Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

Careful now saffron. Don't you know you can't be a happy camp supporter and post negative things about the whole situation?  Onwards and upwards, or not as the case will be.  ::)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

imtommygunn

Quote from: clootfromthe21 on February 22, 2014, 04:58:24 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on February 22, 2014, 01:58:08 PM
It's not over yet. The whole thing is an embarassment. That interview with Bennett was bad enough never mind this.

I think it might be done at this stage. Ballysaggart's objection appears to have been ruled out of time. The Examiner reporting that, even if no valid objection, the GAA "may" still look into it. However, it now seems that Portumna fielded a 16 year old in their semi. Whatever about stiffing Creggan, there is no way Portumna will be ejected from the senior. They couldn't treat the two situations any differently.

The examiner seem to be going to town on this - wonder what their angle is.

Sie it's one thing to be negative and not have faith -  i had no faith in the footballers under dawson. However you seem to time your digs until defeat. We were beat by one point against wexford and maybe all is not rosy in the garden but if we were to have sneaked a win you would probably have said nothing. You seem to time to time your digs and be an "i told you so and i knew it "person. That is why people take exception - it's almost like you take some value from your county getting beat.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: saffron89 on February 23, 2014, 10:21:30 AM
has been a while and I am not going to trawl through the pages of no doubt high brow stuff.....  See MR2 still putting little snap shots in of what was undoubtedly a marvelous career !!!!!

was in Ballycastle last week, antrim disappointing.  However left the town that day horrified at a decision made by kevin Ryan

to reintroduce a sub he had already taken off for having a shit day at the office.  What sort of message does that send out to the bench / panel.   I assume there were other able bodies ready to play.

I do fear the worst today against limerick.  Or no doubt we will play with 2 extra defenders.  when wexford were down to 14 we still had a couple of extra men marking each other in the half back / midfield line.

It's not over yet, plenty more stories to tell about my marvelous career!! Next time your in the club we can share stories
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 23, 2014, 11:29:34 AM
It's not over yet. The whole thing is an embarassment. That interview with Bennett was bad enough never mind this.

I think it might be done at this stage. Ballysaggart's objection appears to have been ruled out of time. The Examiner reporting that, even if no valid objection, the GAA "may" still look into it. However, it now seems that Portumna fielded a 16 year old in their semi. Whatever about stiffing Creggan, there is no way Portumna will be ejected from the senior. They couldn't treat the two situations any differently.

Sie it's one thing to be negative and not have faith -  i had no faith in the footballers under dawson. However you seem to time your digs until defeat. We were beat by one point against wexford and maybe all is not rosy in the garden but if we were to have sneaked a win you would probably have said nothing. You seem to time to time your digs and be an "i told you so and i knew it "person. That is why people take exception - it's almost like you take some value from your county getting beat.
I take exception to the drivel that keeps getting publicised in the press, on here and elsewhere. Week, after week.  I'm afraid the truth hurts. This current Antrim set up is not working and hasn't been for god knows how Long. Whilst players continue to have a say on who gets selected for the team then I'm afraid it'll continue thus. I'm not happy about it, and neither should you be.  Players aren't being selected because of personality clashes and down right jealousy. Take a look at what happened at Antrim training when the Loughgiel hurlers returned to the Antrim fold after winning the all Ireland. Yes, I'm afraid that really did happen.

Do you think everyone in Galway loves joe canning? Or everyone in Kilkenny loves tommy Walsh?  Of course not. We also don't have the talent in numbers to leave players of proven exceptional quality out of the panel.  Simple as that.

I'll ask you one question. Is this Antrim team lining out today the best team we can field? Enough said.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on February 23, 2014, 12:27:58 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on February 23, 2014, 11:29:34 AM

I take exception to the drivel that keeps getting publicised in the press, on here and elsewhere. Week, after week.  I'm afraid the truth hurts. This current Antrim set up is not working and hasn't been for god knows how Long. Whilst players continue to have a say on who gets selected for the team then I'm afraid it'll continue thus. I'm not happy about it, and neither should you be.  Players aren't being selected because of personality clashes and down right jealousy. Take a look at what happened at Antrim training when the Loughgiel hurlers returned to the Antrim fold after winning the all Ireland. Yes, I'm afraid that really did happen.

Do you think everyone in Galway loves joe canning? Or everyone in Kilkenny loves tommy Walsh?  Of course not. We also don't have the talent in numbers to leave players of proven exceptional quality out of the panel.  Simple as that.

I'll ask you one question. Is this Antrim team lining out today the best team we can field? Enough said.

Well get off your arse and get involved, nothing will happen sitting behind a screen. Complaining about something and not willing to do something about it is daft, the I told you so's is stupid. The Antrim team lining out today is the team that has put the effort in over the winter months and who made themselves available for selection, Loughgiel lads I'm sure if they wanted to could have made themselves available, who didn't? Did JC, NMcG Winker and rest go to the meetings at the start and commit?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

You can't go if you're not selected mr2, as I've told you countless times. Jc and js have both quit Antrim. What happened two years ago has had a big say on the Loughgiel players attitude towards this Antrim set up. They said they'd return after the all Ireland series. In fact they've said that from day one. And in that regard, no different to any other set of players from any club who have been in a similar situation. It seems that the attitude is different when it comes to selecting loughgiel players for some reason.

pullhard

I've not seen big Hippys name on teamsheets this year. Is recovering from an injury? big lose of the town and county

Seamroga in exile

He's a big loss indeed. I'll put another question out there. No doubt it'll go down like a lead balloon.  ::)

On form alone should the Antrim management be considering dropping Neil McManus? He was awful in the county final Last year and has been struggling at the start of this year. Last weeks performance compounded this. Just a throw out there thought.  ;)

btdtgtt

I have to agree with some selective points from SiE.

1) this is clearly not the best team available to Antrim
2) there is obviously not harmony between management/players and the shamrocks - we can debate reasons for this but ultimately Antrim is the loser
3) clearly Neil mc manus has a huge role in this set-up over and above that of a player. Why? And I can't see this being a positive thing.

Hippy Donnelly is travelling at the moment - well he's not in ballycastle anyway.

We were once able to stay up in div1.
We are now firmly a div2 team - no longer capable of competing consistently with the top teams and now below Wexford Offaly. Instead of being routine wins Carlow Westmeath Laois provide stern tests.
Question - why?

pullhard

theskull1

Quote from: north aontroim gael on February 21, 2014, 01:05:26 PM
This whole Winker / Dublin thing is a nonsense.

If he truly wanted to be playing County hurling he would be playing.  He has walked off panels / fell out with nearly every manager he was involved with.

I for one am happy he has knuckled down with Loughgiel the past few years.

You would almost think this post wasn't relavent  ::)

Deadly the way winkers biatch can raise such a rumpass whilst ignoring this reality.

No doubt collectively in Antrim, a bit of growing up would help but this myopic mud slinging from SIE implys that not every party in these disagreements have to bear responsibility for their actions. As if mud slinging on a internet forum is going to soften positions.

Someone tell me the last time EVERYTHING was rosy in the garden?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

imtommygunn

Sie in how many counties in the country does the best 15 actually lineout? It is not exclusive to this county. Sports,  sports stars and egos can be very hard to manage- particularly in less successful counties.

Not looking good today. >:( guess you're happy it validates your opinion.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Seamroga in exile

Again, you're missing the point. I take umbrage at this attitude of yours that thinks I get any pleasure in this sorry state of affairs. There needs to be something sorted, quickly.

orangeman