Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btdtgtt

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on March 06, 2014, 09:22:40 AM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on March 05, 2014, 05:49:30 PM
I agree.  Looks bad, IMO they should scrap the rule now also.I seen somewhere that the same thing happened and the results stood a few years back.  So I can't see why it's taken so long. Which has me thinking they'll get fcuked!!

How can they take this title of creggan, especially since the eligibility rule contested is so grey. At worst you could say creggan exploited a loophole at best they won it with two kids playing
My view is there playing senior hurling this year anyway so what's the big deal.
Ballysagart couldn't win this on the pitch after two attempts
I think if they win this in the corridors of croke park it will send out a worse message for future queries on rule interpretation
I see there manager apologised to the Wicklow ref but didn't apologise to creggan for calling them a bunch of footballers
Apart from the manager I don't think that the irish examiner has been impartial which is poor form also

Creggan are senior?

btdtgtt

Quote from: paddyjohn on March 06, 2014, 11:49:03 AM
I see a few county players having a pop at UUJ for not supplying a bus or tops to the Freshers who were playing in an all Ireland semi final. Surely can't be right!

Can't possibly be true - Ulster hurling is always fully back and promoted - money is never a problem.  ;)

CSC

Isn't the hurling club a seperate club in UUJ, so they get their own grant from the university for jerseys / travel to championship / playoff games.

So are they giving out about themselves, i.e they are not capable of running their own club?

NAG1

Quote from: CSC on March 06, 2014, 12:35:07 PM
Isn't the hurling club a seperate club in UUJ, so they get their own grant from the university for jerseys / travel to championship / playoff games.

So are they giving out about themselves, i.e they are not capable of running their own club?

Also was there not a case of a bus being damaged on the return trip of an away match earlier in the year and this is why the bus company used will not supply a bus? Genuine question and not saying what I had heard was complete fact.

Sleeping giant

I no and have been talking to about 10 lads that has been there or still go there.   And they say it's an absolute joke!!   All money is filtered into the football some way or another.  So surely they no what there talking about having went there.  Lads getting set up with fake corses and getting back handers to actually play bog ball for them.  Having never actually set foot in the place!! 
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Sleeping giant

Just stating that money getting used on things such as this when they could have got the hurlers a set of jerseys.  No???

NAG1

Quote from: hardstation on March 06, 2014, 01:56:42 PM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on March 06, 2014, 01:53:58 PM
I no and have been talking to about 10 lads that has been there or still go there.   And they say it's an absolute joke!!   All money is filtered into the football some way or another.  So surely they no what there talking about having went there.  Lads getting set up with fake corses and getting back handers to actually play bog ball for them.  Having never actually set foot in the place!!
Of what relevance is this?

This is more or less an urban myth now, the colleges football is so well followed now that there is no way colleges would get away with this now.

Plus the clubs and societies are funded individually, so if the hurling club are short of money for jerseys or transport then that is their own doing. The other clubs raise money through sponsorship or events, was this not the case for the hurlers this year? Just for clarity, one club cannot access the money allocated to another club.

johnneycool

Back in my day there were attempts to merge the hurling and football clubs as 'it would mean more money for both due to the increase in the amalgamated clubs memberships'. The hurlers resisted it back then as a rather odious gentleman from my own county was/is heavily involved in the football side and you wouldn't trust him as far as you could throw him.

Not sure how they're organised now though, maybe Dingy is taking too much coin to manage them and they can't afford jerseys!!

Sleeping giant

Again.  Only really saying what I have been told by a numbers of lads. Don't no much about it nag.  So I quess am best not to say much about it.

NAG1

Quote from: Sleeping giant on March 06, 2014, 02:27:16 PM
Again.  Only really saying what I have been told by a numbers of lads. Don't no much about it nag.  So I quess am best not to say much about it.

Yeah I know SG but the same stuff keeps getting said about this subject year on year and usually ends up being the fact that the hurlers didnt bother their ass to do any fund raising and want to borrow kit of the other clubs to fulfil their fixtures.
Im open to being proved wrong in this case, but I know it has been the case in the past.

Quote from: hardstation on March 06, 2014, 02:29:34 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on March 06, 2014, 02:24:46 PM
Back in my day there were attempts to merge the hurling and football clubs as 'it would mean more money for both due to the increase in the amalgamated clubs memberships'. The hurlers resisted it back then as a rather odious gentleman from my own county was/is heavily involved in the football side and you wouldn't trust him as far as you could throw him.
:o

He he....

Dont think he has become any more trustworthy in intervening years JC nor could you throw him any further at this point!

NAG1

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: btdtgtt on March 06, 2014, 12:23:27 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on March 06, 2014, 09:22:40 AM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on March 05, 2014, 05:49:30 PM
I agree.  Looks bad, IMO they should scrap the rule now also.I seen somewhere that the same thing happened and the results stood a few years back.  So I can't see why it's taken so long. Which has me thinking they'll get fcuked!!

How can they take this title of creggan, especially since the eligibility rule contested is so grey. At worst you could say creggan exploited a loophole at best they won it with two kids playing
My view is there playing senior hurling this year anyway so what's the big deal.
Ballysagart couldn't win this on the pitch after two attempts
I think if they win this in the corridors of croke park it will send out a worse message for future queries on rule interpretation
I see there manager apologised to the Wicklow ref but didn't apologise to creggan for calling them a bunch of footballers
Apart from the manager I don't think that the irish examiner has been impartial which is poor form also

Creggan are senior?

I meant the two lads are playing senior as in not minor
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

paddyjohn

Creggan still AI champions going by their chairmans Twitter

imtommygunn

Looks to be that croke park confirmed it. Happy days.

paddyjohn

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 06, 2014, 06:43:24 PM
Looks to be that croke park confirmed it. Happy days.

Aye, great news. Slap it up Ballysaggart but suppose we have our fair share of clubs that like to appeal when they don't get things their own way.