theskull1

Looking at the thread loneshark has started on county championships it would appear that Antrims is a tighter contest (at the top anyway)  than all the other counties listed. Surely thats a positive no?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Balboa

Quote from: theskull1 on August 11, 2007, 10:19:42 AM
Looking at the thread loneshark has started on county championships it would appear that Antrims is a tighter contest (at the top anyway)  than all the other counties listed. Surely thats a positive no?

You could argue Skull that it is tight because there is no outstanding team, will you take them up on the 7/2 about Dunloy??