Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonamargy

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 19, 2014, 12:22:20 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on February 19, 2014, 11:14:30 AM
That's pathetic if true.

That news article was a joke too. If you can't beat a team over a full game, extra time and a replay then you don't deserve to be AI champions.

Really sour grapes all in all.

Rule 6.24 does state however : The County, Provincial and All-Ireland Stages of
the respective Club Senior, Intermediate and Junior
Football and Hurling Championships constitute the one
Competition

Was there not something like this before?

Ballysaggart really are an embarrassment, never heard as much crying from a beaten team in my life. I hope their appeal fails. If they win their appeal there will be really bad blood at any potential replay. Creggan would probably have to play their semi final again as well because the wee lad played that day too. What a mess

Ballybredagh

Lecale 2 is right. Bredagh had the exact same situation last year in the 2013 AI JHC SF and Conor Costello was deemed to be eligible, despite being U16 in 2012. What a bunch of poor losers Ballysaggart are. A total embarrassment to the game of hurling, with their antic and despicable sportsmanship.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Ballysaggart have really let themselfs down with this, more so their manager who has come accross as a real bad loser.

the lad played in the semi final and no objection and they knew his age then as it was well spashed over the press about him being 16 and scoring. utter sour grapes and nothing more.

move along, nothing to see here
hurl like f**k boi!

btdtgtt

I suppose our politicians would call all of this the "letter and spirit of the law".

Ballysaggart will now always be known for this incredible debacle more than anything on the pitch - and the GAA need to get the basics sorted out in terms of water-tight rules and not just on this matter.

Creggan are all-Ireland champions I don't think that will ever be taken from those lads and more power to them!

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: btdtgtt on February 20, 2014, 11:42:00 AM
I suppose our politicians would call all of this the "letter and spirit of the law".

Ballysaggart will now always be known for this incredible debacle more than anything on the pitch - and the GAA need to get the basics sorted out in terms of water-tight rules and not just on this matter.

Creggan are all-Ireland champions I don't think that will ever be taken from those lads and more power to them!

Is bennet the editor of the irish examiner
Or why are they on a crusade fir ballysaggart
More this morning
Another underage player Donal Carey
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Milltown Row2

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on February 20, 2014, 12:05:40 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on February 20, 2014, 11:42:00 AM

Is bennet the editor of the irish examiner
Or why are they on a crusade fir ballysaggart
More this morning
Another underage player Donal Carey

Would it matter if it were 15 players of the same age as Carey and Small?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnneycool

Winker going to an 'unnamed big hurling county' eh??

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=210033

He'll need to transfer clubs as well, just like Seany Johnston did to Kildare, hard to see that happening.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnneycool on February 20, 2014, 01:38:27 PM

He'll need to transfer clubs as well, just like Seany Johnston did to Kildare, hard to see that happening.

Would he get on the Dublin team?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 20, 2014, 01:41:17 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on February 20, 2014, 01:38:27 PM

Would he get on the Dublin team?

Not a chance
It won't happen anyway Dublin fans don't want him

Seamroga in exile

He said that himself on twitter About not being guaranteed a place. Interesting what PJ had to say.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

johnneycool

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on February 20, 2014, 03:07:02 PM
He said that himself on twitter About not being guaranteed a place. Interesting what PJ had to say.

Pretty similar to what you put on here recently, any correlation?

north_antrim_hound

I read PJ s input, why did he stop at Kevin Ryan
Sure every other antrim manager either wouldn't take him or got rid of him. Good luck to him with Dublin. I hope he gets on the panel and gets his place. I for one don't feel it's a big loss to antrim going on past experience

theskull1

Must we indulge the man?

We would do better in Antrim to focus on getting our development squad structures improved. If we could get the funding and the man power to bring year in year out progression all the way up to U21 where our younger teams learn to commit properly, train properly, get looked after properly and mix it with the established counties from a young age, that's bound to bring an improvement in our play at Senior level.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: johnneycool on February 20, 2014, 03:23:49 PM

Pretty similar to what you put on here recently, any correlation?
none at all. Simply what's been going on Johnny. Common knowledge.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

btdtgtt

So basically there's now a transfer system in the GAA?