Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gizzy15

Well, relegation dog fight again, I would say we will now finish bottom after Laois result

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Gizzy15 on February 16, 2014, 03:53:50 PM
Well, relegation dog fight again, I would say we will now finish bottom after Laois result
McManus taken off and brought back on again.  ::)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Gizzy15

So much for a strong panel chomping at the bit,  must not trust rest of the subs enough, hate seeing that

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Gizzy15 on February 16, 2014, 05:06:06 PM
So much for a strong panel chomping at the bit,  must not trust rest of the subs enough, hate seeing that
that was the general consensus whee I was standing. No faith in the panel.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on February 16, 2014, 05:10:13 PM

Is that why we lost ya think?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 16, 2014, 05:17:49 PM

that and a distinct lack of talent.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on February 16, 2014, 05:19:03 PM

I'd say the latter would have been a major factor in losing, granted it's never great when bringing on a player whos been subbed already
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 16, 2014, 05:30:50 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on February 16, 2014, 05:19:03 PM

I'd say the latter would have been a major factor in losing, granted it's never great when bringing on a player whos been subbed already
no fight and no team spirit either. The big disappointment was that Wexford deserved to win, hurling with 14 men for 40 minutes.

thedog 83

I was at the match today and I couldn't understand Antrim's tactics at all.  With the wind in the 1st half we played a 2 man full forward line and played a natural corner forward in midfield.  A few times we had chances for shots at the posts from 50-60 yards but we decided to pump ball continually into the wexford full back line and with the spare man there, the ball got cleared easily.

Then when Clarkie got took off, Mattie Donnelly went to c3q's and Conor Carson went into full forward line, which I think was a bad call by the sideline cause Lee Chin came well into the game and Conor Carson effect on the game waned.

When Wexford went down to 14 men (think decision was softish) we still let Wexford have a free man in the back line and we had 2 men spare who basically done nothing productive at all round the middle of the field.

I didnt see many positives at all today, apart from Woody, Ciaran Johnston, Conor Carson and Shorty from the team that started and Conor Johnstom and Eoghan Campbell when introduced went well.

Wexford were there for the taking we were very, very poor.  i think a long hard season is in store for the lads.

Milltown Row2

Sarsfields lads do ok?

thedog 83

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 16, 2014, 06:33:12 PM
Sarsfields lads do ok?

In my opinion, were both a bit out of their depth but would like to see more of them.

McKernan was deployed as 3rd midfielder and it didnt seem to work for him.  McKenna linked well at times but lacked a bit of composure 

Milltown Row2

Quote from: thedog 83 on February 16, 2014, 06:41:37 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 16, 2014, 06:33:12 PM
Sarsfields lads do ok?

In my opinion, were both a bit out of their depth but would like to see more of them.

McKernan was deployed as 3rd midfielder and it didnt seem to work for him.  McKenna linked well at times but lacked a bit of composure

They took some scores I heard, Nial has a bitta rawness about him and Daniel is a bit light but quality hurler, same mould as Clarke but Clarke a far better hurler

Bonamargy

Antrims tactics of playing a sweeper with the wind at their backs just baffled me. Kept pumping the ball into the Wexford backs. Was a really bad clash of strips today with Antrim wearing the black and saffron strip, can't have been easy for the players, certainly wasn't easy to pick players out watching from the sideline. Nice jersey, but play in the saffron at home!

Minder

Was McManus not going well?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Bonamargy

McManus had been yellow carded, given away a couple more frees, the ref noted this again in his book. He then got involved in the scuffle where the Wexford player got a straight red just before half time, I was expecting Neil to get a second yellow at that stage, so it was no surprise that he was subbed at half time as he was going to be sent off the next time he fouled. Was surprised to see him thrown back on again with 10 mins to go. Nearly got a draw at the end only for shorty to miss the difficult free