Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Megaman

Well done to Dunloy, better team won and should have been more in it.

But guys are yous serious, that whats far from a good game, the first half in particular was played at pedestrian pace. And i was talking to Dunloy folk at half-time who said the same.

Second half was a bit better but not by much.

Agree shorty had a good game, playing the best hurling in Antrim at the minute by a country mile.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Megaman on July 07, 2014, 09:47:44 AM

But guys are yous serious, that whats far from a good game, the first half in particular was played at pedestrian pace. And i was talking to Dunloy folk at half-time who said the same.

Agree shorty had a good game, playing the best hurling in Antrim at the minute by a country mile.

The man on the tanoy thought it was " a grand game of hurling"
We hit 22 points. When the dall turned up the wick in the second half with more tempo we responded
Imm happy enough
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Megaman

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on July 07, 2014, 09:56:59 AM

We hit 22 points. When the dall turned up the wick in the second half with more tempo we responded
Imm happy enough

it was as exciting as he sounded on that tannoy.

im sure you where happy with your performance, but that still doesn't make it a good game of hurling  ::)

NAG1

Quote from: Megaman on July 07, 2014, 10:05:15 AM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on July 07, 2014, 09:56:59 AM

Imm happy enough

it was as exciting as he sounded on that tannoy.

im sure you where happy with your performance, but that still doesn't make it a good game of hurling  ::)

The man on the mic got it exactly right, it was a grand game of hurling, no one really exerted themselves more than they needed too. Some nice scores some decent play mixed with some slow paced and bad decisions for both. I dont think either will be taking much from it for championship.

But it was exactly what the feis is about a nice game for people to watch, no bother, everyone home happy with no fuss.

theskull1

I thought the flatness of the crowd killed the atmosphere not the other way round. Must be getting too civilised. On the pitch though it looked a fairly full blooded affair with the Brendan McSparran allowing plenty go (some difference to the U16 game which was the other end of the refereeing spectrum). There's no way you could have said the effort from the players wasn't fully committed. Certainly some poor decision was made, but no more than many's a game. Effort and endeavor was on show and some great passages of play. It was an enjoyable game to watch from my POV.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Milltown Row2

Won't matter a feck come Championship that's for sure. That's a serious side of the draw that you lot are in this year, come the final whoever gets through from that side will be well earned, battle hardened and massive favourites for the title.

Was in Ballycran yesterday and for a team at the top of the league by 5 points I wasn't overly impressed by Ballycran, maybe they were missing a load of players but they scrapped past the Johnnies, who in turn missed a right few scores. Now Ballycran hammered us at home so I was expecting a slick outfit, as wee beat the Johnnies handy.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 07, 2014, 12:19:55 PM
Won't matter a feck come Championship that's for sure. That's a serious side of the draw that you lot are in this year, come the final whoever gets through from that side will be well earned, battle hardened and massive favourites for the title.

Was in Ballycran yesterday and for a team at the top of the league by 5 points I wasn't overly impressed by Ballycran, maybe they were missing a load of players but they scrapped past the Johnnies, who in turn missed a right few scores. Now Ballycran hammered us at home so I was expecting a slick outfit, as wee beat the Johnnies handy.

Was down playing recently in ulster semi
A lot of cran players on the panel I would say they where missing some normal starters or tired

johnneycool

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on July 07, 2014, 12:36:44 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 07, 2014, 12:19:55 PM

Was down playing recently in ulster semi
A lot of cran players on the panel I would say they where missing some normal starters or tired

9 or 10 Crans on the Down panel who played on Saturday in Armagh.

Johnnies squeezing in those last fixtures I see.

NAG1

Does anyone know when the cut off point is and how the league stands at the minute?

johnneycool

Quote from: NAG1 on July 07, 2014, 02:12:17 PM
Does anyone know when the cut off point is and how the league stands at the minute?

Up to date league table is on http://www.antrimgaa.net/fixtures-results/?compID=35219&leagueTable=y

Na Glinntí Glasa

dunloy play cushendall this friday night in cushendall. think we only have St Galls at home left to play before the cut off point.
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dunloy realist on July 08, 2014, 08:38:45 AM
dunloy play cushendall this friday night in cushendall. think we only have St Galls at home left to play before the cut off point.

Yep, that's right, the 20th I think. We are just going to take it easy on ya's as we have put our championship prep into motion :P
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

Johnnies great for manipulating fixtures!

I agree with MR2 - nothing matters be it feis or league - until championship.

Quick pointless question?
Who would be top of Antrim transfer market at the moment?!
Shorty get my vote!
Others - Watson or McManus?
McCloskey, graffin?
McAuley?

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: btdtgtt on July 08, 2014, 02:15:25 PM

Shorty get my vote!
McCloskey, graffin?
McAuley?

Shorty
Mc manus
N Auley
Graffin
Mc Guinness

Milltown Row2

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on July 08, 2014, 02:32:33 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on July 08, 2014, 02:15:25 PM

Shorty get my vote!
McCloskey, graffin?
McAuley?

Shorty
Mc manus
N Auley
Graffin
Mc Guinness

No Clarke in these transfers? I'd certainly have him onboard, PJ would be a great addition also, possibly McAfee