Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sleeping giant

Quote from: sylvieslynanesnutsack on August 15, 2014, 11:34:08 AM
Ballycastle are sitting back rubbing their hands at everyone saying that Loughiel will win it easily. Loughiel will beat Ballycastle by 2/3 points in semi final. St. Galls opening game is really tough, nothing will be easy on that side of the draw. Cushendall won't count.
they can rub there hands all they want. Because won't be this year they'll be playing them. Dunloy to beat them by 5/6 points. Loughgiel and dall to be a lot tighter than last year and a young well driven dall team for me  is still a year maybe two years early.  Loughgiel to play the neighbors in semi and to play MR2s men in the final. Here's hoping anyway  ;D
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Sleeping giant on August 15, 2014, 03:42:56 PM
Quote from: sylvieslynanesnutsack on August 15, 2014, 11:34:08 AM
Ballycastle are sitting back rubbing their hands at everyone saying that Loughiel will win it easily. Loughiel will beat Ballycastle by 2/3 points in semi final. St. Galls opening game is really tough, nothing will be easy on that side of the draw. Cushendall won't count.
they can rub there hands all they want. Because won't be this year they'll be playing them. Dunloy to beat them by 5/6 points. Loughgiel and dall to be a lot tighter than last year and a young well driven dall team for me  is still a year maybe two years early.  Loughgiel to play the neighbors in semi and to play MR2s men in the final. Here's hoping anyway  ;D

Here's hoping!!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Mcquillans man

I hope your wrong sleeping giant. I think we can beat Dunloy and give lgiel/cdall a close run in the semi final. We showed gainst lgiel the other nite that we r good enough to compete with them. We had a poor second half but both teams put in a good hard match.

Sleeping giant

Use showed well last year to. And it was double scores come championship.  I just think the town and the dall are to young at the moment. But two super talented young squads. I could well be wrong. It's happened before.

sylvieslynanesnutsack

Would be great for the county to have four or five teams at the Shamrock's level. They have raised the bar over the past four years. Ballycastle are a long time without the big prize (almost 30 years). If they don't win it with this squad in the next 3/4 years it could be a lot longer.

Sleeping giant

Id put money on town winning in next 3/4 years no problem. Like I said. Super talented. But I think they may need beat in a final before they get over the line. Again.  Here's hoping. Lol

btdtgtt

Quote from: sylvieslynanesnutsack on August 15, 2014, 05:28:59 PM
Would be great for the county to have four or five teams at the Shamrock's level. They have raised the bar over the past four years. Ballycastle are a long time without the big prize (almost 30 years). If they don't win it with this squad in the next 3/4 years it could be a lot longer.

Maybe there's only 4/5 in the country!

I agree SG there is a volunteer cup in this ballycastle team but they might need to lose one to win one.

Minder

Watched Cushendall beat Ballycastle in the minor c'ship last night, Cushendall just a bit too strong in the end but Ballycastle led by 7 early in the second half and gave them a better game than I had expected.

Was the other semi between St Johns & Rossa played?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Bonamargy

Quote from: hardstation on August 16, 2014, 10:28:40 AM
Quote from: Minder on August 16, 2014, 10:26:33 AM
Watched Cushendall beat Ballycastle in the minor c'ship last night, Cushendall just a bit too strong in the end but Ballycastle led by 7 early in the second half and gave them a better game than I had expected.

Off til Monday.

Was indeed a good game, I had my hopes up for the win in the middle of the second half. Most of our team are still minor next year and will be hard to beat. Another good batch coming through. Hopefully we can bring them through to Senior success soon.

Sleeping giant

Quote from: groundlie on August 16, 2014, 10:21:01 AM
I can't see for the life of me loughgeil or cushendall winning the championship this year they just don't have the fire in the belly like before.
::).   ;D

Saffrongael

Quote from: Bonamargy on August 16, 2014, 10:56:14 AM

Off til Monday.

Was indeed a good game, I had my hopes up for the win in the middle of the second half. Most of our team are still minor next year and will be hard to beat. Another good batch coming through. Hopefully we can bring them through to Senior success soon.

Would Cushendall not be better giving their own players a place on that minor team, regardless of how successful they are, as they are the fellas they are tryin to develop into senior hurlers?

I think there are five from Glenarm/Larne that start for them. Seems to be win at all costs
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

btdtgtt

Quote from: Saffrongael on August 16, 2014, 09:38:14 PM

Off til Monday.

Would Cushendall not be better giving their own players a place on that minor team, regardless of how successful they are, as they are the fellas they are tryin to develop into senior hurlers?

I think there are five from Glenarm/Larne that start for them. Seems to be win at all costs

Interesting.
Why are these affiliated to cushendall as opposed to an amalgamation?
What is the attitude in cushendall - leaving out their own players? Are the hoping to attract the other players?
Point not remotely anti-cushendall.
I am just curious as to how these things work and who they benefit.
For me it's ultimately about young lads hurling.
It's also an issue in Belfast perhaps even more so.

Megaman

Off til Monday.

Could you explain further why you think this.

So do you think that Glenariffe & Cushendall should turn these kids who have no teams to play for away?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Megaman on August 18, 2014, 10:27:21 AM

Off til Monday.

Could you explain further why you think this.

So do you think that Glenariffe & Cushendall should turn these kids who have no teams to play for away?

If he was associated with a club and these players made themselves available he'd knock them back, he'd rather they played for Celtic
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

So now the senior league has been wrapped up, what are the thoughts on the split?

Good, bad or pointless?