Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Quote from: Hurler24 on June 25, 2014, 11:31:10 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 25, 2014, 04:26:24 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on June 25, 2014, 04:19:07 PM
Quote from: mickey80 on June 25, 2014, 04:07:34 PM
I don't think we have anything at all to fear v Offaly on Sunday and the fixture has a win for us written all over it.

p.s. Anyone know how many teams are relegated from our ACHL Divisions 1, 2 and 3 and also, how many teams are promoted?

Do they not normally wait to see who has been relegated first to see if they need to reformat the leagues the following year, I thought that was SOP.  ;)

Only if its Ballycastle lol

I seem to remember Ballycastle recently taking their year in Division 2 and winning it to get back up?However again last year we changed to accommodate Down teams in our leagues!

Yip, OR it could be said the changes were to allow two Belfast teams to come up which I'd suggest was the greater motivation rather than save us from playing in Div2 which we have done in the not too distant past.

winghalfback

Whens the feis cup final this year and who is in it? Normally a good day out when a squad of us go up.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnneycool on June 26, 2014, 08:46:13 AM
I don't think we have anything at all to fear v Offaly on Sunday and the fixture has a win for us written all over it.

p.s. Anyone know how many teams are relegated from our ACHL Divisions 1, 2 and 3 and also, how many teams are promoted?

Do they not normally wait to see who has been relegated first to see if they need to reformat the leagues the following year, I thought that was SOP.  ;)

I seem to remember Ballycastle recently taking their year in Division 2 and winning it to get back up?However again last year we changed to accommodate Down teams in our leagues!

Yip, OR it could be said the changes were to allow two Belfast teams to come up which I'd suggest was the greater motivation rather than save us from playing in Div2 which we have done in the not too distant past.

It's a long standing joke hurler24, they did indeed win Div 2 not so long ago (I was briefly looking after our seniors) they won the league and went straight back up and have improved considerably since. Possible title contenders
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 26, 2014, 12:25:16 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on June 26, 2014, 08:46:13 AM

It's a long standing joke hurler24, they did indeed win Div 2 not so long ago (I was briefly looking after our seniors) they won the league and went straight back up and have improved considerably since. Possible title contenders

Do you think they could beat the favourites St Galls?  ;)

Milltown Row2

I doubt it. With injuries suspensions fatigue all coming from the other side of the draw it will be a walkover ffs
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 26, 2014, 03:27:38 PM
I doubt it. With injuries suspensions fatigue all coming from the other side of the draw it will be a walkover ffs

Ah but they won't have the football injuries either MR2?
If only those pesky glens men would make it fair and be a real GAA club playing football as well!

Minder

I am sure some of you will remember Conrad McDonnell hurling for Glenariffe in the late 80's and then Cushendun from 1992 onwards. He was involved in a very serious car accident in Belgium, hopefully he pulls through but reports are that he is gravely injured.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Seamroga in exile

I wish Antrim had a spoonful of the Kilkenny magic. Unreal team. Brilliant. Galway weren't bad, in fact they were pretty good. They just couldn't raise it again
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

btdtgtt

Heart breaking finish there and possibly the worst thing was the feeling in the crowd that Offaly would steal it all along.
Bith sides guilty of missing chances which demonstrated how neither is ready to play the big boys.
Feel for the players today however.
Well done again the the ballycastle club a great day and they do a smashing job of hosting games.

theskull1

Quote from: btdtgtt on June 29, 2014, 03:42:18 PM
Heart breaking finish there and possibly the worst thing was the feeling in the crowd that Offaly would steal it all along.
Bith sides guilty of missing chances which demonstrated how neither is ready to play the big boys.
Feel for the players today however.
Well done again the the ballycastle club a great day and they do a smashing job of hosting games.

Thats about the height of it. Feel sorry for the players. Some really gritty performances. Very dubious free given by James McGrath there at the end.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Last Man

When word came through to Clones of the Antrim goal we all thought game over, gut wrenching stuff. Watched the Antrim minors, it looked like their first run out this year. A waste of diesel for all concernerd. The disparity in the treatment of the hurlers in comparison to the footballers doesnt help.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: hardstation on June 29, 2014, 06:17:29 PM
Knocked the heart right out of me. We should not have lost that game....but did.

James McGrath can go and fcuk into the bargain. What he gave that free for Ill never know. b**tard.

That's my feeling on McGrath to, he never blew the whistle to be realized cricky was clean through and heading for goal

We should have been further in front to take the hit, missed some feirce sitters you would put your house on

Our goalie was keeping us in there to. For the amount of time we out hurled them it was a very slender lead when mc grath used his influence

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

btdtgtt

Quote from: Last Man on June 29, 2014, 06:06:00 PM
When word came through to Clones of the Antrim goal we all thought game over, gut wrenching stuff. Watched the Antrim minors, it looked like their first run out this year. A waste of diesel for all concernerd. The disparity in the treatment of the hurlers in comparison to the footballers doesnt help.

By ulster council (that's a given) or by our own county?

Antrim Coaster

Quote from: hardstation on June 29, 2014, 06:17:29 PM
Knocked the heart right out of me. We should not have lost that game....but did.

James McGrath can go and fcuk into the bargain. What he gave that free for Ill never know. b**tard.

What did he give that free for? Had a gut feeling Offaly would sneak a goal. Fcukin gutted.

Last Man

Quote from: btdtgtt on June 29, 2014, 07:21:50 PM
Quote from: Last Man on June 29, 2014, 06:06:00 PM

By ulster council (that's a given) or by our own county?
County, footballers decked out in the best and the hurlers get something they found in a cupboard in O'Neills. Not the only problem in the squad granted but it disappointing it crops up every year.