Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

Two tough games lined up for the weekend. Will be in Brewster Park but fair play to KR for the great work he is doing and good luck to everyone involved in Portlaoise.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 27, 2014, 09:29:13 AM
How long do we reckon from Belfast to Portlaois?

I suspect the footballers are not going to get much support this year!

SIE fair play to you for going to all these games.

I'd say 2.30 hrs tommy, we are the first game at 2 so given time for additional traffic should leave around 11, couple pints job done
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

north_antrim_hound

This is going to be tough to get a result. Wexford have beat tipp and KK recently in challenge matches
We will drop a man back I would say in first half and try and keep score line tight
If we are in around 3 points adrift or in front going in to the last ten minutes and spring the likes of mc cann or young johnston from the bench then I fancy a win
On league form we most of our damage in that time
There will be a Wexford gameplan for shorty so we need other players to step up from play
Having said that if shorty has a good game then he can't be be ignored for an all star

Arron graffan  has a job to do on Jacob if he starts in the corner but no better man

All in all if the first half goes to plan very confident
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

imtommygunn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 27, 2014, 10:37:07 AM

I'd say 2.30 hrs tommy, we are the first game at 2 so given time for additional traffic should leave around 11, couple pints job done

Cheers MR.

NAH far too early for all stars as usually only business end they care about... Yep Jacob(s) always cause us an awful lot of bother so hopefully Graffin or someone else can keep tabs.

NAG1

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 27, 2014, 02:10:48 PM

Cheers MR.

NAH far too early for all stars as usually only business end they care about... Yep Jacob(s) always cause us an awful lot of bother so hopefully Graffin or someone else can keep tabs.

I would like to see them go and have a real good cut at Wexford, dont worry about the Jacobs etc just be confident in their own ability and really put on a performance. If they do that I would say the result will take care of itself.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 27, 2014, 02:10:48 PM

Cheers MR.

Sorry my mistake I meant all star nomination
If he has a good game v Wexford will be surprised if he isn't nominated
Ciaran Herron got a nomination with a top class performance in one match  against Wexford  funny enough

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

imtommygunn

Yeah but that was in croke park in late july / early august when the journalists were actually watching the matches...

Hopefully he'll have another day out or two after this to prove himself and put himself in the shop window anyway. Big ask but no reason why not.

Sleeping giant

Rip Jim Mc Clements. True gent. Sad to hear of his passing
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Milltown Row2

Anyone at our game tonight at Loughgiel? I see we were only beaten by 3, without our county players so not a bad effort in fairness. I know Loughgiel would have had all their players available ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Minder

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 28, 2014, 10:44:48 PM
Anyone at our game tonight at Loughgiel? I see we were only beaten by 3, without our county players so not a bad effort in fairness. I know Loughgiel would have had all their players available ;)

Beat by 5
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

7 30 PM Loughgiel Shamrocks 3-9 1-10 Naomh Gall Loughgiel Shamrocks  Mark O Neill  Round 5

Ah just seen this on the Antrim website, seems I was texted wrong result!!

Sleeping giant

Use are bound to be favourites for championship MR2
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Glensman

Quote from: Sleeping giant on May 27, 2014, 10:19:44 PM
Rip Jim Mc Clements. True gent. Sad to hear of his passing

+1

Epitome of the word gentleman

Na Glinntí Glasa

who alls headinf to the match on sunday here?

im heading down myself for this game, good double header of hurling.

i did laugh at the antrim twitter page last night where it has listed the sky sports hurling coverage coming up and apparently we are beat already as they have the leinster semi final live of Dublin v Wexford!

should i bet my life savings on wexford then!!! lol
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Sleeping giant on May 28, 2014, 11:47:40 PM
Use are bound to be favourites for championship MR2

I'd say were are  ;D ;D ;D