Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Oops, sorry wrong thread milltown. No I wasn't so don't want to cast aspersions on whoever was...

Who won the last c'ship game between Rossa and the Johnnies? Wasn't that Rossa?

St Johns seem on the up and Rossa on the down so should be interesting. If the city hurling power base doesn't move from St Johns to Rossa now I would expect it to soon but St Johns haven't improved as much as you would expect with their failure at u21 level a big sign of this. They have however been streets ahead in underage over the last 5 or 6 years with GNM now catching up a bit.

maxpower

did st johns and rossa not draw in the league.  i'd imagine very little will seperate the teams in championship, but i think st johns will just edge it, was most impressed with them in the ulster league qf,
What happens next????

podge

As I have said below, the IHC is one of the most competitive and very hard to call.  Any one of Sars, St Pauls, Carey, R'town, Glenarm, Clooney gaels will fancy their chances in this. 

Carey seem to have gone off the boil after a good start to the season.  They have lost their way.  St Pauls are unknown as they havn;t fielded anywhere near their best team this year- but it can;t be turned on like a switch.  Sars experience in Div 1 might help but I don;t fancy them.  Clooney Gaels must be the most improved team in Antrim with some great results.

Maybe I am going against the grain, but I fancy randalstown.  Seem to be coming good at the right time.

Balboa

I think this talk about a "resurgence" from St Johns is all relative, it is more a case of Rossa having declined so badly since they won the championship in 2004. I mean St Johns are not going to count in this years championship IMO, it will be between Cushendall, Dunloy and Loughguile. They may have good underage teams but that is no guarantee of senior success, just ask the Shamrocks. We beat the Johnnies fairly handy in the league this year and unless things have changed drastically they may struggle against Ballycastle.

milltown row

is Guliem not a Rossa man? these are the same people  (their management) who pleaded with us to call a game off against them at senior level because Sean's younger brother Paddy died, so they could mourn his death.

your man Hamill is mental. he hit our manager and told him what would he know about hurling, this was after we beat them in their own back yard  ;D then the second time he got in his car before the final whistle and left

Give-it-Timber

Quote from: hardstation on July 31, 2007, 03:19:37 PM
Their other manager, Liam Mc Auley is the world's biggest ****. A foul mouthed, abusive eejit.

this has to be the first statement on this board i think everybody will agree with  :D  :D  :D

Balboa

Quote from: Give-it-Timber on July 31, 2007, 03:46:03 PM
Quote from: hardstation on July 31, 2007, 03:19:37 PM
Their other manager, Liam Mc Auley is the world's biggest ****. A foul mouthed, abusive eejit.

this has to be the first statement on this board i think everybody will agree with  :D  :D  :D

Is he still with them? Hamill has been there too long, there is only so many different ways of saying the same thing? I remember a few of the Rossa lads telling me Mc Auley was a bit of a clown and was only really there because he was Jim Connollys uncle. I think he managed them when they won the Championship in 2004 but a lot of the coaching/drills was done by the more senior players.

North Antrim

Sorry Balboa if you think i shouldnt put forward my opinion........sometimes im right, sometimes wrong but i will still give it.....

Carey have been blighted by injuries all year. They have lost 3 of their best players through long term injuries - James McAuley, Cathal McAuley and Michael Hegarty plus a few other players with niggling injuries. Now a small club like carey cant replace players of that quality (intermediate) and hence they have stuggled as of late. However aul Mickey Dallat will get the best out of them come championship. There best forward young Butler is heading off to Austrailia shortly so i would say they have very little chance of winning intermediate......

Balboa

Quote from: North Antrim on August 01, 2007, 01:17:42 PM
Sorry Balboa if you think i shouldnt put forward my opinion........sometimes im right, sometimes wrong but i will still give it.....

So bragging about winning the U-21 Championship, and winning it more "than youse boys" or words to that effect is giving your "opinion"? Its the kind of juvenile shite that is found on the North Antrim/Hoganstand websites and is probably why people are on GAA Board, because you can get sensible debate here (most of the time).

North Antrim

I aint bragging bout our club Balboa....why wud i ....we have been brutal as past 20 years BUT hopefully after years of mismanagement at all levels we are starting to turn a corner. I Apologise for coming across as "childish" but a bit of banter never killed anyone :D

NAG

Any views on the match last night?

seems we were looking to the dublin game to early.

Maybe too many ego's floating around that changing room at the moment

Balboa

I never believed the hype about some of those players,maybe its the kick in the arse some of them need and they will realise they havent "made it" yet. Sambo & Woody have not been doing them any favours either, conctantly talking them up. Just shows a good minor team is just that, a good minor team,does not translate to senior hurling or now U-21 hurling.

Give-it-Timber

Quote from: Balboa on August 02, 2007, 09:25:57 AM
I never believed the hype about some of those players,maybe its the kick in the arse some of them need and they will realise they havent "made it" yet. Sambo & Woody have not been doing them any favours either, conctantly talking them up. Just shows a good minor team is just that, a good minor team,does not translate to senior hurling or now U-21 hurling.

which players in particular are you talking about Balboa?

North Antrim

Take any of the players Give it Timber.......Name one who has really made it?? McManus, McGill, Graffin, McFall, McAuley, Shiels??? How can you classify them as having made it? They are yet to turn in really consistent performances at senior level. BUT maybe they feel they have arrived, cos they are ANTRIM SENIORS.......

Really disappointed about this result. This is the one where Sambo & Woody should have been putting alot of emphasis on......They will prob blame lack of trainining, clubs etc BUT i no for a fact Derry have had 2 sessions for the whole championship....lhardly serious preparation.....fact is our "Big stars" were outplayed/muscles by division 3 hurlers!

Give-it-Timber

i agree North Antrim, Just wanted to see who exactly Balboa was talking about.

i believe no player has MADE IT at U21 level, no matter how good he is.