Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on March 06, 2014, 06:52:17 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on March 06, 2014, 06:43:24 PM
Looks to be that croke park confirmed it. Happy days.

Aye, great news. Slap it up Ballysaggart but suppose we have our fair share of clubs that like to appeal when they don't get things their own way.

Get them out there Paddy, I know a few alright, cnuts ;)

Quote from: hardstation on March 06, 2014, 06:54:28 PM
Still cheated their way to a now hollow All Ireland.

how's that? surely the rule was wrong ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Quote from: hardstation on March 06, 2014, 06:54:28 PM
Still cheated their way to a now hollow All Ireland.

Ai shame on that 16 year old for scorin 1-3 ???

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on March 06, 2014, 07:39:27 PM
Ach, it's one to forget rather than celebrate. I mean, it's tainted success. This whole episode has sullied it altogether.

Totally, but I'd say they are celebrating right now all over again
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

I think ballysaggart (town of the priest?) are the only ones tainted - in time we'll just know Creggan won an all-Ireland and fair play to them!

Will the GAA learn the lesson and copper fasten the rules?

And let's hear some bitching about clubs appealing!

keep her low this half

How is winning an all ireland ( or indeed any senior match ) tainted by winning with a 16 year old??? If Creggan have been able to coach their 16 year olds to be good enough to win an all ireland then well done Creggan. It is a stupid rule introduced by people from big clubs who have no interest in supporting struggling junior clubs in either code.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on March 06, 2014, 02:29:34 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on March 06, 2014, 02:24:46 PM
Back in my day there were attempts to merge the hurling and football clubs as 'it would mean more money for both due to the increase in the amalgamated clubs memberships'. The hurlers resisted it back then as a rather odious gentleman from my own county was/is heavily involved in the football side and you wouldn't trust him as far as you could throw him.
:o

He he....
The Liatroim fella?

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: keep her low this half on March 06, 2014, 08:52:42 PM
How is winning an all ireland ( or indeed any senior match ) tainted by winning with a 16 year old??? If Creggan have been able to coach their 16 year olds to be good enough to win an all ireland then well done Creggan. It is a stupid rule introduced by people from big clubs who have no interest in supporting struggling junior clubs in either code.

that makes no sense whatsoever.

regardless its good that that saga is over and put to bed. the GAA need to clarify this rule much clearer so as to avoid these silly things happening again.
hurl like f**k boi!

btdtgtt

Quote from: Dunloy realist on March 07, 2014, 08:43:33 AM

regardless its good that that saga is over and put to bed. the GAA need to clarify this rule much clearer so as to avoid these silly things happening again.

The rule was originally introduced at the behest of the "burn-out" agenda - but its fair to say it generally benefits the larger clubs who dont need to rely on players lower down in age groups.

I don't see any point in debating the rule - after all it was passed at Congress so that says enough.

Maybe it will be changed or clarified in the attempts to avoid this happening in the future.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on March 07, 2014, 09:16:45 AM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on March 07, 2014, 08:43:33 AM

The rule was originally introduced at the behest of the "burn-out" agenda - but its fair to say it generally benefits the larger clubs who dont need to rely on players lower down in age groups.

I don't see any point in debating the rule - after all it was passed at Congress so that says enough.

Maybe it will be changed or clarified in the attempts to avoid this happening in the future.

With Creggan getting the nod it's seems there were no issues with it, they got a ruling from Croke Park prior to the semi finals and played the players based on that. The kid was over age after Jan 1st so allowed to play in senior competition job done. Ballysagart didn't even lodge the complaint within the 3 day appeal limit so they were trying to ensure Creggan didn't win either ffs, well they will be remembered for all the wrong reasons, while Creggan will be remembered as the first Antrim club to win the Junior All Ireland Hurling Championship, fair fcuks to them

Sleeping giant

Delighted is an understatement!!!!   As for the tainted post,  such a load of balls!!!  The Waterford men is all that is tainted.  Fair play creggan.  Back on another 3 day rip!!!  ;D
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Milltown Row2

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Sleeping giant

See on the hoganstand a Waterford man claiming ballysaggart has been "hung out to dry" by croke park. And that they can hold there heads high.   Am I seeing different here.  Would anyone take anything out of getting awarded a game?  For I'd rather be bait out the gate as try to win it behind closed doors. 
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Sleeping giant on March 07, 2014, 12:12:46 PM
See on the hoganstand a Waterford man claiming ballysaggart has been "hung out to dry" by croke park. And that they can hold there heads high.   Am I seeing different here.  Would anyone take anything out of getting awarded a game?  For I'd rather be bait out the gate as try to win it behind closed doors.

They should know when to button it. Getting boring now...

Minder

Laois 2-21 Antrim 0-21 FT
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"