Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btdtgtt

Quote from: maxpower on June 20, 2014, 05:28:54 PM
How does the draw work! Is it not just an open draw with Antrim, Laois, Wexford, Offaly, Waterford, Clare and loser of Galway/kk

There is a number of ways but basically we could draw Offaly or Wexford could play Laois.
Boring repetition - although perhaps better than drawing Clare!

btdtgtt

Can anyone shed some light on the U21 hurling championship?

Bonamargy

Cushendall have up in their Facebook page that St Johns have refused to field in today's final, so the trophy has been awarded to Cushendall. Why would a club refuse to play a county championship final?

Milltown Row2

I was told it was fixed for the week before the Senior County championship by a Johnnies man yesterday, strange
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Bonamargy on June 21, 2014, 03:17:15 PM
Cushendall have up in their Facebook page that St Johns have refused to field in today's final, so the trophy has been awarded to Cushendall. Why would a club refuse to play a county championship final?
They wouldn't play as they've a player playing for Antrim minors tomorrow. Allegedly.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

thedog 83

Total and utter disgrace that St John's won't field tonight in U21 Championship, all because 3 players went on a jolly to America.

Between having meetings with wee Joe to get match off because off Feile, then because of pitch availability, then asking Kevin Ryan to get it postponed due to county fixtures, then finally an injury crisis on morning of the match, unreal!!

I think they should get fined to the hilt and banned from this competition for the next few years. Pure awful decision in not fielding and anyone who says they shouldn't, well that tells another story

btdtgtt

What would the expected result have been?

Sounds like this will end up in a committee room again - the johnnies are not the sort of club to do much without a motive!

theskull1

Great representation from Antrim clubs this weekend in the FĂ©ile, with many clubs going deep into Sunday

The weather really helped make it an unforgettable weekend.

Gutted for our lads just missing out at the final hurdle against a strong Kevin Lynches team in the Div1 cup final, but very very proud as I'm sure all clubs are of how they represented their club and county 
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

north aontroim gael

Skull - was that the Division 1 final your boys played in?  Or the second or third tier of the wider event?

If not the top tier, do you know who won the top tier?

clootfromthe21

Quote from: north aontroim gael on June 23, 2014, 12:14:03 PM
Skull - was that the Division 1 final your boys played in?  Or the second or third tier of the wider event?

Can someone explain the new feile structures to me?

While I would love for the All Ireland under 14 final to have been between Dunloy and Dungiven, it appears there was another feile "final" in Thurles over the weekend with Kilmacud Crokes beating Midleton.

Have the "top" teams in the "top" counties been taken out of the competition?

NAG1

Quote from: clootfromthe21 on June 23, 2014, 12:21:03 PM

While I would love for the All Ireland under 14 final to have been between Dunloy and Dungiven, it appears there was another feile "final" in Thurles over the weekend with Kilmacud Crokes beating Midleton.

Yes

To the detriment of the overall tournament but that doesnt seem to matter to the top brass. Again its a case of the strong getting stronger and forgetting the rest.

Great weekend but just a shame that it has been split in this manner.

johnneycool

Quote from: NAG1 on June 23, 2014, 12:27:35 PM
Quote from: clootfromthe21 on June 23, 2014, 12:21:03 PM

Yes

To the detriment of the overall tournament but that doesnt seem to matter to the top brass. Again its a case of the strong getting stronger and forgetting the rest.

Kilmacud Crokes won the main event in Thurles where I think its played off as a one day event.

TBH something had to be done to stop it getting too serious with teams away on training holidays, bringing another 15 lads for the parades and what not.

How were the representatives from the traditional hurling strongholds who came North at the weekend selected?

Seamroga in exile

I hear the qualifier against Offaly is to be played in ballycastle this Sunday coming at 2pm. Will the result be the same as last time they played up there?
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

theskull1

Yes

Suggest a format that would work NAG? Johnny has pointed out that it was going down a questionable path so I can at least see why it was changed.

Div1 this year would have been essentially Div2 in previous years

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

clootfromthe21

Quote from: theskull1 on June 23, 2014, 03:59:36 PM
Yes

Suggest a format that would work NAG? Johnny has pointed out that it was going down a questionable path so I can at least see why it was changed.

Div1 this year would have been essentially Div2 in previous years

Did Antrim ever have a team (teams?) compete in Division 1? I know they have had teams win Division 2 in the past but there doesn't appear to be promotion/relegation between the Divisions.