Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: CornerBackNo2 on April 06, 2014, 06:33:35 PM
St John's 1-17 Sarsfields 1-15
To be honest I'd have expected the johnnies to win by more. Good performance by sarsfields?
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Bonamargy

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on April 06, 2014, 05:18:02 PM
Ballycastle 2-12 ballycran 5-12

Bad start today. Were 15 down at half time as well. Hopefully a wake up call and better next time out V portaferry.

johnneycool

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on April 06, 2014, 05:16:11 PM
Won 1-16 to 0-06

Surprised it wasn't more TBH with the team we put out as we'd a few 'junior' hurlers in key positions due to an ever growing injury list for some unknown reason, but its not a game we'd be expecting to win anyway. We'll need to get a few lads back and quick if we've any aspirations of a top 5 finish.
Crans will be the pick of the Ards teams this year if they can get a scoring forward or two.

btdtgtt

Any more match info especially from the City teams?

Shared check-in lounge with a Cork man - not optimistic about the year ahead.
Imagine if he had to support Antrim!

Hopefully the club games started with a bang.

All seeing I

Quote from: btdtgtt on April 08, 2014, 09:41:40 AM

St Johns and Sarsfields reportedly not of the highest standard - but its only the first game.
St Galls reportedly had underfiring forwards. Matched Cushendall but couldnt finish.
Portaferry may live to regret not bagging a couple of points against Dunloy later in the year.
Surprised at Ballycastle. Thought they would have won that one at home

NAG1

Quote from: All seeing I on April 08, 2014, 10:40:51 AM

St Johns and Sarsfields reportedly not of the highest standard - but its only the first game.
St Galls reportedly had underfiring forwards. Matched Cushendall but couldnt finish.
Portaferry may live to regret not bagging a couple of points against Dunloy later in the year.

Really strange comment there

btdtgtt

Thanks very much no doubt will get the low-down when I get back.
Didn't realise there's now a big gap in fixtures again.

Sleeping giant

Shocking bit of news today.  Heard a whisper a few months back,didnt believe it. Shams  rocked as pj steps aside. Am quessing the big mans ankle has him fecked.  Shed any light SIE? 
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Sleeping giant on April 08, 2014, 11:55:28 AM
Shocking bit of news today.  Heard a whisper a few months back,didnt believe it. Shams  rocked as pj steps aside. Am quessing the big mans ankle has him fecked.  Shed any light SIE?
Not that shocking really SG. He was supposed to go for the operation in January but postponed it until May. It's going to take at least 2 months before he's up and about again. So Joe is taking over the management reigns. Pj will be back as a trainer when he's able. And then the whole management team are standing down at the end of this season. Time to move on. And who knows, maybe another management appointment awaits?   ;)  :-X

Sleeping giant

Lol  well obviously another one awaits. Were good lad. But still need a gaffer. Lol
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Sleeping giant on April 08, 2014, 01:32:14 PM
Lol  well obviously another one awaits. Were good lad. But still need a gaffer. Lol

Busy  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

All seeing I

Quote from: NAG1 on April 08, 2014, 11:11:35 AM

Just from the point of view that it was a tight game that they may have gotten something from considering how badly they fared last year. I would have expected Dunloy to have beaten them quite handily to be honest, but with the tight scoreline if Portaferry had have pushed on that would have been a big two points for them for later in the season.
No slight on Dunloy.

btdtgtt

NAG1

Quote from: All seeing I on April 08, 2014, 03:07:24 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on April 08, 2014, 11:11:35 AM

Just from the point of view that it was a tight game that they may have gotten something from considering how badly they fared last year. I would have expected Dunloy to have beaten them quite handily to be honest, but with the tight scoreline if Portaferry had have pushed on that would have been a big two points for them for later in the season.
No slight on Dunloy.

No just thought that it was strange, Dunloy would still be favs to beat Portaferry most days is all. Think unfortunately over the past few seasons the level of the Ards clubs has dropped off a bit.

Seamroga in exile