Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

youngfella

if that were the case the all ireland final would never go to croker. For how often it happens the ballycastle supporters can travel up to belfast and have a day out in casement.

as for the atomsphere, its the crowds that make the atomosphere not the place, plus i'd prefer to watch it at casement as there no loughgiel folk slabbering on...

THINK BOUT YOUR TRIPS TO THE CITY AND BRINGING BACK THE  CUP, THE CRAIC ON THE BUS AND SINGING DODGE WOLFETONE SONGS..
Pull hard and early

girt_giggler

Quote from: youngfella on August 08, 2007, 10:59:46 AM
if that were the case the all ireland final would never go to croker. For how often it happens the ballycastle supporters can travel up to belfast and have a day out in casement.

as for the atomsphere, its the crowds that make the atomosphere not the place, plus i'd prefer to watch it at casement as there no loughgiel folk slabbering on...

THINK BOUT YOUR TRIPS TO THE CITY AND BRINGING BACK THE  CUP, THE CRAIC ON THE BUS AND SINGING DODGE WOLFETONE SONGS..

Looks like it's a night out since the floodlights are going to be on!

youngfella

giant mirror balls, smoke machines and buckfast!  lights in the middle of summer!! ???
Pull hard and early

North Antrim

Lads i aint making excuses.......I have not questioned our fitness - just made the point that the tight pitch in Loughgiel would suit our players more than the wide open spaces of casement. Our players dont lack fitness - just PACE!!! Anyway if the game is in casement - bring it on. Like a previous member (Girt) i just thought Loughguile would have brought more neutrals to it, created  a great atmoshere etc etc!! Gig Ryan didnt start the last night - so there is no guarentee he will start the final.....Big Hippy is liable to do anything........

Looking forward to seeing Loughguile in action 2nite - will be interesting to see if they have made any progress from last year....my sources tell me they are very much a happy camp att present - on the winker headbutting incident a good mate of mine said that was a bullshit story - that yes they did have words but didnt come to blows.......

Glensman

Go on then... regale us all with the headbutting story.

youngfella

I dont mean to have a go, you dont train the lads (hopefully). But how after training for so look can the lad lack pace ???
from just reading this board it seems that ballycastle do endurance training, short stick and not much else.

who ever is training the lads should pound that they've got this far, but build pace training, psychological training and a bigger vary of stick work drills into there training.

there can be no excuse for training from winter time and having no pace.

Pull hard and early

girt_giggler

Pace or lack of is a natural thing. Yes it can be slightly improved through various methods but in general ye either have it or you dont.  all to do with the number of slow/fast twitch fibres in your body!

Balboa

Maybe Ballycastle should just enter an indoor league/championship thus their lack of pace wouldnt matter, or beating that.....get out in front of the man !!!!!

North Antrim

Girt you have answered it for me. Young Fella - the myth that the more you train the faster youget is crap - the more you train the fitter you get not faster.....Speed is an ability which is innate - therefore the players who are fast at U-12 U-14 will be the players who will still have pace come senior level - fact.....yes you can try to sharpen them up etc etc but you wont make them speed merchants.

Balboa - by this time tomorrow you prob will be entering indoor league 2 - after the pasting you get tonight ;D ;D

milltown row

a bit harsh North Antrim, you'll not be too far behind them, when do you play the Johnnies and Rossa

Balboa

Quote from: milltown row on August 08, 2007, 02:15:19 PM
a bit harsh North Antrim, you'll not be too far behind them, when do you play the Johnnies and Rossa

Exactly Milltown, its the kind of answer you expect from North Antrim though.We may get beaten tonight but we will go out and give a good effort, could you say that about the Town against Cushendall last time out?

North Antrim

U bite very easily Balboa - read my previous posts - we were dire against the Dall. I have no doubt you will give it ur all 2nite but you will stil get pasted!! - We play Gort Na Mona this time 2 weeks at home - then the big one on 31st Aug AWAY to Jonnies - tough one but hopefully by that time we will have U-21 in bag  ;) and a bit of confidence

milltown row

half time at the gorts game 1-17 0-7 till Cushendall!!!!!!!!!!!!

i've a mate at game and he phoned score. Cushendall in slow mode apparently.

might be the biggest score of the year  :-[

doing gorts no good

Square Ball

what was the final score Milltown row?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Balboa

Loughguile 2-21 Glenariffe 1-5, f**k we were abysmal, its as if we were never on the pitch together.No excuses.