Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 11, 2014, 11:53:09 AM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on February 11, 2014, 11:33:52 AM
Cloughmills are a senior team now Johnny.  ;)

Some achievement considering then  :D
Rich, coming from milltown row.  ;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

north aontroim gael

I'm confused as to which players Loughgiel have 'poached'?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on February 11, 2014, 12:14:25 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 11, 2014, 11:53:09 AM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on February 11, 2014, 11:33:52 AM
Cloughmills are a senior team now Johnny.  ;)

Some achievement considering then  :D
Rich, coming from milltown row.  ;)

Hurling section, keep those blow ins for the football side please  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

Quote from: north aontroim gael on February 11, 2014, 12:34:03 PM

Think it was reference to parish boundaries and it was tongue in cheek from what I could pick up  :D

Sleeping giant

First of all.  Absolutely gutted.  Barely slept since.  Would have been better to have been beaten out the gate than to under preform and loose by a point. Hurlers own us nothing, been a pleasure to follow them as past few years,   A lot of valid points made, on the ref, he didn't loose us the game but IMO he gifted MLR 4 soft frees in first half.  Lads loosing footing on few occasions and on another the MLR man turned into scully and hit the deck.   I also understand that there was a face mask pull leading to our 2nd goal.  Kind of evened itself out.  But hadn't the "soft frees" IMO been given.   I don't think MLR would have opened up any sort of lead at all.   Someone pointed out there intensity and it being matched only by ourselves in 2012.  Fair play they won on the day. Had that match reached extra time I feel the same result of 2012 was on the cards.  Are lads were flying fit and came into game very well in last 1/4.   I agree with nag that they are not that good a team but they have beaten anything in there path and fair play.  And with out doubt we left it behind.   Sick to my stomach.   But we shall have to move on.   Good luck MLR in final.   We will enjoy break and get ready for what should be a very testing championship.
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Na Glinntí Glasa

was chatting to a st johns man at the weekend and he was kinda gutted with their draw this year. i basically told him if someone from our side wins it this year they will really deserve it.

hurl like f**k boi!

clootfromthe21

How many Cloughmills men started for them on Saturday?  :D :D :D :D :D :D

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: clootfromthe21 on February 11, 2014, 01:16:07 PM

how many times have they played for cloughmills?  ;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

north aontroim gael

Players 'from' Cloughmills:

Paul Gillen - grew up around Loughgiel and played for them since Under 10.  Coughmills weren't even founded as a club when he started hurling for Loughgiel i'd imagine. Lives in Loughgiel.

Neil McGarry - as above although I think Cloughmills club had probably formed by the time he started hurling.  Definately no underage team though. Lives in Loughgiel.

Mark McFadden - played for Loughgiel since Under 10.  His father lived in and played for Loughgiel.

All of these players had family connections to the Loughgiel club hence there allegience.  I'd look upon it differently if another club had invested the time in developing these players since underage before they moved to Loughgiel, not the case though.  Bit of a stretch to say Loughgiel taking the pick of neighbouring clubs if based on the above.

north aontroim gael

Quote from: Sleeping giant on February 11, 2014, 12:40:15 PM
First of all.  Absolutely gutted.  Barely slept since.  Would have been better to have been beaten out the gate than to under preform and loose by a point. Hurlers own us nothing, been a pleasure to follow them as past few years,   A lot of valid points made, on the ref, he didn't loose us the game but IMO he gifted MLR 4 soft frees in first half.  Lads loosing footing on few occasions and on another the MLR man turned into scully and hit the deck.   I also understand that there was a face mask pull leading to our 2nd goal.  Kind of evened itself out.  But hadn't the "soft frees" IMO been given.   I don't think MLR would have opened up any sort of lead at all.   Someone pointed out there intensity and it being matched only by ourselves in 2012.  Fair play they won on the day. Had that match reached extra time I feel the same result of 2012 was on the cards.  Are lads were flying fit and came into game very well in last 1/4.   I agree with nag that they are not that good a team but they have beaten anything in there path and fair play.  And with out doubt we left it behind.   Sick to my stomach.   But we shall have to move on.   Good luck MLR in final.   We will enjoy break and get ready for what should be a very testing championship.

Yeah would agree with all of that.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dunloy realist on February 11, 2014, 01:12:40 PM
was chatting to a st johns man at the weekend and he was kinda gutted with their draw this year. i basically told him if someone from our side wins it this year they will really deserve it.

What would he have preferred? It is what it is, a lot of years we have met Loughgiel in the first round, it's a bummer, one year we had to play Dunloy (twice) and Cushendall, that's how it goes. There are no easy Championships to win, you'll have to play each game like a final anyway. St John's will improve on last year I was impressed by them for most parts of the game at Lamhs.

We will be under major pressure to reach the county final, purely based on passed results, that will mean nothing come the 28th of August, Clooney Gales will get stuck in and I'll be happy with a one point win (which is what we won by last time we played)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 11, 2014, 01:46:09 PM

What would he have preferred? It is what it is, a lot of years we have met Loughgiel in the first round, it's a bummer, one year we had to play Dunloy (twice) and Cushendall, that's how it goes. There are no easy Championships to win, you'll have to play each game like a final anyway. St John's will improve on last year I was impressed by them for most parts of the game at Lamhs.

We will be under major pressure to reach the county final, purely based on passed results, that will mean nothing come the 28th of August, Clooney Gales will get stuck in and I'll be happy with a one point win (which is what we won by last time we played)

Would need to be a big improvement from what I saw of them in the Championship, yes they are young but they were no where near it.

north aontroim gael

Quote from: NAG1 on February 11, 2014, 01:49:25 PM

Would need to be a big improvement from what I saw of them in the Championship, yes they are young but they were no where near it.

Still very reliant on Brian McFall up front and he is well past his best.

johnneycool

Three it seems.

No Armoy lads?

8)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on February 11, 2014, 01:54:59 PM

:o

What I'm trying to say was their stick work was good, their handling was good, as said by someone already they rely on Brian a lot, Brian demands the ball and a lot goes through him. I have refereed them last year twice and they hurled rightly. I know Cushendall beat them handy.

I think they are the best city team for a while and will continue to be, Rossa have went to the wall and we are behind Rossa so a lot to do in the city still