Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bogball88

Sounds a bit like the 24 hours sit in at Camp Twaddell  ;D

johnneycool

Quote from: btdtgtt on April 14, 2014, 10:43:43 AM
I'm shocked a man of Peter Quinn stature would permit this debacle once he's involved as it reflects on him.

Evidently Peter works in the shadows and no doubt his name won't be put to anything in relation to this. I'd have held him in high regard, but unless he and/or the Ulster council come out and make a statement clarifying their official position on the future of the Casement Social club then you can be sure they're the ones pulling the strings with Jim and Frankie being put out to get fed to the lions with the buy off of a cushy wee number in the new stadium being their pay off.

HS,
Did the Casement lads minute the meeting with PQ?

johnneycool

Quote from: hardstation on April 14, 2014, 10:51:46 AM
Quote from: johnneycool on April 14, 2014, 10:48:55 AM
I'm shocked a man of Peter Quinn stature would permit this debacle once he's involved as it reflects on him.

Evidently Peter works in the shadows and no doubt his name won't be put to anything in relation to this. I'd have held him in high regard, but unless he and/or the Ulster council come out and make a statement clarifying their official position on the future of the Casement Social club then you can be sure they're the ones pulling the strings with Jim and Frankie being put out to get fed to the lions with the buy off of a cushy wee number in the new stadium being their pay off.

HS,
I'm not sure but the meeting was held in the court where both side's legal teams were present along with an independant mediator.

Then surely it was minuted, with both sides agreeing the outcomes and signing up to it, no?

johnneycool

Quote from: hardstation on April 14, 2014, 10:59:39 AM
Quote from: johnneycool on April 14, 2014, 10:56:51 AM

HS,
I'm not sure but the meeting was held in the court where both side's legal teams were present along with an independant mediator.

Then surely it was minuted, with both sides agreeing the outcomes and signing up to it, no?
I imagine so. I mean, they issued a joint statement.

Aye, but that'd be the wishy washy stuff about amicable agreements and all that, but the devil will be in the detail.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: johnneycool on April 14, 2014, 11:01:24 AM
Quote from: hardstation on April 14, 2014, 10:59:39 AM
Quote from: johnneycool on April 14, 2014, 10:56:51 AM

HS,

I imagine so. I mean, they issued a joint statement.

Aye, but that'd be the wishy washy stuff about amicable agreements and all that, but the devil will be in the detail.

I think what JC is trying to say is was it officially recorded at the meetings and acknowledged by both parties

The problem with a gentlemans agreement is your first need two gentlemen
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Na Glinntí Glasa

so its all sorted out now, can we now build this fecking stadium! lol
hurl like f**k boi!

Glensman

Quote from: Dunloy realist on April 15, 2014, 08:56:11 AM

Was there a further update overnight?

NAG1

Still the residents to appease before it can be built I would say, not sorted yet.

johnneycool

Quote from: hardstation on April 15, 2014, 09:27:39 AM
The latest stunt appears to have been done at the hands of our county board and the total half-wits in O'Haire Solicitors. Gerry has played a real blinder in all of this.

Ulster Council claim to have been oblivious to the recent letter and are therefore leaving the blame firmly at Antrim's door. Believe them? Not sure but I can't see any reason why they would have sent the letter and then backtrack like fcuk along with getting more negative publicity.

The personnel on our county executive are thick enough to do it, that is for sure. It is high time the Ulster Council told them to stay the fcuk out of the road. The interviews for the stadium management positions should be fun.

Quote from: NAG1 on April 15, 2014, 09:23:02 AM

Still the residents to appease before it can be built I would say, not sorted yet.
True.

What interviews?

NAG1

Quote from: hardstation on April 15, 2014, 12:50:12 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on April 15, 2014, 12:43:36 PM
The latest stunt appears to have been done at the hands of our county board and the total half-wits in O'Haire Solicitors. Gerry has played a real blinder in all of this.

Ulster Council claim to have been oblivious to the recent letter and are therefore leaving the blame firmly at Antrim's door. Believe them? Not sure but I can't see any reason why they would have sent the letter and then backtrack like fcuk along with getting more negative publicity.

The personnel on our county executive are thick enough to do it, that is for sure. It is high time the Ulster Council told them to stay the fcuk out of the road. The interviews for the stadium management positions should be fun.

True.

What interviews?
Surely the GAA would advertise these jobs and use the correct process in selecting their candidates?

There is no 'surely' about it, any job in the new stadium will have to be advertised in the normal way that any job would be.
With the amount of public money going into this there will be no alternative to this.

btdtgtt

If it's a GAA position in can be an internal appointment like any other organisation - it depends on who the actual employer is.

Minder

Quote from: NAG1 on April 15, 2014, 01:44:58 PM

True.

What interviews?
Surely the GAA would advertise these jobs and use the correct process in selecting their candidates?

There is no 'surely' about it, any job in the new stadium will have to be advertised in the normal way that any job would be.
With the amount of public money going into this there will be no alternative to this.

They will advertise it but they can still give it to whoever they want. It will probably just be a paper exercise.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

NAG1

Quote from: Minder on April 15, 2014, 10:02:16 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on April 15, 2014, 01:44:58 PM

True.

What interviews?

They will advertise it but they can still give it to whoever they want. It will probably just be a paper exercise.

I am not saying that this is or wont be the case but what I am saying is that these jobs will be advertised and will be interviewed for and those involved would be extremely naive (which we all know has been the case in the past) if they think they can give out jobs for the boys. If I was applying for one of these jobs and was suitably qualified and didnt get it over a candidate who was not, my legal counsel would be all over it.

btdtgtt

If an employer creates a new position within their company they are not obliged to fulfill it externally - it's the same for any company.
If a job created by the new stadium is under the employment of Ulster Council there is nothing to stop them appointing from within.
But if the public money means the job is under the auspices or funding of different body/organisation - then obviously it will need to be advertised. And the associated public scrutiny like independent monitoring & FoA etc.
We can just wait and see what happens.

NAG1

Quote from: btdtgtt on April 16, 2014, 09:14:59 AM
If an employer creates a new position within their company they are not obliged to fulfill it externally - it's the same for any company.
If a job created by the new stadium is under the employment of Ulster Council there is nothing to stop them appointing from within.
But if the public money means the job is under the auspices or funding of different body/organisation - then obviously it will need to be advertised. And the associated public scrutiny like independent monitoring & FoA etc.
We can just wait and see what happens.

Im assuming there will be a new company set up as a stadium management company no?