Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruairi Og exile

Cushendall 2-32 to Gort na Mona 1-8. at finish. At the start would you believe was a very competitive match at 5 points each with Gorts hitting some fine scores until we got a goal then it was over. Second Half was shotting practice. To be fair to the Gorts their was no dirt in them & not a dirty tackle all match.

theskull1

Dunloy 5-17 Lamh Dearg 0-6

Another one sided game like the others I see. Seems like none of the weaker sides are going to put it up to any of the stronger sides which is a shame. Club hurling needs 5-6 strong sides rather than the 3 and a 1/2 we have at the minute. I hope youse keep trying
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Balboa

I can see us taking a few steps backwards after this, we had been training well and training was tough but we left it on the training pitch/changing rooms. Loughguile were sharp but we only put up token resistance, still not convinced about them though if you keep Winker out of it. He got sent off tonight but it was 2 yellows.

Ruairi Og exile

Balboa, I thought Glenariffe would have put it up abit more to Loughgiel. it seems this year has been abit of a disaster for yous??

With the three scores tonight, surely it's time to go back to an open draw..& seed the 3 big teams and A.N.Other so that they cant play to at least the semi finals. The 2 groups are a total waste of time

theskull1

Quote from: Ruairi Og exile on August 08, 2007, 11:19:27 PM
With the three scores tonight, surely it's time to go back to an open draw..& seed the 3 big teams and A.N.Other so that they cant play to at least the semi finals. The 2 groups are a total waste of time

For a hurling only club, you'd think you'd be glad of the matches ROe  :-\ . If Clare, Galway etc had that attitude how do you think we in Antrim would feel? Narrow minded opinion to say the least. If you want it to get better then you have to be part of the solution (i.e stick with it and hope that the competition level improves year on year)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

North Antrim

Was at Loughguile game 2nite

Balboa - u cant critisise us now - u lads were equally worse or prob even worse than the show we put up 2 weeks ago....Johhny Tosh was an embarassment imo....

As for Loughguile - they played great hurling in 1st half - very sharp with a real method to their play which they havnt had before. Winker sored an unbelievable goal - beat prob 5 men and ran 7o yards b4 unleashing one into top corner...... there half backs were excellent but like us - glenariife were shambolic...

Championship only begins in mid sept unfortunately :'(

Balboa

Quote from: Ruairi Og exile on August 08, 2007, 11:19:27 PM
Balboa, I thought Glenariffe would have put it up abit more to Loughgiel. it seems this year has been abit of a disaster for yous??

Aye it has, we never competed. Tosh hasnt been at it all year and we need him going full pelt but there are plenty of other fellas that havent stood up to be counted, Tosh always gets brutal criticism from some of our "fans" because so much is expected of him, youse probably have the same sort of supporters that only come out for championship and couldnt hurl stones at the brits themselves. I hope Dunloy or the Dall win it this year after listening to some of the shite from the Loughguile players, they are a good enough team without having to get involved in cheap shit when they are stuffing a team, call it sour grapes if you want but they dont know how their season will end up and it could end up like the previous 4.

North Antrim

Why wot were they at and who???

Ruairi Og exile

I understand what you are talking about in regards to games but most of these games aren't competive. Take the Dunloy v Loughgiel in the group, it's both teams last match & they'll have both qualified so it shouldnt really matter. I think the goup stages suit the big teams so that they have another chance incase they slip up(like us against Lamh Derg last year), where as in straight knock out if one of the the big 3 get beat they are out. The real Hurling doesnt start to the semi final.

Balboa

Quote from: North Antrim on August 08, 2007, 11:35:17 PM
Why wot were they at and who???

What does it matter who it was?

North Antrim

What were they at then???

P.S. Are you entering indoor league with us now ;D

Balboa

Quote from: North Antrim on August 08, 2007, 11:43:30 PM
What were they at then???

P.S. Are you entering indoor league with us now ;D

The nights are drawing in so we might, nah thats us finished for the year i think.......

milltown row

this is what i'm talking aboutthe scores that were put up tonight will go a long way to deciding top spot and in our group avoiding Cushendall untill the final.

i'm not saying that we would beat one of the top teams but if we did we would lose out because of the scoring difference, finish level on points but finish third because of the scoring difference.

we should give it another go next year but with the top teams into the semis right away and the other two teams into a play off for the other semi final spots giving it a knock out effect. this would leave one team from the group definitley out but the rest with a chance and something to play for till the last group match. cant see Lamhs or Glenariffe and Gorts training now untill next year. they will certainly not do anybody else any favours with a shock result.

Competition needs tweaking/fixed yes all the weaker teams need to get to that standard but the results over the last two years should show it's not working. straight knockout? no seeding games all played at neutral grounds anything could happen

waawaa

balboa please elabourate on the shite coming from the loughgiel players....incase you hadnt noticed its championship time and of-course there's going to be confrontation....thats what makes championship 'championship'!!! I was on the field last night and I heard nothing that you wouldn't hear from any team that wanted to win!!! you called it....sour grapes!!

Balboa

Quote from: waawaa on August 09, 2007, 08:38:32 AM
balboa please elabourate on the shite coming from the loughgiel players....incase you hadnt noticed its championship time and of-course there's going to be confrontation....thats what makes championship 'championship'!!! I was on the field last night and I heard nothing that you wouldn't hear from any team that wanted to win!!! you called it....sour grapes!!

I was playing (well i was there anyway  ;) ) and that was "championship" in name only last night, maybe you and me are different but when a team is getting tanked by 20 pts why would you start with that s*ite, running down the other team? Loughguile could end up with another kick in the balls this year so they would be better leaving the slabbering until they win something............