Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btdtgtt

Another dis-heartening loss.

Is it Kevin Ryan & Neil McManus fault or is it loughgiel's fault!

Or is this just representative of our lower status in the game?

thedog 83

Does anyone know the way relegation works from NHL1B?  If Antrim finish bottom (which i presume is gonna happen)  do they get relegated straight off, or do they play a relegation playoff?

btdtgtt

I think there's an endless stream of play-offs which halt club games - and then they re-structure the leagues anyway.

Then come summer another endless stream of county championship games and play-offs - which again halt all club games.

At the end of it nothing is really lost and certainly nothing is gained.

It was the same last year - and it will be the same next year.

Throw in a bit of a fuss over Liam Watson and that's Antrim hurling summed up.

maxpower

Two bottom teams play off the loser then plays off against winner of Div2!

What happens next????

johnneycool

Quote from: maxpower on March 10, 2014, 08:22:18 AM
Two bottom teams play off the loser then plays off against winner of Div2!

For some strange reason I think its only the relegation/promotion from Div1B/Div2A where this process is in place!!

Kerry with half a dozen Tipp lads would be strong favourites to be topping Div2A and won't be easy pickings for Antrim..

btdtgtt

Did Naomh Gall play Rossa at the weekend MR2?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on March 10, 2014, 09:24:35 AM

Played them last week lost by a couple of points, beat Portaferry on Sat and the reserves (I played, legs sore today) O'Dees on Sunday.

Rossa Played Johnneys team on Sunday, was a ok affair till it got a little fiesty at the end, Rossa with the bare minimum and Ballygalget missing county lads.

Whats the story with a lot of Antrim teams not playing the Ulster League?

Any other challenge games this weekend?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Last Man

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 10, 2014, 09:29:24 AM

Played them last week lost by a couple of points, beat Portaferry on Sat and the reserves (I played, legs sore today) O'Dees on Sunday.

Rossa Played Johnneys team on Sunday, was a ok affair till it got a little fiesty at the end, Rossa with the bare minimum and Ballygalget missing county lads.

Most of the NA teams have opted for the NA winter league, its easier on the diesel. We played Cloughmills yesterday, beat by 2 points. They were missing a few and shot a lot of wides but was a good tough clean game. Good to get at it again.

Milltown Row2

Aye Last Man , it's about clearing the cobwebs before the season starts in 4 weeks. Still plenty of mistakes and wrong calls to iron out but that's what these games are for
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

All seeing I

MR2, according to administrators, the Ulster League is being re formatted this year. Allegedly it is going to be run throughout the season and not just a pre season thing. In addition, it will not include the Antrim teams. Possibly a way of developing hurling throughout the province.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: All seeing I on March 10, 2014, 09:54:45 AM

MR2, according to administrators, the Ulster League is being re formatted this year. Allegedly it is going to be run throughout the season and not just a pre season thing. In addition, it will not include the Antrim teams. Possibly a way of developing hurling throughout the province.

Would playing teams in Antrim improve the standard? Either or we've been flat out with challenge games, 4 weeks to the Ballycran game at home

johnneycool

That remains to be seen.

The downside of the changes to the UHL is that we now need to go looking friendlies, Rossa past and Faughs of Dublin next weekend..

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnneycool on March 10, 2014, 10:24:08 AM

That remains to be seen.

The downside of the changes to the UHL is that we now need to go looking friendlies, Rossa past and Faughs of Dublin next weekend..

We are off to Dublin next weekend also. Makes a lot of sense playing Dublin teams, only a hour and half away to northside Dublin

Bonamargy

Quote from: Last Man on March 10, 2014, 09:40:21 AM

Most of the NA teams have opted for the NA winter league, its easier on the diesel. We played Cloughmills yesterday, beat by 2 points. They were missing a few and shot a lot of wides but was a good tough clean game. Good to get at it again.

Ulster league is running from June to August so doesn't suit the Antrim Clubs to enter. After yesterday's game, Ballycastle have withdrawn from the North Antrim league to try and get more competitive games. We beat Glenarm yesterday 4-24 to 1-03. Need to play teams closer to our level to get ready for ACHL.

Milltown Row2

Hmmm, the North Antrim league thing should have been graded surely?