Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: theskull1 on February 20, 2014, 10:54:17 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on February 20, 2014, 09:48:45 PM
They're hardly likely to come out and say they phoned up, now are they? The phone call was made. But sure, I'm glad. He'll be up here hurling away for us. Good stuff.

And in regards to the ethics of any such arrangements, this is good stuff?
playing for loughgiel, good stuff.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Antrim Coaster

If the rumours about Liam Watson's proposed transfer to Dublin are true, does the 'Seanie Johnson' rule not come into force here?

Would that mean he may have to transfer to a Dublin club in order to play championship for Dublin.

theskull1

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on February 21, 2014, 07:25:11 AM

You already told us that. My question was about the ethics of such arrangements? Is this a good GAA story?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: theskull1 on February 21, 2014, 08:34:29 AM

You already told us that. My question was about the ethics of such arrangements? Is this a good GAA story?
You'd be better directing that question to the county management team who instigated the whole process. What about the ethics of not selecting the best forward in the county because of personality clashes and senior players' unwillingness to move on the matter?

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on February 21, 2014, 08:40:27 AM
Quote from: theskull1 on February 21, 2014, 08:34:29 AM

You'd be better directing that question to the county management team who instigated the whole process. What about the ethics of not selecting the best forward in the county because of personality clashes and senior players' unwillingness to move on the matter?
[/quote

Narcistic
Some people diagnosed with a narcissistic personality disorder are characterized by exaggerated feelings of self-importance. They have a sense of entitlement and demonstrate grandiosity in their beliefs and behavior. They have a strong need for admiration, but lack feelings of empathy.[4]

Does this ring a bell anyone
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Seamroga in exile

theskull1

So you don't want to give your views on the ethical dimension to this approach (which is nothing more than a rumour denied by dublin)?

This is a nothing story that will go nowhere (i.e it will not happen), but is stirring the pot in the media rather than doing some behind the scenes work to see if something can be worked out. Typical I suppose

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: theskull1 on February 21, 2014, 12:16:11 PM

So you don't want to give your views on the ethical dimension to this approach (which is nothing more than a rumour denied by dublin)?

This is a nothing story that will go nowhere (i.e it will not happen), but is stirring the pot in the media rather than doing some behind the scenes work to see if something can be worked out. Typical I suppose
Moves have been attempted but rebuffed. Too many people too comfortable.

johnneycool

Is PJ Senior not on the selection panel with Kevin Ryan and horse any more?

Seamroga in exile

CCCC meeting next week again to come to a decision about Creggan after an investigation.

north aontroim gael

This whole Winker / Dublin thing is a nonsense.

If he truly wanted to be playing County hurling he would be playing.  He has walked off panels / fell out with nearly every manager he was involved with.

I for one am happy he has knuckled down with Loughgiel the past few years.

theskull1

Nail on head, but you can't fill pages calling it like it is, so not much chance of this story being put to bed.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: north aontroim gael on February 21, 2014, 01:05:26 PM

If he truly wanted to be playing County hurling he would be playing.  He has walked off panels / fell out with nearly every manager he was involved with.

Thank god a LG man with a balanced view well said

NAG1

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on February 21, 2014, 01:51:59 PM
Quote from: north aontroim gael on February 21, 2014, 01:05:26 PM

Thank god a LG man with a balanced view well said

I guess there are varying degrees of knuckling down though  ;)

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on February 21, 2014, 01:04:12 PM
CCCC meeting next week again to come to a decision about Creggan after an investigation.

I think they are going to be ok.  There are examples of other clubs doing the same thing but then the corridors of croke park are funny bunch when it comes to consistency