Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

What it states though that the competition is one competition as he wasn't over the age of 16 till after January the first 2014 so having not played prior to that then not eligible, on that could a player (who never played in that competition with former club) be transferred from one club to another after January and be allowed to play?

In all honesty as a manager I wouldn't take that chance unless I got a written response from Croke Park that I can play a player who would fall into that category. Not worth the hassle, it's serious sour grapes by the Waterford team but he did score 1-3 and Creggan won by 4. I don't think they will lose it but may have to replay it possibly. Will that be a separate competition lol?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

nrico2006

Quote from: hardstation on February 19, 2014, 12:37:44 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on February 19, 2014, 12:33:15 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 19, 2014, 12:22:20 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on February 19, 2014, 11:14:30 AM
That's pathetic if true.

That news article was a joke too. If you can't beat a team over a full game, extra time and a replay then you don't deserve to be AI champions.

Really sour grapes all in all.

Rule 6.24 does state however : The County, Provincial and All-Ireland Stages of
the respective Club Senior, Intermediate and Junior
Football and Hurling Championships constitute the one
Competition

Was there not something like this before?

Probably a good few cases of it, the one I remember was the Ulster Minor Club a few years ago when Cavan Gaels appealed against Ballinderry, think it might have been against Ryan Bell being too young at the time.  Nothing but embarassing for any club crying about someone bing too young.  But surely if it is seen as the one competition then rules can't be changed midway through it.
All sorts of rules have changed halfway through. Black card, gumshields etc.

Also, the age rule hasn't changed. The player has just become eligible. Like a suspended player would.

That was my point, that if black cards, gumshields, helmets being mandatory, blood subs etc can all be introduced at the start of January in any given year and applied to a the remaining games of a competition that they weren't originally applied to then I can't see how this players eligibility is an issue as they obided by the rules in 2013 and didn't play him but did in 2014.  How would this have even been noticed by the Waterford team?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

theskull1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 19, 2014, 12:45:12 PM
What it states though that the competition is one competition as he wasn't over the age of 16 till after January the first 2014 so having not played prior to that then not eligible, on that could a player (who never played in that competition with former club) be transferred from one club to another after January and be allowed to play?

In all honesty as a manager I wouldn't take that chance unless I got a written response from Croke Park that I can play a player who would fall into that category. Not worth the hassle, it's serious sour grapes by the Waterford team but he did score 1-3 and Creggan won by 4. I don't think they will lose it but may have to replay it possibly. Will that be a separate competition lol?

I'd give them the trophy and let them enjoy it, if it came to it. Cringeworthy stuff
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Lecale2

We checked this very rule out last year before All Ireland JHC semi final. Ulster Council confirmed the lads in question are no longer in the u16 grade and could play.

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 19, 2014, 01:06:25 PM
Quote from: hardstation on February 19, 2014, 12:37:44 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on February 19, 2014, 12:33:15 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 19, 2014, 12:22:20 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on February 19, 2014, 11:14:30 AM
That's pathetic if true.

That news article was a joke too. If you can't beat a team over a full game, extra time and a replay then you don't deserve to be AI champions.

Really sour grapes all in all.

Rule 6.24 does state however : The County, Provincial and All-Ireland Stages of
the respective Club Senior, Intermediate and Junior
Football and Hurling Championships constitute the one
Competition

Was there not something like this before?

Probably a good few cases of it, the one I remember was the Ulster Minor Club a few years ago when Cavan Gaels appealed against Ballinderry, think it might have been against Ryan Bell being too young at the time.  Nothing but embarassing for any club crying about someone bing too young.  But surely if it is seen as the one competition then rules can't be changed midway through it.
All sorts of rules have changed halfway through. Black card, gumshields etc.

Also, the age rule hasn't changed. The player has just become eligible. Like a suspended player would.

That was my point, that if black cards, gumshields, helmets being mandatory, blood subs etc can all be introduced at the start of January in any given year and applied to a the remaining games of a competition that they weren't originally applied to then I can't see how this players eligibility is an issue as they obided by the rules in 2013 and didn't play him but did in 2014.  How would this have even been noticed by the Waterford team?

In the antrim post he got man of the match and he's only sixteen
I'd say our press unintentionally informed them
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

imtommygunn

Between that newspaper article and this Ballysaggart are not covering themselves in glory here. Pathetic stuff.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 19, 2014, 01:39:52 PM
Between that newspaper article and this Ballysaggart are not covering themselves in glory here. Pathetic stuff.

In one hand he's shot himself in the foot with all the nonsense he claimed about the referee and the county (Wicklow), if I or say a ex referee or Wicklow native was sitting on that CCCC he'll find it tough getting a vote from him!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnneycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 19, 2014, 01:42:56 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on February 19, 2014, 01:39:52 PM

In one hand he's shot himself in the foot with all the nonsense he claimed about the referee and the county (Wicklow), if I or say a ex referee or Wicklow native was sitting on that CCCC he'll find it tough getting a vote from him!!

Same referee did the Leinster minor hurling final last year as well as the Leinster club final with MLR and Oulart, so you'd think he'd be up to refereeing an AI junior hurling final even if he does referee the odd football game.

Tony Baloney

Embarrassing stuff from Ballysaggart. A 16 year old lad played therefore we couldn't beat them over 2 matches and ET  ::) :-[

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 19, 2014, 02:06:38 PM
Embarrassing stuff from Ballysaggart. A 16 year old lad played therefore we couldn't beat them over 2 matches and ET  ::) :-[

That's the pathetic part of it. It's i good job kickhams  didn't throw on some of there u14s or they would of beat ballysaggart out the gate.
This is nearly as laughable as derrytresk from Tyrone getting 4 players banned for their all Ireland because Declan o Sullivan got clocked with a handbag

Those pesky northerners you couldn't be up to them LOL
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

It is embarrasing in the extreme for Ballysaggart but how i think they will push the moral point is by saying  "we had good 16 year olds too but played by the rules and didnt field them" .

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on February 19, 2014, 04:15:09 PM
It is embarrasing in the extreme for Ballysaggart but how i think they will push the moral point is by saying  "we had good 16 year olds too but played by the rules and didnt field them" .

He already stated he'd several 16 years he could have played

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 19, 2014, 04:18:04 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on February 19, 2014, 04:15:09 PM

He already stated he'd several 16 years he could have played

There you go then. Still embarrassing for them though.