Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NAG1 on August 19, 2014, 01:58:55 PM
So now the senior league has been wrapped up, what are the thoughts on the split?

Good, bad or pointless?

Pointless if you were in the top league, very competitive if you are in the lower league (1b) Will that help come Championship? I doubt it, I'm glad we've had to work hard in the lower league to keep things going, on top of that we've also been having challenge games.

Those in the top part of the league have used it as they see fit I suppose, rest players or try different formations it's the best way to iron out any problems.......... maybe.

As long as it is 2 down 2 up as it means teams get a shot at div 1. I'd say a lot of the games that people thought were going to be total mis matches ended up to be decent (albeit the better team usually won) outings. The teams we thought would be in the top half are there
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 19, 2014, 02:12:37 PM
So now the senior league has been wrapped up, what are the thoughts on the split?

Good, bad or pointless?

Pointless if you were in the top league, very competitive if you are in the lower league (1b) Will that help come Championship? I doubt it, I'm glad we've had to work hard in the lower league to keep things going, on top of that we've also been having challenge games.

Those in the top part of the league have used it as they see fit I suppose, rest players or try different formations it's the best way to iron out any problems.......... maybe.

As long as it is 2 down 2 up as it means teams get a shot at div 1. I'd say a lot of the games that people thought were going to be total mis matches ended up to be decent (albeit the better team usually won) outings. The teams we thought would be in the top half are there

Yeah I would have thought that was the general consensus, need some way of creating some sort of incentive for the top half. Winning the league is clearly not a priority for any of the top 5.

sylvieslynanesnutsack

If St. Galls stay up that will be some achievement.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NAG1 on August 19, 2014, 02:17:55 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 19, 2014, 02:12:37 PM

Good, bad or pointless?

Yeah I would have thought that was the general consensus, need some way of creating some sort of incentive for the top half. Winning the league is clearly not a priority for any of the top 5.

Never was in the past so what sort of incentive is there? My take on it would be to have a champions league as such. Winners of the league play county league winners of other leagues (probably try a open draw) obviously if its a double winning team the second place team could enter if the club/county so chooses.

Quote from: sylvieslynanesnutsack on August 19, 2014, 02:23:04 PM
If St. Galls stay up that will be some achievement.

You obviously know the league standing at the minute?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

sylvieslynanesnutsack

What is the standing? They must have a chance?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: sylvieslynanesnutsack on August 19, 2014, 02:52:16 PM
What is the standing? They must have a chance?

I thought you knew with that post? Or was that just a wild guess?

sylvieslynanesnutsack

I haven't seen the table so honestly don't know. I know they have won twice from the split and play Sarsfields last.

johnneycool

Quote from: sylvieslynanesnutsack on August 19, 2014, 02:55:49 PM
I haven't seen the table so honestly don't know. I know they have won twice from the split and play Sarsfields last.

Their victory over us was the proverbial 4 pointer and leaves ourselves and Sars at the bottom of the pit.

sylvieslynanesnutsack

Ballygalget I assume Johnny?? What is the points situation?

Milltown Row2

Even if Ballygalget beat St Johns (in Corrigan) they have to score 40 odd points and hope we lose to Sarsfields.

In saying that the Johnnies may throw out their senior citizens for that game lol, they'd rather send us down so there may be hope.

sylvieslynanesnutsack, lazy post with no research  ;D

sylvieslynanesnutsack

Can't find the league table on county website

Milltown Row2

The league table is there from before the split, and the league results are there after the split, so.........

If Sarsfields win both their games they'd be on 9 points and Ports would have to win away to the Johnnies

I think

sylvieslynanesnutsack

Great achievement then!! Very difficult being a dual club were football (I assume) is the priority. Fair play! Top half has been a joke since the split. I've started going to division 2 games instead, much more physical and competitive affairs.

imtommygunn

Good win for rossa minors over st johns in the hurling last night. Is it cushendall in the final?

Saffrongael

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 19, 2014, 03:32:50 PM
Good win for rossa minors over st johns in the hurling last night. Is it cushendall in the final?

Cushendall/Glenarm/Larne amalgamation

;D
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come