Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larnegaa

Quote from: Dunloy realist on June 05, 2014, 08:34:02 AM
well put it this way, we have played our season so far with only one game having woody on. Shorty hasnt hit leather for Dunloy this season. but, we are happy to do so. we have played all our games and havent complained about it.

this isnt the first time cushendall have done this, they did the same thing last year to us leaving a reserve game only to be played. my point is if the rest of the county have to do it why cant they? we are a dual club and have a number of our starting seniors playing football as well.

im not picking on cushendall, rather im irratated at the fact a club can decide what games suit them and when they feel they can simply decide it wont be played.

its irrelevant now as its done and its another game jammed into an already tight schedule.

I know for a fact that it was member of the Dunloy management team that requested this game to be rescheduled.  Sorry to burst your bubble Dunloy Realist. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

btdtgtt

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on June 05, 2014, 10:23:55 AM
maybe the clubs could stand up to the county management and board. Oh wait.......

Better late than never. We can but hope.
Turkeys continually voting for Christmas.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Larnegaa on June 05, 2014, 10:28:54 AM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on June 05, 2014, 08:34:02 AM
well put it this way, we have played our season so far with only one game having woody on. Shorty hasnt hit leather for Dunloy this season. but, we are happy to do so. we have played all our games and havent complained about it.

this isnt the first time cushendall have done this, they did the same thing last year to us leaving a reserve game only to be played. my point is if the rest of the county have to do it why cant they? we are a dual club and have a number of our starting seniors playing football as well.

im not picking on cushendall, rather im irratated at the fact a club can decide what games suit them and when they feel they can simply decide it wont be played.

its irrelevant now as its done and its another game jammed into an already tight schedule.

I know for a fact that it was member of the Dunloy management team that requested this game to be rescheduled.  Sorry to burst your bubble Dunloy Realist. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

well i will burst yours, our manager was at the Laois game and asked the county wigbits to ensure the game was played. come monday it was called off.

go figure.

anyway with the death of Jim McClemments we wouldnt of played the game so its gone and done now.

as i said before, my pick isnt against their club rather the attitude. cdall is a team filled with young talent who can work with any team minus their county men, games should go ahead to give these younger lads a senior game who may not get the chance.

whats done is gone so it matters not, as ive said its yet another game jammed into a tight schedule we are all expected to meet.
hurl like f**k boi!

johnneycool

Didn't Cushendall play the Sars without their county men and get beat?

I'd suggest after that, they're a bit more wary of playing games without their county players.

btdtgtt

Quote from: johnneycool on June 06, 2014, 09:19:44 AM

I'd suggest after that, they're a bit more wary of playing games without their county players.

Precisely!
And even more so - it's Cushendall's decision if they want to play without their players or not!
Not up to Dunloy to decide for them DR.

Bottom line remains they should not be in the position to start with - their players should be available for them!

johnneycool

Quote from: btdtgtt on June 06, 2014, 09:32:30 AM
Quote from: johnneycool on June 06, 2014, 09:19:44 AM

Precisely!
And even more so - it's Cushendall's decision if they want to play without their players or not!
Not up to Dunloy to decide for them DR.

Bottom line remains they should not be in the position to start with - their players should be available for them!

With the extended inter-county calendar then you will have to get used to club hurling in the months of October and November.

btdtgtt

No JC - I think county managers should have to get used to players being able to represent their clubs!
They should manage the teams - not the fixtures.

johnneycool

Quote from: btdtgtt on June 06, 2014, 12:45:44 PM
No JC - I think county managers should have to get used to players being able to represent their clubs!

Are both not inextricably linked?

Bonamargy

The ironic thing about this, is the fact that this years division one format was proposed by Cushendall to help fixture congestion. Teams wouldn't have their county players in the early stages, but after the split would be back to full panels including the county men. 

manballandall

So Ryan complains about the boys having 5 matches in 5 weeks yet has the boys out training on Tuesday night ?
Go figure

btdtgtt

Quote from: johnneycool on June 06, 2014, 02:58:13 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on June 06, 2014, 12:45:44 PM

Are both not inextricably linked?

It might seem like it the way things are at the moment - but they shouldn't be.

Personally I think from the weekend before a county game no club games. Other than that they clubs play away with their players.
In terms of training the county can have call over them and the players got in with their clubs at their own arrangement.
The days of two tiers where players only see their clubs once the county scene ends have to stop - for the good of the GAA right across the country.

Last Man

Can the match be seen on Nordie TV today? Its not listed on my planner.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Last Man on June 07, 2014, 12:20:04 PM
the Kilkenny vs Offaly match is on sky sports lad. 
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on June 07, 2014, 12:22:04 PM

Football?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 07, 2014, 12:32:46 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on June 07, 2014, 12:22:04 PM

Football?
leinster hurling championship.  Sky sports 3 at 6.30 of the pm.  ;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"