Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Not really, the disciplinary stuff is all the same committee and all hurling matters are allegedly discussed at full CB meetings.

Seamroga in exile

Kevin Ryan gurning again. This time about the round robin element of the leinster championship. Apparently it's not what "Antrim signed up to".  So what? Its the same round robin that the other teams involved have to play in. Maybe he wants every game played in ballycastle? Would that please him? I doubt it. Either play in Leinster or get out of it.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on April 25, 2014, 06:49:24 PM
Kevin Ryan gurning again. This time about the round robin element of the leinster championship. Apparently it's not what "Antrim signed up to".  So what? Its the same round robin that the other teams involved have to play in. Maybe he wants every game played in ballycastle? Would that please him? I doubt it. Either play in Leinster or get out of it.

I don't know what's worse Kevin Ryan gurning or you gurning about all things Antrim
Think I'll go for the latter

As they say over your way
Quet your whinging
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

NAG1

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on April 25, 2014, 10:01:37 PM

I don't know what's worse Kevin Ryan gurning or you gurning about all things 'kevin ryan'

Quet your whinging

Fixed that for you!

Last Man

Quote from: hardstation on April 25, 2014, 11:07:21 PM
Watched our minors v St Johns tonight. We won handy enough but some of the hurling was very impressive. Who are the better teams at minor this year? I suppose, who won U16 two years ago? Can't remember.
Cushendall will be the tem to beat.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: NAG1 on April 25, 2014, 11:07:00 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on April 25, 2014, 10:01:37 PM

I don't know what's worse Kevin Ryan gurning or you gurning about all things 'kevin ryan'

Quet your whinging

Fixed that for you!

I was gonna type exactly that but mine covers having a crack at mc manus and not placating Lg prima Dona's

Hard station is your beating St. John's at minor then you should be fit for anyone in north antrim
Good minor team and last year feile success Rossa  looking good

Seamroga in exile

Jesus lads I'm entitled to an opinion. It's no different for Antrim than the other teams involved. It's embarrassing, again.

I think the round robin is a good idea. Surely it would be better to go into the championship proper with three or four wins under your belt. It can only be good for the oul confidence after all. If Antrim don't win through then they aren't good enough. He's the one always gurning about not having enough competition. Well, there ya go, there's your competition. Get on with it.

Minder

Quote from: hardstation on April 25, 2014, 11:07:21 PM
Watched our minors v St Johns tonight. We won handy enough but some of the hurling was very impressive. Who are the better teams at minor this year? I suppose, who won U16 two years ago? Can't remember.

Hard to tell at minor level but from what I have heard Cushendall will walk the minor championship.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

btdtgtt

For years now we've been hearing Antrim complaining about structures and venues.
It's embarrassing - just get on with it.

Do we want to hand pick who we play, where we play them, and how the competition is run?
Why should every other county jump to our tune?

We weren't happy in ulster so got into Leinster.
We weren't happy with playing away all the time - no we get home games.
We weren't happy with one game and knockout - now round robin & play off.

What in gods name else do we want?
Why should the other counties cater for us when they've their own concerns?

Just get on with it and start winning matches!

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on April 26, 2014, 07:43:49 AM
Jesus lads I'm entitled to an opinion. It's no different for Antrim than the other teams involved. It's embarrassing, again.

I think the round robin is a good idea. Surely it would be better to go into the championship proper with three or four wins under your belt. It can only be good for the oul confidence after all. If Antrim don't win through then they aren't good enough. He's the one always gurning about not having enough competition. Well, there ya go, there's your competition. Get on with it.

Mc manus is saying the same thing as you in Gaelic life
If kevin Ryan is asked something by the press he tells them his view
I don't see anything wrong with round robin but I have no problems with someone who doesn't
I think Ryan is doing a good job and wouldn't look on him as a constant gurner
If he was he should be on here with us

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on April 26, 2014, 02:40:48 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on April 26, 2014, 07:43:49 AM

Mc manus is saying the same thing as you in Gaelic life
If kevin Ryan is asked something by the press he tells them his view
I don't see anything wrong with round robin but I have no problems with someone who doesn't
I think Ryan is doing a good job and wouldn't look on him as a constant gurner
If he was he should be on here with us
Neil and me agree on a few things in the "real world".   ;)

All you have to do is take a look at the interviews Ryan has given in the past few months/years. He gurns about something in most of them.

btdtgtt

Minor championship HS.
Regardless if a city team wins it never converts much to senior?
Still - success of sorts nonetheless.

btdtgtt

Oh so huffy!
I said it was success if any team win it!
But I would love Rossa & StJohns to solve the long standing problem of bringing teams from minor to senior - so many issues.

btdtgtt

Yes success but surely the main function of underage grade is to supply players to senior - which is where our city clubs seem to fall down.
We all know the reasons and it's not thru a lack of effort on the clubs part.
Who is taking Rossa minors?
By the way I've no such pockets - at the moment just loose change!

orangeman

Quote from: hardstation on April 27, 2014, 12:24:49 AM
FWIW at this stage. Casement Social Club are running a bus to Ballycastle tomorrow.

Our County have decided not to promote it. Nice.

That's not to mention that 100% of the club's profits go to Antrim GAA.

Would it not be within their interest to promote the bus?

Sounds like a pile of childer arguing about a school bag in a playground.

Time somebody else came in and sorted this relationship out once and for all.

Kick whoever needs kicked out whenever.