Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

btdtgtt

Are we permitted to discuss master watson's injury? ;)

Megaman

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

NAG1

Quote from: btdtgtt on August 08, 2014, 11:26:22 AM
Are we permitted to discuss master watson's injury? ;)

No

Milltown Row2

So it seems the split in the league has just allowed the ones in the top half to use it for training purposes for Championship, As Ballycastle have rested players against St Johns, Dunloy and now  Cushendall it seems. They should be well rested then for the Big game
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

smitty1982

As far as I know the Dunloy v Ballycastle game is in cushendall

NAG1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 08, 2014, 12:03:01 PM
So it seems the split in the league has just allowed the ones in the top half to use it for training purposes for Championship, As Ballycastle have rested players against St Johns, Dunloy and now  Cushendall it seems. They should be well rested then for the Big game

MR2 what else did you expect, no one cares if they win the league or not. So August is about preparing for the championship, teams will go about that any way they see fit.

johnneycool

Quote from: NAG1 on August 08, 2014, 01:40:16 PM

MR2 what else did you expect, no one cares if they win the league or not. So August is about preparing for the championship, teams will go about that any way they see fit.

All the more reason to make sure you're in the top half, although I don't get the resting players thing unless they are carrying a knock or something as a good run out is more worthwhile that training sessions..

Milltown Row2

Yep I suppose, as a manager I would have preferred momentum going into Championship but cotton wool is ok also
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 08, 2014, 02:07:54 PM

Yep I suppose, as a manager I would have preferred momentum going into Championship but cotton wool is ok also

It depends on your psychological approach; if you are protecting mentally fragile players from a defeat against a team who they face later in the year or whether you are just trying to lull the other team into a kind of false position of superiority.

Or you are giving your squad players the chance to go and fight for a place/ having the opposite effect if they happen to beat said opposition 'sure we beat them with half a team' or the flip side if they are defeated 'sure we had no team out'

Personally within reason should be playing to your strengths all the time because when the pressure comes on around championship time, those team work situations will occur more naturally.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NAG1 on August 08, 2014, 02:12:40 PM

It depends on your psychological approach; if you are protecting mentally fragile players from a defeat against a team who they face later in the year or whether you are just trying to lull the other team into a kind of false position of superiority.

Or you are giving your squad players the chance to go and fight for a place/ having the opposite effect if they happen to beat said opposition 'sure we beat them with half a team' or the flip side if they are defeated 'sure we had no team out'

Personally within reason should be playing to your strengths all the time because when the pressure comes on around championship time, those team work situations will occur more naturally.

creating a game plan will work better in league games than the training pitch, players knowing where to be, where to move the ball, timing runs all of that is better in a real game, also good for management to know if certain systems work or not and allows time to tweak it, can't do that when the ball is thrown in come Championship!!

Cushendall worried about Loughgiel or just concentrating on their own game?

NAG1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 08, 2014, 02:17:33 PM

creating a game plan will work better in league games than the training pitch, players knowing where to be, where to move the ball, timing runs all of that is better in a real game, also good for management to know if certain systems work or not and allows time to tweak it, can't do that when the ball is thrown in come Championship!!

Think everyone is worried about Loughgiel  ;)

johnneycool

Who's managing the bodies this year with PJ out?

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: NAG1 on August 08, 2014, 02:59:27 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 08, 2014, 02:17:33 PM

Think everyone is worried about Loughgiel  ;)

Worried is maybe the wrong word. Expecting or presuming would be closer
There overwhelming favourites. I'd say they worry more than the other clubs
They know if they don't perform on the day and the rivals do it could be tight
But I would be shocked if they don't pull off the 5 in a row
Great team that play to a system.
It's theirs to lose
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Megaman

i honestly believe no team will get within 10 points of them.

Not the best team as such i have ever seen, but the best at playing to a system, which no-one at the minute can cope with.

The only team i think has a chance is Cushendall, but for various reasons, they wont IMHO.