Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Last Man

Quote from: hardstation on April 26, 2014, 11:14:47 PM
Quote from: Minder on April 26, 2014, 09:30:05 AM
Quote from: hardstation on April 25, 2014, 11:07:21 PM
Watched our minors v St Johns tonight. We won handy enough but some of the hurling was very impressive. Who are the better teams at minor this year? I suppose, who won U16 two years ago? Can't remember.

Hard to tell at minor level but from what I have heard Cushendall will walk the minor championship.
Was asking around today and "Loch gCaol won't be far away" was the message.
they wont be far away but will not prevail regardless from what i have seen so far.

Good stuff.

Bonamargy

Good days hurling ahead and the weather looking good as well.......going up to watch Carey V Cushendall in the North Antrim lge at 12 and then back into the town to watch Antrim V Westmeath. Cushendall without their county players and Carey coming off a good ACHL win over Glenariff on Wednesday night, so I will go for a Carey and Antrim double.

Milltown Row2

been away for a week so missed all the stuff relating to the Glenarm and Lamhs incident, bad stuff altogether and I have no axe to grind regarding the sheep shaggers and chip eaters also ;)

As Skull has mentioned coaches/managers/supporters/da's/ma's/hangeroners have a lot to answer for in some of these games, yes you have to be competitive/tough/strong and whatever else it takes to win ball,  tackle and come out on top but by fcuk lads it should be done within the f**king rules.

I played a Southy game against Lamhs (I'm just using this as a recent example not singling Lamhs out BTW) not so long ago and the young buck that was marking me was sticking tight and being a nuisance, which is fine but after a while he was dragging me/ holding me when going for a ball, this then upgraded to wee slaps when the ball wasn't even near us ffs, told him to wise da fcuk up it was a South Antrim game, needles to say it ended up in a scrap ffs!!

My point is some lads are hyped up to fcuk before a ball is thrown in, some players can't see the difference between hard tackling and dirt, take offence and all hell breaks loose. I hope the lads injury is not as bad as reported and he gets his sight back, regardless of the going on's before the strike, the minute you take aim at someones face with a hurl, expect to do damage. Also when you are giving someone off the ball slaps and the like don't expect someone to just take it, human nature for some people is to just last out, everyone has a breaking point
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

Antrim 7-6 up after 15 mins.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Seamroga in exile

Goal for Westmeath. 1-6 to 0-08

Seamroga in exile

2 quick points. 0-10 to 1-6

Seamroga in exile

0-12 to 1-7 half time.

Seamroga in exile

Wm down to 14 men. 0-15 to 1-9.

Seamroga in exile

Seamroga in exile

Seamroga in exile

0-19 to 2-10.  10 minutes left.

Seamroga in exile

Full time. 0-23 to 2-11

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on April 27, 2014, 04:30:48 PM
Full time. 0-23 to 2-11

Not a great game pJ o Connell MOTM
Young Clark going better
Midfield poor
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

theskull1

Quote from: hardstation on April 28, 2014, 10:28:40 AM
We were very poor for a lot of that game. Just seemed flat and were lucky that they went to 13.
First one for two yellows was harsh. Ref was dishing cards out for very little. I didn't see what exactly happened for the second one.
Shorty and our two corner men were good. That short puckout caper needs put to bed. We fcuked up every one of them.
A win is a win but we'd need to improve on that big time.

We're obviously lacking in the stickwork and trust needed to do it right and you can sense the old school thinking of the crowd created a nervousness about doing it. The better teams have it in their toolbox though to draw teams out the pitch...I think we need to persevere with it
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

theskull1

Quote from: hardstation on April 28, 2014, 10:48:30 AM
Other teams can do it. We, as far as I could see, can't. I don't remember it working once. We never got beyond our own 45 with it.
Better teams will punish us for the fluffing and fumbling we're doing in our own full back line.

Not disagreeing with you there. Still think we need to persevere with it medium to long term. You can tell the players are uncomfortable with it but that not to say KR isn't right trying to get them to accept that from a tactical perspective, corner back need to be able to receive a puck out and work the ball out the pitch the odd time in an attempt to draw out the opposition.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera