Was that at the weekend SIE?

RIP Whacker
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Seamroga in exile

"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

north aontroim gael

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on March 04, 2014, 09:16:50 AM
Rest in peace Bushwhacker.

RIP indeed.  A true gentleman and entertainer.

Bonamargy

Was there ever a decision made on the Ballysaggart appeal against Creggan? Haven't heard anything yet.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Bonamargy on March 04, 2014, 07:37:37 PM
Was there ever a decision made on the Ballysaggart appeal against Creggan? Haven't heard anything yet.

Nothing yet
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Bonamargy

Dragging it out ritely. County still haven't released the full ACHL fixtures. Ridiculous considering they are supposed to start on Sun 30th March. Young fellas looking to book holidays and the longer they are made to wait, the more expensive their holiday becomes. Shouldn't take 4 months to sort the fixtures. Getting worse every year

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Bonamargy on March 04, 2014, 08:07:26 PM
Dragging it out ritely. County still haven't released the full ACHL fixtures. Ridiculous considering they are supposed to start on Sun 30th March. Young fellas looking to book holidays and the longer they are made to wait, the more expensive their holiday becomes. Shouldn't take 4 months to sort the fixtures. Getting worse every year

Ulster fixtures are out, referees already appointed.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

Quote from: Bonamargy on March 04, 2014, 08:07:26 PM

Given the fact the the GAA inter county master fixtures were out before Christmas - and vary very little year to year - the ACHL fixtures should have been out long ago!

Why don't you ask the delightfully hospitable and ever polite admin on the county website?

Two things for sure?
1) A few derbies on a Sunday afternoon - but trips around the county on a Wednesday night!
2) 4 games in a fortnight followed by 2 months sitting on your back side.

Bonamargy

I have indeed seen a few people ask our delightful admin on the county guestbook about the availability of fixtures......he seems a little touchy on the subject lol. Then again he seems a little touchy on every subject. I think he was on holidays and missed the customer relations course the day it was on lol.

brendanbelfast

I'm the admin on the county guestbook (for 90% of responses anyway) - can you tell me where the 'touchy' replies are?

Thanks

btdtgtt

Quote from: brendanbelfast on March 04, 2014, 10:48:46 PM
I'm the admin on the county guestbook (for 90% of responses anyway) - can you tell me where the 'touchy' replies are?

Thanks

Great to hear from you Brendan!

If you are admin you can trawl back through a long history of responses which could be viewed as at best blunt - and at worst ignorant.

Worst thing is that many of these responses have been to genuine queries which have received an almost confrontational retort.

The fact that the site is also selective about what is posted is the prerogative of the county - but I'm sure this is not the first time you have heard of some consternation over admin responses to guests posts?

theskull1

Thanks

Its probably the other guy who's the narky so and so :)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Bonamargy

Thanks
[/quote

I would describe the majority of responses on the county guestbook as condescending at best. I could copy and paste just about every page on the guestbook to show examples. A bit of co-operation and humility would go a long way. I wouldn't consider posting a question on the county guestbook, it probably wouldn't get put up. I like most spectators in this county like to watch our games as much as possible and plan my weeks around getting to games. Get the information out asap, it is not much to ask over 3 months after clubs submitted their competition entries.

brendanbelfast

I don't think the above comments are fair or accurate any longer to be honest.

There are some comments which dont get posted because they are i) libellous, ii) incoherent, or iii) personally aimed, which is inappropriate. The majority of comments do get posted and where I have answers to questions posted, I'll provide them.

But posts like 'why did the referee last Thursday week not send off the opposition full forward......?? wont see the light of day, and rightly so.

btdtgtt

Quote from: brendanbelfast on March 04, 2014, 11:37:51 PM
I don't think the above comments are fair or accurate any longer to be honest.

There are some comments which dont get posted because they are i) libellous, ii) incoherent, or iii) personally aimed, which is inappropriate. The majority of comments do get posted and where I have answers to questions posted, I'll provide them.

But posts like 'why did the referee last Thursday week not send off the opposition full forward......?? wont see the light of day, and rightly so.

No arguments on that post getting barred Brendan but other posts with genuine queries have been routinely rebuffed with cheeky answers- you must see this yourself?

Also at time when a debate has started the admin has edited posted and commented only where suits - this us not conducive to interactivity between the county and members.

Lastly - some of the responses are just downright inappropriate!

I cannot for one moment believe you haven't seen this in the past or can't go back and look at them.

If you have recently taken over the admin and there's a new show in town then that's great to see and good luck with it - I might even start using the site again!